Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Anti-abortion activist shot in front of Owosso High School

  1. #21
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,824
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Anti-abortion activist shot in front of Owosso High School

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    I hate Communist with a passion for personal reasons since both of my Grandfathers were sent to Siberia becasue they owned "too much"/ Owned a bsiness" but where is your evidence that Jones is a Communists? I have read about ACORN in the media but why is ACORN such a concern that it's foibles need to to highlighted any more than any other organization that has gotten into trouble? Is your fixation on ACORN because President Obama long before he was President was an atttorney that worked with them? If your have that fixation then Dick Cheney should be in jail because of his business connections that the Bush administration helepd.

    It seems as though you attack the un-Republicans for any accusation but give the Rpublicans a pass on anything.

    What no fairness!!!!

    ps I really thing that that anyone who labels a person, a party, or a policy as Communist when it is not is doing the world a great harm since that dimishes the eveil that is real Communisn and makes the real Comminists less idenifiable as the evil scum that they are. I hate to say but I feel so strongly about false accusation that I beleive anyone who does that is an A-hole .
    Van Jones is a self avowed communist. These are his own words:

    East Bay Express | News | The New Face of Environmentalism

    But in jail, he said, "I met all these young radical people of color -- I mean really radical, communists and anarchists. And it was, like, 'This is what I need to be a part of.'" Although he already had a plane ticket, he decided to stay in San Francisco. "I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary." In the months that followed, he let go of any lingering thoughts that he might fit in with the status quo. "I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th," he said. "By August, I was a communist."
    Oops! So either you are lying by saying that he isn't a communist, you are simply misinformed, or you didn't do any research to disprove the FACT that he is a communist.

    ACORN has been linked for years to voter fraud. Our problem with ACORN has existed long before Barack Obama was even a US Senator, let alone a candidate for POTUS.

    ACORN Workers Indicted For Alleged Voter Fraud - Politics News Story - KMBC Kansas City

    Criminal charges filed against ACORN, two employees - Las Vegas Sun

    11 accused of faking voter registration cards in Miami-Dade - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

    YouTube - FOXNews Story on Voter Fraud in Missouri

    I'll accept your apology whenever you are ready to provide it.

    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  2. #22
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,824
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Anti-abortion activist shot in front of Owosso High School

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    How about you stop wearing those tin foil hats becasue I understand that they are very harfull to a persons mental health.

    SEIU - what that be ? South Eastern Illonois University !!! Sounds like a very Un-American school becaause isn't Illonois a foreign name ? Like an Indian name or something ? Like Iroquis ?? Can't be too carefull with them foreign names you know.
    SEIU - Service Employees International Union

    These folks helped write the stimulus bill. Now why on earth would a union have a hand in writing a bill passed by both houses of Congress and signed by the POTUS? Unions make up (brace yourself) a whopping 12% of the workforce in the US. Should such a minority have a stake in writing legislation that spends almost a trillion taxpayer dollars? SEIU has it's fingerprints all over the Obama administration.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  3. #23
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,824
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Anti-abortion activist shot in front of Owosso High School

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Do you have proof that ACORN is getting 8.5 billion in stimulus cash? Links please?

    How come the media didn't look closely at Haliburton as they are at ACORN. Even though Haliburton gave our troops bad food and water and built substandard facilities that harmed our own troops. Nevermind Cheney's stock being worth nothing before he entered office and his stocks being worth millions when he left office.
    What on earth does ACORN have to do with Halliburton? Can we try to stay on topic just once? But since you brought Halliburton up, if you were so concerned about Halliburton, shouldn't you be just as concerned with ACORN and SEIU? Or would that be hypocritical of you to have issue with one and not the other? Of course it would, but I'll let you figure it out.

    DeeJayH misspoke regarding the 8.5 billion dollar figure. ACORN stands to gain a portion of the 8.5 billion figure set aside for community organizations in the stimulus bill (again, written with the help of SEIU). SEIU and ACORN just happen to share offices with each other, coincidence since both of these groups have the President's ear on an almost daily basis? I think not.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Anti-abortion activist shot in front of Owosso High School

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    It is pretty fun how Fox News is trying to sensationalize it as if the guy was targeted because he was anti-abortion.
    People who don't think the Conservative Media is biased are kidding themselves.
    Both the conservative and liberal media are biased, and both are fed by sensationalism.
    And fewer people will watch the news and even less will trust the news.
    Maybe all of our news service should be nationalized.
    And Walter Cronkite will be rolling over in his grave.

  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,824
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Anti-abortion activist shot in front of Owosso High School

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Both the conservative and liberal media are biased, and both are fed by sensationalism.
    And fewer people will watch the news and even less will trust the news.
    Maybe all of our news service should be nationalized.
    And Walter Cronkite will be rolling over in his grave.
    Anyone who gets their news from just one source is an idiot. I've said this over and over again. You have to look at all sides if you want the truth. FOX News has an angle and an agenda to push, as does CNN, MSNBC, ETC... Simply watching MSNBC because you are a liberal doesn't mean that you are getting the truth. Simply watching FOX News because you are a conservative doesn't mean that you are getting the truth. The problems begin when media outlets refuse to cover the news because it goes against their agenda, which is what we have seen with the Van Jones issue, the ACORN issue, etc... The media is supposed to be the watchdogs over government. We saw the likes of MSNBC and CNN go after the Bush administration while FOX pretty much gave a pass, and the left mocked FOX for this. Now that the tables have turned and it is FOX going after the Obama administration and the MSNBC's and CNN's giving the pass, where is the mockery of MSNBC and CNN from the left? Nowhere, they still mock FOX. Funny how the hypocrisy is crystal clear when one is a realist.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  6. #26
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Anti-abortion activist shot in front of Owosso High School

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    SEIU - Service Employees International Union

    These folks helped write the stimulus bill. Now why on earth would a union have a hand in writing a bill passed by both houses of Congress and signed by the POTUS? Unions make up (brace yourself) a whopping 12% of the workforce in the US. Should such a minority have a stake in writing legislation that spends almost a trillion taxpayer dollars? SEIU has it's fingerprints all over the Obama administration.
    No special interest of any kind should be the sole writer of any bill. They can have their say and in certain cases should have their say. For example a bill on veterans benefits should haveinput from the Veteran Service organizations.

    During the Bush administartion industries of which regulations bills were being worked were asked to actually write some bills not just help as you said about a union. I don't have to "brace myself" about the percent of union membership because union membership has been falling and the decline in union membership has fallen roughly in pace with the decline in our manufacturing levels.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  7. #27
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Anti-abortion activist shot in front of Owosso High School

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    Anyone who gets their news from just one source is an idiot. I've said this over and over again. You have to look at all sides if you want the truth. FOX News has an angle and an agenda to push, as does CNN, MSNBC, ETC... Simply watching MSNBC because you are a liberal doesn't mean that you are getting the truth. Simply watching FOX News because you are a conservative doesn't mean that you are getting the truth. The problems begin when media outlets refuse to cover the news because it goes against their agenda, which is what we have seen with the Van Jones issue, the ACORN issue, etc... The media is supposed to be the watchdogs over government. We saw the likes of MSNBC and CNN go after the Bush administration while FOX pretty much gave a pass, and the left mocked FOX for this. Now that the tables have turned and it is FOX going after the Obama administration and the MSNBC's and CNN's giving the pass, where is the mockery of MSNBC and CNN from the left? Nowhere, they still mock FOX. Funny how the hypocrisy is crystal clear when one is a realist.

    What you say about watching only one news source does mean that the person is an idiot or at best narrow minded( my words) is true. What I saw over the years is that the media as a whole was not "liberal" but yes there a few probably very few know up front tended to either have the prism of some liberal tendancies. For the most part the media was fair and balanced. What I believe happened is that the right wng wanted the media to push their agenda and there wasn't anyone doing that. Then along caame FOX. The right wing flocked to FOX not because it wanted fair and balanced news but to hear it's point of view.

    I have to disagree with you that the CN's, NMB, o even NPR attacking the Bush administartion. Theyalso did not hide the troubl that Clnton got into either.

    There was no playing dead and giving any administartion a passs until FOX flew into the "news" wars. Let's be serious here even the opinion talking heads on FOX are virtuall all one sided.
    Last edited by F107HyperSabr; 09-12-09 at 11:59 PM.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  8. #28
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Anti-abortion activist shot in front of Owosso High School

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Both the conservative and liberal media are biased, and both are fed by sensationalism.
    And fewer people will watch the news and even less will trust the news.
    Maybe all of our news service should be nationalized.
    And Walter Cronkite will be rolling over in his grave.
    WalterCronkite was critical of the fanctionalization of the news media.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  9. #29
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,487

    Re: Anti-abortion activist shot in front of Owosso High School

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    It is pretty fun how Fox News is trying to sensationalize it as if the guy was targeted because he was anti-abortion.
    .
    It sounded to me they thought he was shot cause he was an azzhole.
    Thank you

  10. #30
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Anti-abortion activist shot in front of Owosso High School

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    What on earth does ACORN have to do with Halliburton? Can we try to stay on topic just once? But since you brought Halliburton up, if you were so concerned about Halliburton, shouldn't you be just as concerned with ACORN and SEIU? Or would that be hypocritical of you to have issue with one and not the other? Of course it would, but I'll let you figure it out.

    DeeJayH misspoke regarding the 8.5 billion dollar figure. ACORN stands to gain a portion of the 8.5 billion figure set aside for community organizations in the stimulus bill (again, written with the help of SEIU). SEIU and ACORN just happen to share offices with each other, coincidence since both of these groups have the President's ear on an almost daily basis? I think not.
    I am very strictly on topic since my example was one of relationships. Obama had a very casual realtionship with ACORN where as Cheney actually worked for HALIBURTIN as a high ranking executive. You guys are yapping about ACORN not that you are so concerned about whether or not they did anything wong but becaue you want to tied Obama to they in your overactive partisanship.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •