Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 147

Thread: Conservatives want serious health debate

  1. #81
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    That is utter nonsense. The publlic option ELIMINATES competition.

    How can private insurance possibly compete with an option that does not need to show profit to survive? When the government is in the red, they just print more money. What does a private business do when it's in the red? It must raise prices, reduce services, reduce work force, or go bankrupt.

    The government will price private insurance into oblivion and take over healthcare altogether. That is Obama and his comrades ultimate plan.
    disagree. how does ups and fedex compete with the postal service?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #82
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,283

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    disagree. how does ups and fedex compete with the postal service?



    So you want healthcare at the quality of the post office?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #83
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    That is utter nonsense. The publlic option ELIMINATES competition.

    How can private insurance possibly compete with an option that does not need to show profit to survive? When the government is in the red, they just print more money. What does a private business do when it's in the red? It must raise prices, reduce services, reduce work force, or go bankrupt.

    The government will price private insurance into oblivion and take over healthcare altogether. That is Obama and his comrades ultimate plan.

    The absurdity of this post and the absurdity of our current system is the idea of a "for-profit" health care system.

    There is something so obviously inherently wrong with a system that seeks profit from the health of Americans. How do you think they make a profit? Certainly not by treating the sick and injured.

    "For-profit" systems fly in the face of the hypocractic oath that Doctor's take.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #84
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So you want healthcare at the quality of the post office?
    We have the best postal system in the world. Certainly.

    Where in the world can you deposit a letter on almost any corner and have it delivered across the country in a couple of days for the price of less than a dollar?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #85
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,028

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So you want healthcare at the quality of the post office?
    And Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Medicaid, and Social Security?

  6. #86
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,028

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    We have the best postal system in the world. Certainly.

    Where in the world can you deposit a letter on almost any corner and have it delivered across the country in a couple of days for the price of less than a dollar?
    Are you talking about the one that is bankrupt?

    Everything the government has run is bankrupt. Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, cash for clunkers, Medicaid, Social Security, General Motors......and now you want to add the healthcare system to the government's fine track record of running businesses?

  7. #87
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,028

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The absurdity of this post and the absurdity of our current system is the idea of a "for-profit" health care system.

    There is something so obviously inherently wrong with a system that seeks profit from the health of Americans. How do you think they make a profit? Certainly not by treating the sick and injured.

    "For-profit" systems fly in the face of the hypocractic oath that Doctor's take.
    Yeah, let's take profit out of health care. Our doctors will be AMAZINGLY GOOD then.

    You are delusional. Fortunately, you're falling into a vast abyss of a minority. This bill is dead. Thank God.

  8. #88
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Yeah, let's take profit out of health care. Our doctors will be AMAZINGLY GOOD then.

    You are delusional. Fortunately, you're falling into a vast abyss of a minority. This bill is dead. Thank God.
    Thank you for once again distorting the facts. Just shows that the only way you people can debate is by trying to deceive and distort.

    Taking the billions of dollars that insurance companies make off of the health of the American public has absolutely ZERO to do with salaries paid to Doctors....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #89
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Are you talking about the one that is bankrupt?

    Everything the government has run is bankrupt. Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, cash for clunkers, Medicaid, Social Security, General Motors......and now you want to add the healthcare system to the government's fine track record of running businesses?

    Once again....more distortions and deceptions. Good luck trying to maintain it...sooner or later people get wise to these tactics.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #90
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So you want healthcare at the quality of the post office?
    This is not a fair assesment of her statement. I will explain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The government will price private insurance into oblivion and take over healthcare altogether. That is Obama and his comrades ultimate plan.
    Erod's reference was that of government being able to effectively lower the price of health care, and that the private sector cannot "control" costs vs. a government plan. A tragic contradiction in the face of market's ability to create efficiency with in a plethora of economic sectors.

    The major contributors (leaving out malpractice issues/liability) to rising health care costs are obesity, tobacco use, and emergency room care being used by those who cannot afford/choose not to purchase private health care. Legally, at least in California, employer's are not allowed to strengthen their risk pool by charging obese people, smokers, or god forbid obese smokers more for their contribution to the HMO pool. Because of the nature of risk pools, it forces increases in contribution from the entire lot. Therefore prices are on the rise.

    What the government option can provide is for people with pre-existing conditions, obesity issues, tobacco use, etc... to be moved off of private insurance pools, thereby reducing the aggregate liability. Of course, legislation would have to be enacted that would allow employers to cut off high risk employees from their lot, forcing them to either reduce their lifestyle choices to fit the mold, or become one with the government lot.

    Combine this with the elimination of the court systems subsidy of ambulance chasers/malpractice lawyers and true health care reform can persist.

    Medicare is needed for the same reasons. The elderly are just far to risky to insure in an affordable manner. What would be the point of saving for retirement if 75% of your entire health care costs are going to be utilized during your last year of life? My mother can be considered wealthy, but if her pre existing condition were to truly surface, she would be paying around $750,000 per year (according to her physician) and is forced to pay around $30,000/year for private insurance that only covers 70% of her total medical cost. Anecdotal i know, but it does explain the severity of the health care situation.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •