Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 738

Thread: Presidential Address

  1. #601
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Presidential Address

    As far as illegals go it's an employer related issue. If you have zero opportunity in your home country then it makes absolute sense to go where you do have opportunity. I don't blame them for coming here. The issue will only ever be resolved by either taking away the opportunity here or creating more opportunity south of the border. Hating on them is rather pointless. Tracking them down would be futile. You have to hit the source of the problem and the source of the problem is that folks who can't make money south of the border can and easily do make money here. Cracking down on employers would seem the most feasible rational thing to do. Demonizing illegals is like demonizing a starving person who steals bread. I just don't have the heart for it.

  2. #602
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    not applicable, this is a forieign invasion. these are non citizens.
    Once they get in our country they are just criminals requiring law enforcement.

  3. #603
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I believe that is for federal troops.
    That's right, it doesn't apply to state troops, nor are illegal aliens American citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #604
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    You are wrong. prohibition failed & the war on drugs is a failure to.
    Old political axiom:

    "You can't legislate morality."

    some things will always be unenforceable.
    You can't compare prohibition and the war on drugs to illegal immigration as they aren't even remotely similar. And the whole illegal immigrant issue has nothing to do with morality. It has to do with the fact that there are legal ways to get into the country and people instead choose to come here illegally and get the same benefits as people who actually worked hard to become citizens. Are you okay with that?

  5. #605
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Once they get in our country they are just criminals requiring law enforcement.


    can you show me in case law where this is so?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #606
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    As far as illegals go it's an employer related issue. If you have zero opportunity in your home country then it makes absolute sense to go where you do have opportunity. I don't blame them for coming here. The issue will only ever be resolved by either taking away the opportunity here or creating more opportunity south of the border. Hating on them is rather pointless. Tracking them down would be futile. You have to hit the source of the problem and the source of the problem is that folks who can't make money south of the border can and easily do make money here. Cracking down on employers would seem the most feasible rational thing to do. Demonizing illegals is like demonizing a starving person who steals bread. I just don't have the heart for it.
    Employers that hire illegals is half the problem, IMO. There should be a major crackdown on illegal hiring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #607
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    You can't compare prohibition and the war on drugs to illegal immigration....
    Yes I can....& in fact just did!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    And the whole illegal immigrant issue has nothing to do with morality.
    Must be so nice to see the world & B&W & in such simple terms.
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-10-09 at 05:41 PM.

  8. #608
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Must be so nice to see the world & B&W & in such simple terms.
    You should try it sometime.... beats rose colored glasses.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  9. #609
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    As far as illegals go it's an employer related issue. If you have zero opportunity in your home country then it makes absolute sense to go where you do have opportunity. I don't blame them for coming here. The issue will only ever be resolved by either taking away the opportunity here or creating more opportunity south of the border. Hating on them is rather pointless. Tracking them down would be futile. You have to hit the source of the problem and the source of the problem is that folks who can't make money south of the border can and easily do make money here. Cracking down on employers would seem the most feasible rational thing to do. Demonizing illegals is like demonizing a starving person who steals bread. I just don't have the heart for it.
    I'm not demonizing anyone. And I'm also not speaking about Mexican illegals exclusively.

    But the fact is, unlawful entry into this country is invasion of our soil and an offense to the sovereignty of our great nation. If we allow individual invaders to run roughshod over our laws, how do we expect to present ourselves as powerful enough to stop large invading forces should we need to do so?

    And you are correct about one aspect: those who aid the invasion of our country by giving employment and comfort to the invaders are a serious issue. For their role, they should be subject to the same military tribunals as the invaders themselves.

  10. #610
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    can you show me in case law where this is so?
    When was the last time we sent the Marine Corps into L.A. to round up illegals?
    (been at least a few months....if memory serves)

Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •