Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 161

Thread: Finger bitten off during California health protest

  1. #51
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,671

    Re: Finger bitten off during California health protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I'll bet anybody $10 the guy who got his finger bitten off doesn't have health insurance. Hahahahha.




    I think he's 65 so he's on the government plan.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #52
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Finger bitten off during California health protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I think he's 65 so he's on the government plan.
    I hope those death panels tell him to bleed to death for his insolence. Oh how sweet it would be. But seriously. Whomever did this. Savage.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #53
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Finger bitten off during California health protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I'll bet anybody $10 the guy who got his finger bitten off doesn't have health insurance. Hahahahha.

    Actually the article does make a point to say that he has medicare

  4. #54
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Finger bitten off during California health protest

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    Actually the article does make a point to say that he has medicare
    I think I might have just skipped that and read this....

    The victim retrieved the finger and went to a hospital. There was no immediate word Thursday on whether doctors reattached his finger, or whether the man had health insurance.
    In any case this is pretty indicative of how many people are emotional about this bill.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #55
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Finger bitten off during California health protest



    I should have took that bet first then replied.

  6. #56
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Finger bitten off during California health protest

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Keep deflecting, it's okay I'm used to it from your ilk.
    my ilk? lol. did it ever occur to you that most of those multiple shootings were for a reason, however deluded, in the shooter's mind? perhaps they chose the school because they attended the school and wanted to kill classmates......and didn't have any issues with those who attend gun shows, or army barracks.

    most of those shooters understand they are going to die, they're not SCARED to attack a police station, they just have no interest in it. seriously, this part of your argument makes no sense.

    seriously.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #57
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Finger bitten off during California health protest

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    my ilk? lol. did it ever occur to you that most of those multiple shootings were for a reason, however deluded, in the shooter's mind? perhaps they chose the school because they attended the school and wanted to kill classmates......and didn't have any issues with those who attend gun shows, or army barracks.

    most of those shooters understand they are going to die, they're not SCARED to attack a police station, they just have no interest in it. seriously, this part of your argument makes no sense.

    seriously.

    This is seriously all you have? I guess it's better than "wasn't this thread about a pinky?".


    So, given the recent rash of shootings / mass murders in gun free zones... why do you continue supporting the notion that gun free zones work as you believe they should?


    You know what the definition of insanity is, right?
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  8. #58
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Finger bitten off during California health protest

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    There is quite a bit of evidence suggesting that "Gun Free Zones" are a failure...

    You need look not further than Columbine, VT, Or the Government building that was just recently shot up... Or even the malls that have been shot up.
    You have provided evidence that shooting can occur at "gun free zones". How is that evidence that they would be safer with guns? How is that evidence that more innocent people have died at them than at the hands of right wing nuts? Please support your assertions.

    My simple question of why "active shooters" don't pick Police Stations, Army Barracks, or NRA conventions is a very logical question.. I cannot seem to remember when the last time someone decided to shoot up a police station or army barracks here... Can you?

    Why is that?
    Actually they do.

    CNN.com - Officer slain in*Virginia police station shooting - May 8, 2006
    5 dead as U.S. soldier in Iraq opens fire on fellow troops - Los Angeles Times

    Please provide me evidence where allowing faculty and staff who are properly trained to handle firearms cannot or have not made the school any safer?
    You are the one making the assertions therefore the burden of proof falls on you to prove that there is evidence that faculty and staff who are properly trained to handle firearms can make a school safer. I'm charging that you are making such an argument under your own personal assumption with no empiracle evidence to back it up.

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Finger bitten off during California health protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So it was all fun and games until someone lost a finger?
    Let's not (continue to be) cynical about this. There's nothing cavalier about it either. From the Right, the issue really is about government involvement/control. From the Left, it's about having access to adequate and affordable health care.

    Can we meet somewhere in the middle on this?

  10. #60
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,671

    Re: Finger bitten off during California health protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Let's not (continue to be) cynical about this. There's nothing cavalier about it either. From the Right, the issue really is about government involvement/control. From the Left, it's about having access to adequate and affordable health care.

    Can we meet somewhere in the middle on this?



    Sure, reform, tort reform, and no public option.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •