Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 374

Thread: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

  1. #41
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Yes I am have you very read any history of the US Congress at all if not go and read about Congress
    So what is your preferred method of deliberation? Everyone yelling at each other at the same time about whatever they feel like, and then voting whenever?

    As far as I know there isn't a single organization - government or private - anywhere in the world that successfully operates like this.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: Wilson Faces House Vote House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) "has agreed the House s

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Anyone trying to make anything more out of this, whether calling for censure or arguing that Wilson was right, is doing it solely for political purposes.
    Of course its political, we are talking about a national healthcare reform bill and whether it should cover illegal aliens.

    Whether he was rude or not, he was right, Obama has been playing fast and loose with the truth, The Congressional Cronies are even now slipping the SAVE provisions back into the bill, and why would they be doing that if not to avoid the ****storm Wilson's rude rightness created ??

    Best rude I've seen in a while. If we have to have any, and we will, since Humans are fallible, then this kind of eventually beneficial rude is my favorite kind.

  3. #43
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Yes I am have you very read any history of the US Congress at all if not go and read about Congress
    Alright, hang on, I'll go read about Congress and get back to you. Anything in particular, or just a quick readthrough of the directory?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Of course its political, we are talking about a national healthcare reform bill and whether it should cover illegal aliens.

    Whether he was rude or not, he was right, Obama has been playing fast and loose with the truth, The Congressional Cronies are even now slipping the SAVE provisions back into the bill, and why would they be doing that if not to avoid the ****storm Wilson's rude rightness created ??

    Best rude I've seen in a while. If we have to have any, and we will, since Humans are fallible, then this kind of eventually beneficial rude is my favorite kind.
    And even if he thought he was right, there were far better ways to bring it up. I completely disagree with your assertion that this will have a net positive effect on the final bill from the Republican perspective, and I don't think there are many on Capitol Hill who would agree with you either.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    And even if he thought he was right, there were far better ways to bring it up.
    Bah, a political stunt, and nothing more. One way to add drama to a point. Let them pass a censure motion, I am fine with it. "Take what you want, and pay for it". Let Wilson get censured, it doesn't change this . . .

    In the Senate, Democrats in the so called "Gang of Six," a group of bipartisan senators on the Senate Finance Committee which is the last panel yet to release its bill, began moving quickly to close the loophole that Wilson helped bring greater attention to.

    "We absolutely assure that those who are here illegally would not get the benefit of any of these initiatives," Sen. Kent Conrad said.
    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I completely disagree with your assertion that this will have a net positive effect on the final bill from the Republican perspective, and I don't think there are many on Capitol Hill who would agree with you either.
    I think the above shows you are already wrong, and once more discussion fleshes the issue out, the SAVE provisions will have to be put in . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Do you know what the SAVE program is ?

    USCIS - SAVE

    If there is no legal way to determine residency prior to the delivery of care / benefits, then illegals will get them.

    The fact that the bill "claims" they won't, is a lie, because the provision to enforce that claim has been voted out.

    No Enforcement Provision = No Denial of Care

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    So what is your preferred method of deliberation? Everyone yelling at each other at the same time about whatever they feel like, and then voting whenever?

    As far as I know there isn't a single organization - government or private - anywhere in the world that successfully operates like this.
    British Parliment,Lower House of the Japanese Diet just off the top of my head oh and back in the day the US Congress befor there was Radio and Cameras.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Alright, hang on, I'll go read about Congress and get back to you. Anything in particular, or just a quick readthrough of the directory?
    Start with Lincoln Era then you can try reading up on Andrew Jackson time.

    The funny thing about this folks is that this used to go on all the time in Congress hell Congress used to have duels.

  7. #47
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    British Parliment,Lower House of the Japanese Diet just off the top of my head oh and back in the day the US Congress befor there was Radio and Cameras.
    Even the British Parliament - obnoxious as it is - has rules of order. The US Congress has always had rules of order since its inception, so I really have no idea what you're talking about. And I don't know anything about the Japanese Diet, but given your other two flawed examples I think it's highly likely you're mistaken about that one as well.

    No governing body can operate without them. It's simply impossible. To claim that they violate the First Amendment (especially when the power to establish these rules is enshrined in the Constitution) is absurd.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 09-11-09 at 08:36 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #48
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Start with Lincoln Era then you can try reading up on Andrew Jackson time.

    The funny thing about this folks is that this used to go on all the time in Congress hell Congress used to have duels.
    No they didn't.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    No they didn't.
    Yes they did here is a list.

    The Political Graveyard: Politicians Killed in Duels

  10. #50
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult - Yahoo! News



    Sometimes my party pisses me off. There is no reason to do this, no point to it, and is just a waste of time.
    I agree that there is no reason to have his show go on. Wilson made an ass out of himself and the intelligent members of his own party know that. The ones who believe falsy may I add that he was justified in doing what he did will just heap more sympathy upon the schmoe.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •