Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 147

Thread: Conservatives want serious health debate

  1. #61
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,406

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Most of my employees make over 100k. Sorry. They can afford their own insurance...



    How will them being paid less and forced onto a government health plan "help" them?

    FAIL
    Just to be the devils advocate. If they earn 100k a year, and live in the NYC area, that's really not that much. If they are raising a family on that income, and thus are incurring health insurance premiums on the individual market of somewhere between 500 dollars a month and 800 dollars a month. Even if they saw an increase in their income taxes to pay for a public plan, they may well come out ahead in terms of their disposable income.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  2. #62
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dallas-Ft.Worth
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    541

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nice try at a personal attack to redirect, but you failed, big time. I never said that I didn't have insurance and when I didn't have insurance, I paid my doctor bills. Wanna try again, sport?
    Lucky for us you didn't have a catastophic accident/illness when you didn't have insurance..

    Then you would have stiffed the Hospital.

    We're not talking about going to a Doc-n-the Box for the sniffles.....LOL

    How proud of yourself you must have been when you slapped that $40 down!
    Last edited by dragondad; 09-03-09 at 11:48 AM.

  3. #63
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,406

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by dragondad View Post
    Lucky for us you didn't have a catastophic accident/illness when you didn't have insurance..

    Then you would have stiffed the Hospital.

    We're not talking about going to aDoc-n-the Box for the sniffles.....LOL
    Not to mention that people that work out a "plan" with their hospital to pay medical bills are treating a hospital as though it was a line of credit.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  4. #64
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by dragondad View Post
    Lucky for us you didn't have a catastophic accident/illness when you didn't have insurance..

    Then you would have stiffed the Hospital.

    We're not talking about going to a Doc-n-the Box for the sniffles.....LOL

    How proud of yourself you must have been when you slapped that $40 down!
    It's becoming more and more obvious that you don't have a clue what the bill really says. All you can do is respond with smartass comments, acting like you know me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #65
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dallas-Ft.Worth
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    541

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Not to mention that people that work out a "plan" with their hospital to pay medical bills are treating a hospital as though it was a line of credit.
    Most "plans" can't keep up with the yearly interest on what they own.

    The plan is not to pay the amount back but just for the hospital to get something. Some small fraction back.

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Not to mention that people that work out a "plan" with their hospital to pay medical bills are treating a hospital as though it was a line of credit.
    And that's a bad thing, how?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #67
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,406

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And that's a bad thing, how?
    Its a bad thing because hospital is not a bank. A hospital does not have the benefit of huge numbers of depositors or investors floating credit lines for them. They don't make money on issuing people loans, that costs them money. To make up for it, they simply pass the costs on to others.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  8. #68
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,502

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by dragondad View Post
    I ignore stupid questions.

    It's not that I couldn't google it in 5 seconds but I'm not wasting time with you.



    your FAIL is duly noted. Thank you for your concession.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #69
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,502

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Just to be the devils advocate. If they earn 100k a year, and live in the NYC area, that's really not that much. If they are raising a family on that income, and thus are incurring health insurance premiums on the individual market of somewhere between 500 dollars a month and 800 dollars a month. Even if they saw an increase in their income taxes to pay for a public plan, they may well come out ahead in terms of their disposable income.



    psst, I said over....


    Anyway, I pay over the going rate so they can afford whatever they choose really, and it will not be a net gain for them to downgrade to an obama plan....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Conservatives want serious health debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    psst, I said over....


    Anyway, I pay over the going rate so they can afford whatever they choose really, and it will not be a net gain for them to downgrade to an obama plan....
    I want a Ferrari can I have a job paying 1.6 mill?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •