Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 738

Thread: Presidential Address

  1. #511
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That's not true in sanctuary cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles. They move about freely here with no worry about deportation.
    That may be, but I still don't think it will be that significant. Again, this is just my opinion. I'm sure if it becomes too much of a problem they will put in a filter. Granted, like many on the right here I think it should have been in there in the first place. However, I really don't think it needs to be. I could very well be wrong. To be honest, I'm far more concerned with other things about the bill than whether or not illegals will benefit from it.
    Last edited by Dr_Patrick; 09-10-09 at 04:46 PM.

  2. #512
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I don't know about you, but I prefer discussing the bill under consideration so I can let my representative know how I feel about it.

    You can feel free to wait until its passed before letting your representatives know your thoughts.
    Again, discussing the bill and making assumptions are not the same thing.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #513
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    01-02-18 @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,689

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That's not true in sanctuary cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles. They move about freely here with no worry about deportation.
    They're not getting deported almost anywhere now, and if they do they just turn around and come right back across.

    Most police and other emergency people aren't even allowed to report them as illegals.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  4. #514
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    01-02-18 @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,689

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Again, discussing the bill and making assumptions are not the same thing.
    That's why I'm not making any assumptions about it. Only discussing what is and what is not in the bill.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #515
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    77,922

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    What I'm saying is that we don't know what they will do in the future to prevent this type of activity if it is indeed significant.
    One thing we do know, is that there's nothing in place to prevent it.







    So you really think that all 20 million illegals are going to actually try and soak up this medical care? Illegals try to stay under the radar as much as possible. You may be worried, but I'm not.

    Where are all those illegals getting health care from, now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #516
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Presidential Address

    Just wanted to point this out, because Apdst's "debate" tactics amuse me:


    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're assuming that the bill will prevent illegal aliens from getting free health care under Obamacare.
    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Really? Show me where I made that assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Show me what part of the bill that filters illegal aliens out of the process.
    Well done, sir. You are better than Truth Detector at deflections.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #517
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    77,922

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    What a surprise, you cannot do it.
    You're assuming that the bill has provisions that will insure that illegals won't be soaking up millions of dollars worth of free, or subsidized health care. It doesn't. If it does, then you need to post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #518
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    One thing we do know, is that there's nothing in place to prevent it.
    Nor is there now. So what is the big deal?

    Where are all those illegals getting health care from, now?
    Well, obviously they are getting it with us. However, now there are no filters either.

  9. #519
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're assuming that the bill has provisions that will insure that illegals won't be soaking up millions of dollars worth of free, or subsidized health care. It doesn't. If it does, then you need to post it.
    "Please prove a negative because I can't prove they actually will do that"
    Last edited by PogueMoran; 09-10-09 at 04:49 PM.

  10. #520
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're assuming that the bill has provisions that will insure that illegals won't be soaking up millions of dollars worth of free, or subsidized health care. It doesn't. If it does, then you need to post it.
    Again, show me where I have posted this.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •