Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 738

Thread: Presidential Address

  1. #151
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Unlike you Sir I beleive in the US Constitution and the President can;t go and make the comment he just made they are clear violation of the Constitution by saying if you try to use your 1st Adm we will go after you is Treason.

    As for the Birth Cert, well you know allot could have been made to go away if he just tells HW. to release the Long Form he does have that power. Sort of like when Mr. W. Bush Military records ere released that story went away also.
    Unlike you sir, I actually understand the Constitution, and specifically the Bill of Rights. You're wrong, because Pres. Obama did not violate any anti-riot laws, and he had no inclination to incite such riot, or violent action.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  2. #152
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,483

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    You don't honestly believe that do you?
    Response

    "It's clear the American people want health care reform, but they want their elected leaders to get it right. Most Americans wanted to hear the President tell Speaker Pelosi, Majority Leader Reid and the rest of Congress that it's time to start over on a common-sense, bipartisan plan focused on lowering the cost of health care while improving quality. That's what I heard over the past several months in talking to thousands of my constituents.


    Replacing your family's current health care with government-run health care is not the answer. In fact, it'll make health care much more expensive. That's not just my personal diagnosis as a doctor or a Republican; it's the conclusion of the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office the neutral scorekeeper that determines the cost of major bills"


    That was flat out what they said. You believed dear leaders goals speech that costs nothing right?
    Thank you

  3. #153
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Unlike you Sir I beleive in the US Constitution and the President can;t go and make the comment he just made they are clear violation of the Constitution by saying if you try to use your 1st Adm we will go after you is Treason.

    As for the Birth Cert, well you know allot could have been made to go away if he just tells HW. to release the Long Form he does have that power. Sort of like when Mr. W. Bush Military records ere released that story went away also.
    You believe in a constitution that you don't seem to know. Wow you just showed us your true colors just another birther. No people stopped asking questions when Dan Rather couldn't authenticate the documents he had. Nowhere did Bush release all his records and even his own campaign admitted records were missing and there's still that missing year. Not even close to claiming the President wasn't born in this country even though he already showed a prima facie birth certificate. False equivalency on your part.

    Your screamers at the town hall would be guilty of high treason under your lack of logic. What he said was not a violation of the first nowhere did he take away free speech. He said he would call them out just like you're being called out for your idiocy.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Unlike you sir, I actually understand the Constitution, and specifically the Bill of Rights. You're wrong, because Pres. Obama did not violate any anti-riot laws, and he had no inclination to incite such riot, or violent action.
    Yes he did when he stated that he will go after anyone who speaks out against the Health Care Bill.

  5. #155
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 05:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    351

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    A desire for actual common sense reform and not another government takeover is bad behavior?
    Oh, my bad. Where I come from. Talking out your ass and screaming crazy **** is considered bad behavior.

    Every complaint Republicans had about the treatment of GW. Could easily be used against their treatment of Obama. From a policy standpoint. Not much has changed since Bush left. Though by the way Republicans and Democrats have switched tactics. You would think we were talking about two completely different nations.

  6. #156
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Yes he did when he stated that he will go after anyone who speaks out against the Health Care Bill.
    No he didn't. Just another one of your misinterpretations of the constitution this goes up there with your misunderstanding of the roles of the house and senate. He did not say he will go after them he said he'll call out their stupidity much like you're being called out for yours

  7. #157
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    Response

    "It's clear the American people want health care reform, but they want their elected leaders to get it right. Most Americans wanted to hear the President tell Speaker Pelosi, Majority Leader Reid and the rest of Congress that it's time to start over on a common-sense, bipartisan plan focused on lowering the cost of health care while improving quality. That's what I heard over the past several months in talking to thousands of my constituents.


    Replacing your family's current health care with government-run health care is not the answer. In fact, it'll make health care much more expensive. That's not just my personal diagnosis as a doctor or a Republican; it's the conclusion of the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office the neutral scorekeeper that determines the cost of major bills"


    That was flat out what they said. You believed dear leaders goals speech that costs nothing right?
    You're quoting a Republican Congressmen, based on what he says he got from the Congressional Budget Office. You of course have no proof he actually recieved anything, and you have nothing but his word, against our President's word....I wonder which one trumps which?
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  8. #158
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Yes he did when he stated that he will go after anyone who speaks out against the Health Care Bill.
    He will call out anyone who lies about it.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  9. #159
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 05:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    351

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    Response

    "It's clear the American people want health care reform, but they want their elected leaders to get it right. Most Americans wanted to hear the President tell Speaker Pelosi, Majority Leader Reid and the rest of Congress that it's time to start over on a common-sense, bipartisan plan focused on lowering the cost of health care while improving quality. That's what I heard over the past several months in talking to thousands of my constituents.


    Replacing your family's current health care with government-run health care is not the answer. In fact, it'll make health care much more expensive. That's not just my personal diagnosis as a doctor or a Republican; it's the conclusion of the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office the neutral scorekeeper that determines the cost of major bills"


    That was flat out what they said. You believed dear leaders goals speech that costs nothing right?

    I don't believe Obama can pull of his reform without significantly increasing our costs. However I also don't believe Republicans are interested in common sense nor bipartisanship.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Presidential Address

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    You believe in a constitution that you don't seem to know. Wow you just showed us your true colors just another birther. No people stopped asking questions when Dan Rather couldn't authenticate the documents he had. Nowhere did Bush release all his records and even his own campaign admitted records were missing and there's still that missing year. Not even close to claiming the President wasn't born in this country even though he already showed a prima facie birth certificate. False equivalency on your part.

    Your screamers at the town hall would be guilty of high treason under your lack of logic. What he said was not a violation of the first nowhere did he take away free speech. He said he would call them out just like you're being called out for your idiocy.
    Did I say I was a Birther nope I just pointed out a simple fact the quickest way to stop all of that nonsense is to have the Long Form released.

    Hmm really how many town Halls did you go to hun Junior I attend a few and not one of them had any screamers yes some did but 98% of them didn't have any screaming most of them had allot of tough question but then again you might not no the difference with your Obamaglass's on.

Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •