Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 149

Thread: Rep. Wilson Outburst Leads Senate Dems to Close Loophole in Health Reform Bill

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/10/rep-wilson-outburst-leads-senate-dems-

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why don't you fill us in on how Bush had enough information to know the where when and how of 9/11. Thanks in advance.
    The report says they were recruiting people in New York.

  2. #102
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Rep. Wilson Outburst Leads Senate Dems to Close Loophole in Health Reform Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post



    Sure looks like from that PDB that they knew of hijackings in the new york area and suspicious activity centered around hijackings
    i don't see anything on there about September 11 being the date of the attack, no flight numbers, no target package. No where near enough information to prevent an attack. Unless, of course you would have had the FBI shake down Arab/Muslim looking males between the ages of 18 and 35. Or, raound up and deport all of them that didn't have legal US citizenship.

    So, you are a trufer?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Rep. Wilson Outburst Leads Senate Dems to Close Loophole in Health Reform Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightarrow View Post
    Ok everybody. President Obama did the wrong thing by calling a joint session of Congress to sell his health care plan. Those sessions are meant to be reserved for really important occasions like times of war. Joe Wilson broke protocol, was rightly disciplined, and correctly apologized, although half-hearted. Obama has got a huge ego and rarely apologizes for his own actions (has he ever?). President Obama is more likely clueless to the bills than intentionally lying about them (what President has enough time to read each of those grotesquely large bills). Democrats rightly corrected their "mistakes" as they have past ones. All of us are rightly critical of all politicians , though they deserve our respect, the President chief among them.
    Your right, healthcare isn't important enough to call a joint session, it's not like lives are on the line.

  4. #104
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Rep. Wilson Outburst Leads Senate Dems to Close Loophole in Health Reform Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    i don't see anything on there about September 11 being the date of the attack, no flight numbers, no target package. No where near enough information to prevent an attack. Unless, of course you would have had the FBI shake down Arab/Muslim looking males between the ages of 18 and 35. Or, raound up and deport all of them that didn't have legal US citizenship.

    So, you are a trufer?!?
    That wasn't the point. You stated they weren't warned. That is proven to be a lie. Truthers believe that Bush planned 9/11. I stated clearly that Bush was warned which he was and failed to stop it... Umm no the FBI knew about the muslims going to flight school and not learning to land. This was all in the 9/11 report. They didn't have to round up every male between 18 to 35

  5. #105
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Rep. Wilson Outburst Leads Senate Dems to Close Loophole in Health Reform Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    That wasn't the point. You stated they weren't warned. That is proven to be a lie. Truthers believe that Bush planned 9/11. I stated clearly that Bush was warned which he was and failed to stop it... Umm no the FBI knew about the muslims going to flight school and not learning to land. This was all in the 9/11 report. They didn't have to round up every male between 18 to 35
    That's like being warned that an astoroid is going to impact Earth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #106
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Rep. Wilson Outburst Leads Senate Dems to Close Loophole in Health Reform Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's like being warned that an astoroid is going to impact Earth...
    Yeah because important buildings in New York is the same thing as saying an entire planet. You said he wasn't warned when he was

  7. #107
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    OC, CA
    Last Seen
    10-08-11 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    238

    Re: Rep. Wilson Outburst Leads Senate Dems to Close Loophole in Health Reform Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Your right, healthcare isn't important enough to call a joint session, it's not like lives are on the line.
    Lives so important that it is not going to go into effect until 2013?

  8. #108
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    OC, CA
    Last Seen
    10-08-11 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    238

    Re: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/10/rep-wilson-outburst-leads-senate-dems-

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    The report says they were recruiting people in New York.
    Perhaps they would have been better informed to take action if President Clinton hadn't made so many cuts to defense spending and the CIA.

  9. #109
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/10/rep-wilson-outburst-leads-senate-dems-

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightarrow View Post
    Perhaps they would have been better informed to take action if President Clinton hadn't made so many cuts to defense spending and the CIA.
    And maybe if Clinton didn't follow through with some of Bush Sr's cuts because of the cold war winding down. But then again people saw those cuts as streamlining. Counter terrorism funding actually increased under Clinton. Maybe Junior shouldn't have called off the squads tracking Bin Laden, scrapped the counterterrorism report and didn't focus on missile defense when warned about al-qaida. But all in all I think Bush would have been better informed if he bothered to read the plan the Clinton administration handed them

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Rep. Wilson Outburst Leads Senate Dems to Close Loophole in Health Reform Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightarrow View Post
    Lives so important that it is not going to go into effect until 2013?
    So are you saying Healthcare isn't important?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •