Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 374

Thread: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Yeah him giving a speech on Wednesday is the only part that matters. Nevermind that nothing in his statement was a lie. You're just going to keep claiming it was a lie just because.
    He knew there was no enforcement mechanism in "THE THING" when he made his false claim about "THE THING".

    I certainly will keep calling this lie a lie.

  2. #272
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    He knew there was no enforcement mechanism in "THE THING" when he made his false claim about "THE THING".

    I certainly will keep calling this lie a lie.
    SAVE isn't an enforcement mechanism its verification. Enforcement has nothing to do with illegal aliens supposedly getting coverage which hasn't happened yet. Again that would be like you saying its going to rain on friday but me calling you a liar because I see no rain clouds today. Until friday happens there's no way to tell what you're saying is a lie as it hasn't happened yet. He didn't make a false claim about the thing as there is no "thing" yet. The "thing" hasn't made it out of committee yet. All you have is a draft, an unfinished work. Do you call an unfinished manuscript a book? A screenplay a film? Again you don't seem to understand how bills work or how legislation comes about. You're willing to call the president a liar because that's what you want to believe but you have yet to prove he is lying.

    The only lie is the one you're perpetuating.

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    SAVE isn't an enforcement mechanism its verification.
    Was it in "THE THING" on Wednesday ?

    No ? Thanks for playing.

  4. #274
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Was it in "THE THING" on Wednesday ?

    No ? Thanks for playing.
    "The thing" was never a finalized bill again there's nothing to say your supposed end all do all was never going to be in the bill. Again your "thing" in the "Thing" has nothing to do with if illegal immigrants were ever going to receive coverage which is what the statement was about. Until they received coverage under the health care reform his statement was not a lie no matter how much you keep trying to dance around that.

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    "The thing" was never a finalized bill
    Oh, a "finalized bill"

    I told you, ALL of your semantic antics and attempts to rename are covered by "THE THING".
    Thats why I invented "THE THING", to account for and pre-emptively include any bait n switch or added word technicality ploys you might attempt.

    The very nature of "THE THING" is that it eliminates your opportunity to employ your semantic antics.

    Obama lied, on Wednesday, about what was or was not in "THE THING" on Wednesday.

    No time travel, No semantic antics, so you are all out of escape moves.

  6. #276
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Oh, a "finalized bill"

    I told you, ALL of your semantic antics and attempts to rename are covered by "THE THING". Thats why I invented "THE THING". To account forand pre-emptively include any bait n switch or added word technicality ploys you might attempt.

    The very nature of "THE THING" is that it eliminates your opportunity to employ your semantic antics.

    Obama lied, on Wednesday, about what was or was not in "THE THING" on Wednesday.

    No time travel, No semantic antics, so you are all out of escape moves.

    There's nothing semantic about it. Do I really have to bust out the schoolhouse rock video for you about how a bill comes about since you don't seem to understand how the process works.

    Preemptively include? This isn't a bait and switch. You're talking about a draft bill which has yet to come out of committee. Until then there's nothing set in stone. You seem to think that somehow Obama talking about something in the future that hasn't happened yet somehow applies to a bill that's always changing.

    Obama didn't lie on wednesday even with your enforcement BS no illegal immigrants have gotten coverage from the health reform efforts. Until that happens there is no long. Keep trying to fancy it up. Your argument continues to lack merit.
    Last edited by PogueMoran; 09-16-09 at 05:42 PM.

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    There's nothing semantic about it.
    Of course there is, why do you think you are trying to sneak your little "finalized" modifier onto the term ?

    If thats not semantic, what is ?

  8. #278
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,535

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    There's nothing semantic about it. Do I really have to bust out the jailhouse rock video for you about how a bill comes about since you don't seem to understand how the process works.

    Preemptively include? This isn't a bait and switch. You're talking about a draft bill which has yet to come out of committee. Until then there's nothing set in stone. You seem to think that somehow Obama talking about something in the future that hasn't happened yet somehow applies to a bill that's always changing.

    Obama didn't lie on wednesday even with your enforcement BS no illegal immigrants have gotten coverage from the health reform efforts. Until that happens there is no long. Keep trying to fancy it up. Your argument continues to lack merit.
    SCHOOLHOUSE Rock, champ, and I think maybe you should watch it yourself if you think it refutes anything he said.

    And yes, you ARE saying you can't criticize a bill until it's in "final form," which I suppose means it's being voted on.

    But by the time the vote comes up, it's too late.

    I really do NOT get where this idiotic notion that you can't criticize a bill until there's no possible chance that something might be changed come from. I just don't. It's one of the dumbest non-arguments I've seen in recent years.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #279
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    SCHOOLHOUSE Rock, champ, and I think maybe you should watch it yourself if you think it refutes anything he said.

    And yes, you ARE saying you can't criticize a bill until it's in "final form," which I suppose means it's being voted on.

    But by the time the vote comes up, it's too late.

    I really do NOT get where this idiotic notion that you can't criticize a bill until there's no possible chance that something might be changed come from. I just don't. It's one of the dumbest non-arguments I've seen in recent years.
    Obviously you have no idea how a bill works then. It doesn't just get voted on once it comes out of committee. Usually the house and senate have several different bills they propose once they get out of committee, from there the bill is worked, amended and usually the house and senate try to come to a concensus then they vote on it. This is a far cry from the draft being kicked around in the finance committee.

    There is plenty of possible chance to look at the bill when it comes out of committee it just goes to show you know less about legislation than you do about the english language which I have repeated to you over and over again. Just because an argument goes over your head doesn't make it dumb just something you cannot grasp. Hence why you keep trying to make it not about his statement but about some delusional do all end all amendment you are clueless as to how it works.

  10. #280
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,535

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Obviously you have no idea how a bill works then. It doesn't just get voted on once it comes out of committee. Usually the house and senate have several different bills they propose once they get out of committee, from there the bill is worked, amended and usually the house and senate try to come to a concensus then they vote on it. This is a far cry from the draft being kicked around in the finance committee.

    There is plenty of possible chance to look at the bill when it comes out of committee it just goes to show you know less about legislation than you do about the english language which I have repeated to you over and over again. Just because an argument goes over your head doesn't make it dumb just something you cannot grasp. Hence why you keep trying to make it not about his statement but about some delusional do all end all amendment you are clueless as to how it works.
    Right, and your handle on comprehending what I wrote is rock-solid.

    I'll make it simple.

    Any bill in any written, introduced form is up for criticism on any level at any point along the legislative process. Period. An argument that you have to "wait" for anything is simply stupid.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •