Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 374

Thread: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

  1. #131
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    The bill had a current status at the time he spoke of it.

    At that time, no SAVE provisions.

    So if you make the claim the bill will deny care / benefits to illegals, at that time, you are lying, as you know there is no enforcement mechanism.

    Getting caught in his lie is the only reason the provisions were put back in, and anyone with sense knows it.
    Current status? Ha. Move that goalpost. Again until it came out of committee it was a draft so there's no saying what would have been put in or taken out. He didn't make a claim that nothing in the draft will he said in the bill. So again he's making a comment on what would be the finalized bill.

    Again you avoid the question how exactly would save stop illegals from getting coverage?

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Current status? Ha. Move that goalpost.
    I am not moving anything.

    The bill he was talking about, when he was talking about it, had had the SAVE provisions voted off.

    The fact that he got caught in his lie is the only reason the administration caved and added the provisions.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Again you avoid the question how exactly would save stop illegals from getting coverage?
    I'm not avoiding anything, and if you want to educate yourself on the SAVE program, I'll help get ya started . . .

    USCIS - SAVE

  4. #134
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    I am not moving anything.

    The bill he was talking about, when he was talking about it, had had the SAVE provisions voted off.

    The fact that he got caught in his lie is the only reason the administration caved and added the provisions.
    There is no bill we have a draft of a bill. Until it comes out of committee we have no bill. He stated that illegal immigrants will not be covered. Future tense. So again your argument is moot as there's nothing to say SAVE wouldn't have been in the finalized bill

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    There is no bill we have a draft of a bill.
    Who is moving the goal posts now ?

    I don't care what you want to rename it.

    The FACT is , the SAVE provisions had been voted off of, THE THING, Obama was making claims about, at the time he made the claims.

  6. #136
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    I'm not avoiding anything, and if you want to educate yourself on the SAVE program, I'll help get ya started . . .

    USCIS - SAVE
    I wanted your thoughts. So again how does SAVE countermand federal law that states that all who enter the emergency room must be treated. Which the argument you were making as to how when a bill says it doesn't cover something that somehow it does.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    I wanted your thoughts. So again how does SAVE countermand federal law that states that all who enter the emergency room must be treated.
    Will you pay me to proctor your lesson ?

    SAVE monitors who will recieve benefits form federal entitlement programs.

    The law mandating ER care regardless of citizenship, is not a federal entitlement program.

  8. #138
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult - Yahoo! News



    Sometimes my party pisses me off. There is no reason to do this, no point to it, and is just a waste of time.
    there's reason, but no point and yes, it's a waste of time.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #139
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult - Yahoo! News



    Sometimes my party pisses me off. There is no reason to do this, no point to it, and is just a waste of time.
    Better to waste time with this than pass intrusive laws. But whatever, it was not proper conduct for the Congress and they can do as they see fit. Though in the world of improper conduct by politicians this one may seem rather tame.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #140
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Who is moving the goal posts now ?

    I don't care what you want to rename it.

    The FACT is , the SAVE provisions had been voted off of, THE THING, Obama was making claims about, at the time he made the claims.
    You are. I'm stating the facts here about what's realistic. Voted off? The bill hasn't even been voted out of committee much less voted on. I assume you have the names of the yay and nay votes for the save provision that was "voted off". Obama said that the bill will not. Again future tense. You wanted to play word semantics so using your logic he wasn't talking about the draft

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •