Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 374

Thread: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    I'm sorry but when in the past 6 days did illegals get health care coverage under this draft bill? Until that happens your statement that he lied rings pants on fire false
    On Wednesday, the president lied about the status of "THE THING" on Wednesday.

    Your question about illegals is an irrelevant red herring. If not for Joe Wilson, the Dems would have passed a bill that illegal aliens would have been able to skeeze onto and use. That outcome was prevented, by Joe Wilson.

  2. #222
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    And you just keep making up new terms for "THE THING" and wishing you could invent a time machine.

    The administartion backed down and agreed to put the immigration status checking / SAVE provisions into the bill because Joe Wilson called him out on his false statements.

    His false statements amounted to making a claim about the legislation that he knew the legislation had no enforcement mechanism for.

    Can you dance to a beat that fast ?
    I'm not making up new terms you keep spinning aruond in circles. Again what proof do you have it would have never been in the final bill? Besides SAVE has been proven not to be cost effective. The GAO did a report on the strict adherance to SAVE and that states had their numbers on medicaid go down and people who were actually elligible were cut out by false positives. One state lost 18,000 people. The state of Colorado has some of the strictist rules and they spend 2 million and have found no illegals cheating the system. So you're spending more money to hurt people who are elligible in the hope you'll stop a virtually non-existent problem. Also you're assuming correlation means causation a pretty standard ad hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacy.

    So again until Illegal Aliens got insured under the health care reform the president was not lying. You keep trying to dance around that but the fact remains his statement was not false.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    I'm not making up new terms.
    Oh bull. Anyone that wants to review the thread can see you trying your semantics games with "bill" then "proposal" then your next evasive term.

    I took that line of obfuscation away from you with "THE THING"

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Again what proof do you have it would have never been in the final bill?
    It makes no difference. The man lied on Wednesday, about what was in "THE THING" on Wednesday. Your question is irrelevant to that fact.

  4. #224
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Oh bull. Anyone that wants to review the thread can see you trying your semantics games with "bill" then "proposal" then your next evasive term.
    Yeah because calling the draft bill what it is is clearly playing "semantics" games. Again until it comes out of committee it is nothing more than a draft. This seems to be lost on you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    I took that line of obfuscation away from you with "THE THING"
    Do they all dance like you in the shire? Again he was talking about the health care measures that they are proposing that somehow they would insure illegals is false. That's a true statement he was talking about future tense. Again you seem not to understand that for something to be a lie it has to be actually proven to be a lie, no amount of whining and bellyaching from you can change the dictionary definition of a lie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    It makes no difference. The man lied on Wednesday, about what was in "THE THING" on Wednesday. Your question is irrelevant to that fact.
    Translation:
    "It makes no difference that what I claim would stop illegals won't do jack **** I'm just going to whine and cry about how I think the president lied when he didn't, facts be damned"

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Yeah because calling the draft bill
    Is there something magical about a "draft bill" that makes it so no one can lie about what it currently contains ? Ah there isn't ? OK then.

  6. #226
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Is there something magical about a "draft bill" that makes it so no one can lie about what it currently contains ? Ah there isn't ? OK then.
    What part of health care measures we are taking do you not understand? Until the final bill comes out of committee you are merely speculating. Again his statement was that people are saying illegal aliens would be insured which he said was a lie. So again until illegal aliens are insured how exactly would he be lying?

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    What part of health care measures we are taking do you not understand? Until the final bill comes out of committee you are merely speculating. Again his statement was that people are saying illegal aliens would be insured which he said was a lie. So again until illegal aliens are insured how exactly would he be lying?
    This is covered in the part you quoted. Did you quote it but not read it ?

    Do you think he can't lie about the current status of "THE THING" ?

    The fact that "THE THING" is not passed yet, makes NO DIFFERENCE to whether one can lie on Wednesday about what is and isn't in "THE THING" on Wednesday.

  8. #228
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    This is covered in the part you quoted. Did you quote it but not read it ?

    Do you think he can't lie about the current status of "THE THING" ?

    The fact that "THE THING" is not passed yet, makes NO DIFFERENCE to whether one can lie on Wednesday about what is and isn't in "THE THING" on Wednesday.
    Here we go again are you doing the Can can now? Which part of his statement was false? I've posted his statement multiple times which part of it was false and how was it false? You keep dancing around it. You sound like you're one of the goodfellas with all your talk about the thing

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Which part of his statement was false?
    No mechanism for enforcement = no denial of care / benefits.

    If you claim denial, while you know there is no mechanism, you are lying.

    Don't bother trying to blame "THE THING" on me, it was your semantic antics that I defeated with my all inclusive term.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    You keep dancing around it.
    YOU are the one who keeps dancing, because you have avoided this question twice running.

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Is there something magical about a "draft bill" that makes it so no one can lie about what it currently contains ?

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •