Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 374

Thread: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

  1. #231
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    No mechanism for enforcement = no denial of care / benefits.

    If you claim denial, while you know there is no mechanism, you are lying.

    Don't bother trying to blame "THE THING" on me, it was your semantic antics that I defeated with my all inclusive term.
    That has nothing to do with his statement even SAVE doesn't enforce correctly. You're calling it a thing I called it a draft bill which is what it is. Incorrect once again illegals would have to be insured by the health reform for his statement to be false. Keep twisting around that fact all you want but a lie has to be proven. Which thus far you can't prove no matter how much you whine about it.

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Incorrect once again illegals would have to be insured by the health reform for his statement to be false.
    You are quite simply engaging in small, dodgy behavior, and I find it hilarious that you can't answer this simple question, so I am going to continue to chase you all over the yard with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Is there something magical about a "draft bill" that makes it so no one can lie about what it currently contains ?

  3. #233
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    You are quite simply engaging in small, dodgy behavior, and I find it hilarious that you can't answer this simple question, so I am going to continue to chase you all over the yard with it.
    No that's what you're doing. He stated "There are also those who claim that our reform efforts would insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false"

    So again how was this statement false if no illegal immigrants have been insured under the reform efforts?

    Your question lacks sense. The draft bill is always changing and until it is final nothing is set in stone. So his statement above would only apply after the final bill is passed. That's why you keep sounding ridiculous you're accusing him of lying about something that hasn't happened yet.

    Imagine sitting in with the founding fathers when the constitution was being drafted and you accusing them of lying when they tell you there will be no establishment of religion because you saw something in one of the drafts. Again until the final bill comes out of committee and until illegals somehow get insured your statement is false.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    No that's what you're doing.
    Still avoiding my question are you ?

    Here it is again to scare you some more . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Is there something magical about a "draft bill" that makes it so no one can lie about what it currently contains ?

  5. #235
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Still avoiding my question are you ?

    Here it is again to scare you some more . . .
    Not scared your question is frankly irrelevant because it has nothing to do with what he said.

    Here is the next line of what he said "The reforms -- the reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally."

    Again proposing, future tense not present or past. So your question has no relevance. Until the bill is finalized its only a draft and until illegal aliens are insured there is no lie. Keep trying to avoid that simple fact it makes you look ridiculous

  6. #236
    Advisor Don't Tase Me Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-22-09 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    446

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult - Yahoo! News



    Sometimes my party pisses me off. There is no reason to do this, no point to it, and is just a waste of time.
    The Congress is like a bunch of school yard children

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Not scared your question is frankly irrelevant because it has nothing to do with what he said.
    What is has to do with, is your flimsy attempts at semantics antics got you nowhere, because you can't answer my question. No matter what you call "THE THING" it is obviously possible to lie on Wednesday, about what is or is not in "THE THING", on Wednesday.

    Lets get back to that question that scares you so much :

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Is there something magical about a "draft bill" that makes it so no one can lie about what it currently contains ?

  8. #238
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    What is has to do with, is your flimsy attempts at semantics antics got you nowhere, because you can't answer my question. No matter what you call "THE THING" it is obviously possible to lie on Wednesday, about what is or is not in "THE THING", on Wednesday.

    Lets get back to that question that scares you so much :
    Which part of "There are also those who claim that our reform efforts would insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false"

    Is false?

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Which part of "There are also those who claim that our reform efforts would insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false"

    Is false?
    The man knew, that if someone asked him "How?" he had no answer.

    He made the claim, when he knew the bill had no enforcement mechanism.

  10. #240
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    The man knew, that if someone asked him "How?" he had no answer.

    He made the claim, when he knew the bill had no enforcement mechanism.
    Oh now you're guessing his motives. Can you be anymore ridiculous?

    Save is not an enforcement mechanism its verification. Which turns up lots of false positives where its currently applied.

    Section 246 states that noncitizens would not be elligible. Also its common to write a bill and then do verification procedures adapted to the bill after so there's time to adjust accordingly. Again what does your idea of enforcement have anything to do with this statement.

    "There are also those who claim that our reform efforts would insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false"

    Again until illegal immigrants are insured by the reform efforts this statement is not a lie.

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •