Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 738

Thread: Presidential Address

  1. #501
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're assuming that the bill will prevent illegal aliens from getting free health care under Obamacare.
    Really? Show me where I made that assumption.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #502
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    What are you having a hard time grasping? Making assumptions and jumping to conclusions before we even have the final bill is asinine.
    Why do you have a hard time grasping that the bill under discussion here is the bill under discussion to become the law of the land.

    HR3200 is the bill being considered in Congress right NOW !!

    If Obama and Pelosi had their way, it would have slipped through the House weeks ago without any more discussion.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #503
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's happening now. What mechanics of this bill is going to stop that?
    What I'm saying is that we don't know what they will do in the future to prevent this type of activity if it is indeed significant.

    Don't you think it would be a good idea to figure all that out, then pass it? Call me crazy, but I think we should.
    I don't think that the numbers will be significant enough to warrant that.

    But, the fact is, they haven't put controls in place to keep illegals from receiving health care under this bill, probably at the tax payers's expense.
    They haven't specifically spelled it out in this bill and who knows what will happen. As for the rest, it's merely your opinion.

    There are 20 million illegals in this country. How can the numbers be insignificant and small?
    So you really think that all 20 million illegals are going to actually try and soak up this medical care? Illegals try to stay under the radar as much as possible. You may be worried, but I'm not.

  4. #504
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Why do you have a hard time grasping that the bill under discussion here is the bill under discussion to become the law of the land.

    HR3200 is the bill being considered in Congress right NOW !!

    If Obama and Pelosi had their way, it would have slipped through the House weeks ago without any more discussion.
    Yet it is still in the House, having the kinks worked out. That means things may change. Are you still following?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #505
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Really? Show me where I made that assumption.
    Show me what part of the bill that filters illegal aliens out of the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #506
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    If you consider 10 million illegals "a few", then we don't have much more to discuss.
    So you think that 10 million illegals are going to try and soak up this health care? Like I just said, illegals try to stay under the radar as much as possible so that they don't get caught and deported.

  7. #507
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Show me what part of the bill that filters illegal aliens out of the process.
    What a surprise, you cannot do it.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #508
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Show me what part of the bill that filters illegal aliens out of the process.
    Show proof that 10 million illegals soak up the health care system now.

  9. #509
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    So you think that 10 million illegals are going to try and soak up this health care? Like I just said, illegals try to stay under the radar as much as possible so that they don't get caught and deported.
    That's not true in sanctuary cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles. They move about freely here with no worry about deportation.

  10. #510
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Yet it is still in the House, having the kinks worked out. That means things may change. Are you still following?
    I don't know about you, but I prefer discussing the bill under consideration so I can let my representative know how I feel about it.

    You can feel free to wait until its passed before letting your representatives know your thoughts.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •