Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 158

Thread: Obama Criticizes Republicans for Blocking Health Care Bill

  1. #91
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Criticizes Republicans for Blocking Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually not true.
    Actually quite true.

    You asked for information, and I gave it to you.

    You (and jackalope) are now trying to argue that the information I gave you doesnt really fill your request for information, because it doesn tmeet -additiona- conditions not originally founs in your original request for information.

    If that's not moving the goalpost, nothing is.

    Now, just admit you're wrong and move on.

  2. #92
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Criticizes Republicans for Blocking Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Read my below post.

    There have been republican bills put forth. They're pointless. Its idiotic, illogical, and frankly a waste of effort for Republicans to massively try to push fully their version of thinsg right now because its just frankly going to be extremely improbable to pass. Point blank. That's it. its like trying to go ahead and play a 60 minute basketball game with a single player on your team against a fully stacked team on the other side. Sure, there's a tiny fraction of a chance, but in all reality its just not going to happen.

    Beyond that, there's no big point or incentive right now to talk about other factors of the vote in any major way....however its pure ignorance or willful ignoring of things to claim that there is absolutely no republican, either joe voter or elected official, that hasn't or isn't talking about forms of health care reform they'd be in favor of. There is a giant, huge, MAMMOTH sized wall at the forefront of this in regards to the public option. And its pointless for either side to really massively discuss anything else until that gets solved one way or another because all that talk will be for naught. The Democrats are likely not going to have enough votes at this moment to get something passed that doesn't include a public option in some form, and Republicans are not going to agree to any bill that has a Public Option. So any talk of other things to compromise on or move forward on would actually be rather fruitless and just as much "playing politics" as anything else because it'd be them flapping their gums for no other reason than to try and say "See, we were TRYING something" when in reality both sides know diddly is going to be done due to the big giant Wall in between them.

    Republicans are not against reform by and large. There are republican sponsored bills and amendments. There have been Republicans both elected and non-elected in numerous places talking about various ideas for reform. I can't think of a large amount of republicans that have sat here and gone "absolutely no reform of any kind at all" or "absolutely no compromise of any kind at all", but that simply they're not going to budge in regards to a public option.

    And if you're trying to say that the Public Option is the only way you can have reform, and if you're against a bill with that then you're against reform, then frankly that's no less playing politics than Demint because the notion that that's the "only" form of Reform at all and anyone against it is against reform is absolutely asinine.
    I will reply to this one. The problem is that while yes, the republicans have presented bills to committee, they have not promoted those bills, or anything other than saying "no". If you write a long post on a topic in a word processor on your computer, and file it away on your hard disc without telling any one about it, you are not promoting that post. This is very much like what the republicans have done. The only way I could find out what republicans do want for health care reform is to read some overlong bill that is lacking in details. That is not effective presentation.

  3. #93
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Criticizes Republicans for Blocking Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Actually quite true.

    You asked for information, and I gave it to you.

    You (and jackalope) are now trying to argue that the information I gave you doesnt really fill your request for information, because it doesn tmeet -additiona- conditions not originally founs in your original request for information.

    If that's not moving the goalpost, nothing is.

    Now, just admit you're wrong and move on.
    Hey look, Gobbie clipped all the explanation from a post so he can actually argue against it without having to argue against the point. Boy, he has never done that before...

  4. #94
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Criticizes Republicans for Blocking Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    No, Goobs, the question was a logic failure. The one has nothing to do with the other.
    Ah -- so THAT'S your problem.
    Never mind -- this explains everything.

  5. #95
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Obama Criticizes Republicans for Blocking Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    No, Goobs, the question was a logic failure. The one has nothing to do with the other.
    Logic failure? Goobie commit of those? Why he would never do that not like he makes ad hoc ergo propter hoc fallacies or anything.

  6. #96
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Criticizes Republicans for Blocking Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey look, Gobbie clipped all the explanation from a post so he can actually argue against it without having to argue against the point. Boy, he has never done that before...
    I'm sorry -- were you going to tell me how you did NOT do exactly as I described?

  7. #97
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Obama Criticizes Republicans for Blocking Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Whaddya, mean, SO? You asked the question - don't like the answer .... again???




    As to why not pass the bill - sure thing, have the Republicans quit whining about majority votes (reconciliation). GOPers are the whiners .... wah wah wah wah ...... stfu already.


    As to Obama 'bashing' .... he's doing nothing of the kind, and none by the most hyperpartisan thinks he is. Wassamatta grasshoppa, don't like any criticism AT ALL?


    Toooooo bad.
    It's amazing that I have to explain this, because most people understand it without explanation, but "So?" generally means "this doesn't mean anything in terms of the point." Most people have that figured out by first grade, if not before.

    Problem is with the failed logic of those that think criticizing 'those in the Republican party who think that the best thing to do is just to kill reform' ipso facto means that Pres Obama does not have the votes to pass a good bill.
    I "assumed" nothing other than what he said, which is that he has the votes.

    Now, assuming that he has the votes, why don't they just go pass the bill?

    What does bashing Republicans for trying to "block" it accomplish?

    You have answered neither of those questions. Claiming you have is either dishonesty or knuckle-dragging droolery.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #98
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Criticizes Republicans for Blocking Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'm sorry -- were you going to tell me how you did NOT do exactly as I described?
    I did. You just clipped it out of my post when you replied.

  9. #99
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Obama Criticizes Republicans for Blocking Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Actually quite true.

    You asked for information, and I gave it to you.

    You (and jackalope) are now trying to argue that the information I gave you doesnt really fill your request for information, because it doesn tmeet -additiona- conditions not originally founs in your original request for information.

    If that's not moving the goalpost, nothing is.

    Now, just admit you're wrong and move on.

    Sorry, but you are wrong. Paygo rules apply, and the bill must be paid for. And none of the Republican bills are.

    Further, since the POINT of reform is to control costs and reduce the numbers of uninsureds, any reform bill must accomplish that as well.

  10. #100
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Criticizes Republicans for Blocking Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I did. You just clipped it out of my post when you replied.
    Yes... that;s the part where you moved the goalpost.

    I clipped that part to avoid embarassing you any more than you already embarassed yourself.

    Just trying to be nice, and all.

    YOU asked:

    Where are republicans saying what they would vote for? Where are republicans saying what they do want?
    I presented to you the GOP plan.

    From that point, you decided to change the conditions of the test.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 09-14-09 at 04:47 PM.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •