Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 374

Thread: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Lost in all this is that Wilson was 100 percent factually accurate.

    And I don't recall the respect Dems gave Bush during his speeches. Seems like it was OK then.

    This is what happens when we elect an incompetent fool as president whom virtually no one respects.
    Yeah, I agree that at the time it was accurate what Wilson said. He just chose the wrong way and the wrong time to bring attention to it.

  2. #262
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yeah, I agree that at the time it was accurate what Wilson said. He just chose the wrong way and the wrong time to bring attention to it.
    I'm not so sure. The result of what happened is to place this particular issue under a microscope. Maybe it was calculated, but gutsy nonetheless.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Yeah not in the question You asked but in reality of the context of the discussion.
    Yeah, in reality, this entire event occured on Wednesday, so there is no timetravel crap.

    He lied, on Wednesday, about what "THE THING" did or did not contain, on Wednesday.

  4. #264
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Yeah, in reality, this entire event occured on Wednesday, so there is no timetravel crap.

    He lied, on Wednesday, about what "THE THING" did or did not contain, on Wednesday.
    The only part of your argument was that he gave the speech on Wednesday. The rest of your argument fails as he was talking about something that has not occurred yet. In order for it to be a lie illegal immigrants would have to have gotten coverage under his health care efforts. Again you're not making sense. You're the one throwing around time travel. I'm analysing his sentence structure and explaining what it meant in English. Once again his statement was talking about how people say that illegal immigrants would get coverage under his health care measures. In order for his statement to be false Illegals would have to get coverage under his plan which once again hasn't happened yet. So to recap, you refuse to prove your argument and continue this filibustering over some side argument you made up. No illegals have been covered under his plan thus far which makes your statement inaccurate and, frankly at this point, utterly retarded.

  5. #265
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That's pretty much all Washington is.

    And yeah, called out might offend your tender sensibilities but that's exactly what he did. He brought a storm of attention to it...the wrong way, granted, but still...that's what he did.
    i don't know why you people think i have tender sensibilities. it might be fun to watch obama wipe the playground with wilson's face.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #266
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    it might be fun to watch obama wipe the playground with wilson's face.
    That's tough to do from behind a teleprompter ...

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    The only part of your argument was that he gave the speech on Wednesday. The rest of your argument fails as he was talking about something that has not occurred yet.
    Blatant falsehood.

    He was talking about "THE THING", and you know it.

    "THE THING" was existant, and did not contain an enforcement mechanism, and Obama knew it.

  8. #268
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Blatant falsehood.

    He was talking about "THE THING", and you know it.

    "THE THING" was existant, and did not contain an enforcement mechanism, and Obama knew it.
    Nothing blatantly false about it. The only part of your argument that applies was that he gave a speech on wednesday. SAVE is not enforcement but verification. Its measures are stringent and cause 18,000 eligible people in one state to lose medicaid coverage because of an error in SAVE. Out of the money spent they found 8 illegal immigrants who abused the system and got medicaid. 18,000>8 so its not cost effective. Again an "enforcement mechanism" has nothing to do with his statement of people claiming illegal immigrants would be insured by their reform efforts which haven't even taken place yet. In order for his statement about them not getting coverage to be false, illegal immigrants would have to get coverage after their health care reform efforts passed. So again your argument lacks merit.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Nothing blatantly false about it. The only part of your argument that applies was that he gave a speech on wednesday.
    Too bad for you its the only part that matters.

    Obama lied, on Wednesday, about what was or was not in "THE THING", on Wednesday.

    Your time machione doesn't work any better than the one the dems used to back down. They couldn't go back to Wednesday and put the enforcement mechanism in there when they got called out on it, so on Friday they announced they were backing down and putting it in.

    If the enforcement mechanism had been in there on Wednesday, they would not have needed to back down and put it in on Friday.

  10. #270
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Too bad for you its the only part that matters.

    Obama lied, on Wednesday, about what was or was not in "THE THING", on Wednesday.

    Your time machione doesn't work any better than the one the dems used to back down. They couldn't go back to Wednesday and put the enforcement mechanism in there when they got called out on it, so on Friday they announced they were backing down and putting it in.

    If the enforcement mechanism had been in there on Wednesday, they would not have needed to back down and put it in on Friday.
    Yeah him giving a speech on Wednesday is the only part that matters. Nevermind that nothing in his statement was a lie. You're just going to keep claiming it was a lie just because.

    Obama didn't lie once again in order for it to be a lie the health reform would have to be passed and illegal immigrants would have to get coverage. You keep trying to dance around this but in the context of the statement anything you have said just doesn't meet the merit of the argument.

    You're also making a logical fallacy that correlation means causation. You might have an argument if the bill got out of committee and then they went back and ammended it but then you would still need illegal immigrants to get coverage under the reform for his statement to be a lie.

    You can claim the sky is green from now until next thursday it still won't change the fact that its blue. Again keep trying to argue something you've completely lost in. You're spinning around in circles
    Last edited by PogueMoran; 09-16-09 at 04:12 PM.

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •