Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 158

Thread: Obama adviser Van Jones resigns amid controversy

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama adviser Van Jones resigns amid controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    I've already gone through the list on another thread with Scorpion let me dig it up. First why don't you tell me which of the people on your list are unaccountable and who they are I'll point out to you the cabinet level positions confirmed by the senate
    All of the people on that list who were appointed by Obama as "Czars" are clearly unaccountable to the American people as there is no Senate oversight on their appointments.

    I look forward to seeing who on that list was an actual Cabinet member that was confirmed by the Senate.

  2. #92
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Obama adviser Van Jones resigns amid controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    His derogatory comment was a weak joke, and pretty mild. If we start forcing people to resign for calling the opposition "assholes" or making poor jokes about the opposition, we would have no one left in government.

    What this is about is some making a huge deal about his ideas as a younger man. I think most of those making this huge deal forget how much dumber we all where when we were young. I think this sends a bad message that a few loud people can force some one from office, and that only those with perfect lifelong backgrounds need apply for any job in government, which eliminates pretty much every one.
    There are many young members on this site, what's your point?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #93
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Obama adviser Van Jones resigns amid controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    All of the people on that list who were appointed by Obama as "Czars" are clearly unaccountable to the American people as there is no Senate oversight on their appointments.

    I look forward to seeing who on that list was an actual Cabinet member that was confirmed by the Senate.
    Well I need to know which list you're referring to does it have 32 names on it?

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama adviser Van Jones resigns amid controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Well I need to know which list you're referring to does it have 32 names on it?
    I presumed you were all talking/debating this one:

    Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - List of Obama's Czars

  5. #95
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Obama adviser Van Jones resigns amid controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I presumed you were all talking/debating this one:

    Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - List of Obama's Czars
    Did you read Beck's list thoroughly. So how many on that list were confirmed by the senate?

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama adviser Van Jones resigns amid controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Did you read Beck's list thoroughly. So how many on that list were confirmed by the senate?
    I am asking you; which ones on that list were actually confirmed by the Senate?

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Obama adviser Van Jones resigns amid controversy

    As usual, posters bring their ideology when it is not needed.

    The fact there exist thirty-something czars tells the objective observer these people have absolutely no power.

    Give your heads a good shake and wake me up one there is one czar controlling the land of the free and home of the brave.

    Until then, all this nuttery talk about this czar and that czar is just that - crazy opinions from ideological knuckleheads.
    Last edited by The_Limt; 09-08-09 at 05:42 PM.

  8. #98
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Obama adviser Van Jones resigns amid controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I am asking you; which ones on that list were actually confirmed by the Senate?
    Did you read the list on beck's site even he doesn't claim that all are not confirmed. Just to point this out to you:

    David Haynes
    Jeffrey Zeints
    Dennis Blair - Director of National Intelligence (that should stick out like a sore thumb)

    Cass Sustein is set to be confirmed
    John Holdren
    Earl Devaney
    Herb Allison
    Aneesh Chopra

    Go back to page 6 I spelled it out pretty clearly

  9. #99
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,434

    Re: Obama adviser Van Jones resigns amid controversy

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-m...post1058235514

    "You just knew there was going to be problems with these little advisers and czars all over the place with no vetting and no oversight. President thin resume does not need this type of embarassment right now. This guy will be scrutinized to death and all kinds of youtube crap will come out. My prediction is an eventual resignation or firing. "



    Thank you

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama adviser Van Jones resigns amid controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    As usual, posters bring their ideology when it is not needed.

    The fact there exist thirty-something czars tells the objective observer these people have absolutely no power.

    Give your heads a good shake and wake me up one there is one czar controlling the land of the free and home of the brave.

    Until then, all this nuttery talk about this czar and that czar is just that - crazy opinions from ideological knuckleheads.
    The FACT that you exhibit a complete lack of comprehension of what these people do and control smacks of irony when you make claims that others engage in “nuttery” talk and ideological knuckleheads.

    By all means, give your head a good shake and try to wake up from the vast pool of denial you apparently are wallowing in.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •