1. Those darn caucasians are at it again.
2. Obama is down 11 points amongst white DEMOCRATS since his 100-day mark in April, according to Pew.
3. He's down 9 amongst white independents.
4. He's lost 9 when racists over age 50 are sampled.
5. And minus a dozen amongst paleface women, nationally.
6. The president maintains his solid support with African Americans.
7. Wiser watchers will worry, however, whether black enthusiasm will maintain its wattage, key to voter turnout.
8. Pew first noted this decline in white support immediately following the prof vs po po soap opera, Gates and Officer Crowley, Cambridge, which absolutely RUINED the president's most recent primetime press conference which was supposed to be all about health care.
9. Charlie Rangel, our most corrupt Congressman, played the race card last week, saying opposition to Obamacare stems from "a bias, a prejudice, an emotional feeling..."
10. Rangel's wrong, it's not about race, it's about "the fundamental role of govt in our economy [from the article]."
11. These plummeting polls are supremely perilous for the party in power.
12. 2010 is looking to become the Year of the Angry White Senior.
13. Seniors are more crucial to electoral success than any subgroup, they vote in very high numbers, they have lots of money, they are very well informed.
14. Reasons for Obama's decline amongst voters not-of-color are many and obvious.
15. He proposes massive, half a trillion dollar cuts to Medicare and Medicaid.
16. His telling folks genuinely concerned about his horribly-conceived Obamacare to SHUT UP didn't help.
17. Nor did his attempt to get their neighbors to RAT THEM OUT for being fishy.
18. Van Jones hurt.
19. Unemployment is 9.7%
20. The White House recently announced that IT WAS WRONG, by a factor of TWO TRILLION DOLLARS, about the actual size of our debt.
21. Treasury Secty and Tax Cheat Geithner and chief economic adviser Summers went on MTP and FTN last month to suggest that taxes be raised on the middle class.
22. Cap and trade would massively increase taxes on energy, both production and consumption, in the middle of our depression.
23. The appointment of a special prosecutor to criminalize the heroic efforts of our agents in flipping hairy backed Khalid Sheikh Muhammad, mastermind of 9-11, is seen naturally as a crass politicization of national security.
24. The White House and its allies have attacked and denigrated honest Americans who've given up their precious, overtaxed time to attend townhalls patriotically, calling them mobs, nazis and door-to-door purveyors of astroturf.
25. And when it comes to health care, Obama's signature issue, it is becoming more and more undeniable that he simply doesn't know what the heck he's doing.
Obama is fast losing white voters' support -- latimes.com
After a summer of healthcare battles and sliding approval ratings for President Obama, the White House is facing a troubling new trend: The voters losing faith in the president are the ones he had worked hardest to attract.
New surveys show steep declines in Obama's approval ratings among whites -- including Democrats and independents -- who were crucial elements of the diverse coalition that helped elect the country's first black president.
Among white Democrats, Obama’s job approval rating has dropped 11 points since his 100-days mark in April, according to surveys by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press. It has dropped by 9 points among white independents and whites over 50, and by 12 points among white women -- all groups that will be targeted by both parties in next year's midterm elections.