Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: Sentenced to death on the NHS

  1. #51
    Student Joe Castro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Last Seen
    06-15-10 @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    196

    Re: Sentenced to death on the NHS

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    I can counter your argument and say the American military has saved many lives and has also been the cause of liberation in many opressive parts of the world.
    Where? What good have they done since WW2?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    I think for as long as every nation has interests that are counter to others, there will be conflict.
    I agree. That is why the US has to stop having an interest in dominating other people.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Would that make the world a safer place, or a world with a weakened America?
    The first option. Having a good repuation in the world can only strengthen a country.


    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Thats a bit extreme and ignorant to the reality of whats happened. And lets not use Cuba as an example, of all countries...seriously.
    Cuba supplies more doctors and nurses to the third world than any other country. To say otherwise is what is really ignorant.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    I could say the same for Americans. They dont want to attack a state which cares for them...9/11 just shows Americans how much Afghanistan and the ME really cared.

    Does it? Tell me, how many Afghan's where on those planes on 9/11? The problems with the ME didn't just start on 9/11, they started decades ago when the US replaced the British as the exploiter of the region. Time did not begin on 9/11 and those planes did not come out of a clear blue sky. I am surprised to find such apologist attitudes in a person of Turkish descent.
    "His (Che Guevara) life is the story of our era's most perfect man" - Jean Paul Sartre

    FTQ

  2. #52
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Sentenced to death on the NHS

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Castro View Post
    Where? What good have they done since WW2?
    Kosovo, Afghanistan, bottling the USSR's expansion of influence (something tells me you wont agree with that point), North Korea (hopefully soon too), World War II is pretty important so i dont see why i should be made to miss that out despite you saying so, and lets face it, if it wasnt for the US backing of Israel, the Arabs would have wiped that country off the face of the Earh.



    I agree. That is why the US has to stop having an interest in dominating other people.
    In what sense? Regardless, i myself am not a huge supporter of interventionalism unless absolutely neccessary. North Korea seems pretty desperate though.

    The first option. Having a good repuation in the world can only strengthen a country.
    America doesnt have the best reputation, but its the strongest country there is.




    Cuba supplies more doctors and nurses to the third world than any other country. To say otherwise is what is really ignorant.
    To miss out the fact that the economy is shattered and to use one economic success, a nationalized health care system, is also pretty conviently ignorant too.


    Does it? Tell me, how many Afghan's where on those planes on 9/11? The problems with the ME didn't just start on 9/11, they started decades ago when the US replaced the British as the exploiter of the region.
    Rubbish. Saudi's thrive off American dollars. Saddam Hussein was an evil dictator who massed killed Kurds and buried countless people alive, and Afghanistan is a breading grounds for attacks on American soil. Im glad SOMEONE intervined. And if those reasons arent already justifiable enough to you, im sorry. But to say the Americans exploit the ME for absolutely no reason is bullcrap.

    I am surprised to find such apologist attitudes in a person of Turkish descent.
    Irrelevant. What the hell does this even mean?
    Last edited by kaya'08; 09-06-09 at 04:19 PM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Sentenced to death on the NHS

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Kosovo, Afghanistan, bottling the USSR's expansion of influence (something tells me you wont agree with that point), North Korea (hopefully soon too), World War II is pretty important so i dont see why i should be made to miss that out despite you saying so, and lets face it, if it wasnt for the US backing of Israel, the Arabs would have wiped that country off the face of the Earh.
    You can even give examples of the humanitarian aid that the US military provided following typhoons and other natural disasters around the world, and even in muslim countries, that still hate us.
    Last edited by buck; 09-06-09 at 04:32 PM.

  4. #54
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: Sentenced to death on the NHS

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    You can even give examples of the humanitarian aid that the US military provided following typhoons and other natural disasters around the world, and even in muslim countries, that still hate us.
    Well, it's true . . . the US Navy is usually the first to show up and help.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #55
    Student Joe Castro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Last Seen
    06-15-10 @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    196

    Re: Sentenced to death on the NHS

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Kosovo, Afghanistan, bottling the USSR's expansion of influence (something tells me you wont agree with that point), North Korea (hopefully soon too), World War II is pretty important so i dont see why i should be made to miss that out despite you saying so, and lets face it, if it wasnt for the US backing of Israel, the Arabs would have wiped that country off the face of the Earh.
    The US did good in Kosovo? It broke up a country with its campaign of murder. As for Afghanistan, they created the problem. It was they who allowed the rise of the barbaric Taliban. Afghanistan has moved 100 years back thanks to the US. Now the Afghan women and children can only dream of the rights they had when the Soviet Union was around.

    Your bringing up Israel is the ultimate insult though. Their despicable imperialism is the original sin from which all other hatred flows.


    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    In what sense? Regardless, i myself am not a huge supporter of interventionist unless absolutely neccessary. North Korea seems pretty desperate though.
    What have the North Korean people ever done to deserve the same fate as the Iraqi people? Who have they ever hurt?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    America doesnt have the best reputation, but its the strongest country there is.
    It has the strongest military, that is all. Soon it ill crumble and if the PRC wanted America to be destroyed they could do it tomorrow.


    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    To miss out the fact that the economy is shattered and to use one economic success, a nationalized health care system, is also pretty conviently ignorant too.
    I'm not arguing Cuba is a rich country, because it is a poor country is precisely why it is such a good example, they save the life of foreign people, yet they themselves are poor. Yet the rich country does very little but steal, murder and exploit.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Rubbish. Saudi's thrive off American dollars. Saddam Hussein was an evil dictator who massed killed Kurds and buried countless people alive, and Afghanistan is a breading grounds for attacks on American soil. Im glad SOMEONE intervined. And if those reasons arent already justifiable enough to you, im sorry. But to say the Americans exploit the ME for absolutely no reason is bullcrap.
    You really couldn't support my position better if you tried, everything you say backs me up. Saudi Arabia is a great example of why the US is so hated. They prop up the most brutal regime in the region, without that support the King's and Princess would hang from the lamposts.


    As for Afghanistan being a breeding ground, what allowed that to happen? US Imperialism.

    And Saddam was a tyrant, I agree. But when he was doing his evil the US was the one supplying him with the means.

    Educate yourself, instead of repeating tabloid and yankee soundbites.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Irrelevant. What the hell does this even mean?
    It means I am surprised that a person with Eastern blood running through his vains would sell out the people of the east and their struggle for liberty.
    "His (Che Guevara) life is the story of our era's most perfect man" - Jean Paul Sartre

    FTQ

  6. #56
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Sentenced to death on the NHS

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Castro View Post
    The US did good in Kosovo? It broke up a country with its campaign of murder. As for Afghanistan, they created the problem. It was they who allowed the rise of the barbaric Taliban. Afghanistan has moved 100 years back thanks to the US. Now the Afghan women and children can only dream of the rights they had when the Soviet Union was around.
    The situation created by the Americans in Kosovo is far, far better than the situation before its intervention. How much bloodshed and uneccessary violence, and genocide, must be commited before you cold hearted pacifist communists decide to step in? You have nothing here. Moan about WW2 aswell if you like.

    Your saying that the Taliban should have been allowed to thrive in Afghanistan simply because the problem was created by the Afghans? And your telling me that the US has bought bloodshed and violence? Correct me if i am mistaken, but was it not the US military who pushed back these violent insurgents who destroyed lives and families in the name of Shariah law? The bloodshed being made against the terrorists now is to avoid bloodshed of innocent lives in the future. If the region is swallowed by extremist, it will soon reach Pakistan where a nucleur arsenal is readily availible. Still not convinced? Is it not the Americans who are battering the Taliban as we speak so that the Afghans may live without there terror, and so that they can make the West a safer place from attacks? Dont tell me. Afghan was better off before the US, with Sharia! What the US is doing in Afghanistan is freeing the region of a terrible disease, of extremism, and to allow it to thrive and to even suggest such a thing is Barbaric. The soviet union was no less fascist than any other regime and was economically flawed. Please provide proof the US led intervention has pushed them back 100 years and led to negative consequences as a result of there determination to kill the Taliban insurgents.

    Your bringing up Israel is the ultimate insult though. Their despicable imperialism is the original sin from which all other hatred flows.
    Lets no open this topic here.


    What have the North Korean people ever done to deserve the same fate as the Iraqi people? Who have they ever hurt?
    Will you be saying the same thing when they complete there nucleur bomb and drop it on your families home? Or should we stop it now, before it gets to that? Your choice my pacifist friend.

    It has the strongest military, that is all. Soon it ill crumble and if the PRC wanted America to be destroyed they could do it tomorrow.
    You mean a bit like volatile, flawed communism? What proof do you have of such an assertion.


    I'm not arguing Cuba is a rich country, because it is a poor country is precisely why it is such a good example, they save the life of foreign people, yet they themselves are poor. Yet the rich country does very little but steal, murder and exploit.
    The country is in ruins and the people that live in it are trapped in a violent, poor way of life. Welcome to communism! Great example.



    You really couldn't support my position better if you tried, everything you say backs me up. Saudi Arabia is a great example of why the US is so hated. They prop up the most brutal regime in the region, without that support the King's and Princess would hang from the lamposts.
    Sometimes the only reason why evil dictatorships remain is because they serve American interests in one way or another. As a nation state, isnt that the natural driven force behind a conflict? Gain Vs. Loss?

    As for Afghanistan being a breeding ground, what allowed that to happen? US Imperialism.
    Elaborate.

    And Saddam was a tyrant, I agree. But when he was doing his evil the US was the one supplying him with the means.
    And that was wrong. Now he is dead and gone, Iraq has never been freer under its newly found Democracy.

    Educate yourself, instead of repeating tabloid and yankee soundbites.
    Avoid the ad hom please. Id appreciate it.

    It means I am surprised that a person with Eastern blood running through his vains would sell out the people of the east and their struggle for liberty.
    You know very little then about the ancestry of modern Turks.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 09-06-09 at 06:01 PM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  7. #57
    Student Joe Castro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Last Seen
    06-15-10 @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    196

    Re: Sentenced to death on the NHS

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    The situation created by the Americans in Kosovo is far, far better than the situation before its intervention. How much bloodshed and uneccessary violence, and genocide, must be commited before you cold hearted pacifist communists decide to step in? You have nothing here. Moan about WW2 aswell if you like.
    The troubles in Serbia is too large and complicated for me to illuminate here. I wrongly gave you the benefit of assuming you would be better clued up on it.


    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Your saying that the Taliban should have been allowed to thrive in Afghanistan simply because the problem was created by the Afghans? And your telling me that the US has bought bloodshed and violence? Correct me if i am mistaken, but was it not the US military who pushed back these violent insurgents who destroyed lives and families in the name of Shariah law? The bloodshed being made against the terrorists now is to avoid bloodshed of innocent lives in the future. If the region is swallowed by extremist, it will soon reach Pakistan where a nucleur arsenal is readily availible. Still not convinced? Is it not the Americans who are battering the Taliban as we speak so that the Afghans may live without there terror, and so that they can make the West a safer place from attacks? Dont tell me. Afghan was better off before the US, with Sharia! What the US is doing in Afghanistan is freeing the region of a terrible disease, of extremism, and to allow it to thrive and to even suggest such a thing is Barbaric. The soviet union was no less fascist than any other regime and was economically flawed. Please provide proof the US led intervention has pushed them back 100 years and led to negative consequences as a result of there determination to kill the Taliban insurgents.
    Are you really this ignorant of Afghanistan's recent history? Our apitalist media really have a lot to answer for.

    The US put the Taliban in power - Fact. Before the US got involved little Afghan girls went to school, women were equal to men, there was infrastructure being built, health care was being provided. But all in the name of getting one up on the Soviet Union the US showed total disregard and helped to put in place their holy warriors. This is common knowledge, asking for proof of this is like asking for proof that the earth is round.





    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Will you be saying the same thing when they complete there nucleur bomb and drop it on your families home? Or should we stop it now, before it gets to that? Your choice my pacifist friend.
    Got a crystal ball there?




    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    You mean a bit like volatile, flawed communism? What proof do you have of such an assertion.
    And I thought Communists were supposed to be the ones who don't understand economics. Have you ever heard of China's nuclear option? I'll give you a clue - it has nothing to do with bombs and everything to do with debt.


    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    The country is in ruins and the people that live in it are trapped in a violent, poor way of life. Welcome to communism! Great example.
    You are ignoring the point and anyone who reads this conversation will see that.




    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Sometimes the only reason why evil dictatorships remain is because they serve American interests in one way or another. As a nation state, isnt that the natural driven force behind a conflict? Gain Vs. Loss?
    If the US was not such a corrupt immoral entity then it would understand that deferred gratification would maximize their national utility. Instead by the nature of their system they have to chase short term goals contrary to the national interest.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Elaborate.
    I already have.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    And that was wrong. Now he is dead and gone, Iraq has never been freer under its newly found Democracy.
    What use is freedom to a dead man?


    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Avoid the ad hom please. Id appreciate it.
    Which Ad hom? That claim is the sign of a desperate man, quite aside from being hypocritical. Saying "you know very little" is quite worse than saying "educate yourself". My comment was advice, where as your comment was just rude.



    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post

    You know very little then about the ancestry of modern Turks.
    "His (Che Guevara) life is the story of our era's most perfect man" - Jean Paul Sartre

    FTQ

  8. #58
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Sentenced to death on the NHS

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Castro View Post
    The troubles in Serbia is too large and complicated for me to illuminate here. I wrongly gave you the benefit of assuming you would be better clued up on it.
    Please enlighten me, then. Id love to refute more of your stuff.


    The US put the Taliban in power - Fact. Before the US got involved little Afghan girls went to school, women were equal to men, there was infrastructure being built, health care was being provided. But all in the name of getting one up on the Soviet Union the US showed total disregard and helped to put in place their holy warriors. This is common knowledge, asking for proof of this is like asking for proof that the earth is round.
    I acknowledge this totally, and while i think what America done was very, very wrong, i also cant help but laugh at the fact that instead of dealing with the present, you insist on bringing up the past. Rather than worrying how the Taliban came about, why you dont spend a little bit more energy on beating them instead? Good lad.



    Got a crystal ball there?
    It may not be on your countries soil, but its going to be on SOMEONES soil and a hell of a lot of people will die because of NK. Isnt that the plan? To build a nucleur weapon to use against there enemies, which happens to be the modern, progressive world against an evil regime?




    And I thought Communists were supposed to be the ones who don't understand economics. Have you ever heard of China's nuclear option? I'll give you a clue - it has nothing to do with bombs and everything to do with debt.
    Your right, communists dont understand economics. And geopolitical relations as it goes too. Do you honestly think China is in the financial or diplomatic position to do anything with those debts other than wait for the US to pay them off?


    You are ignoring the point and anyone who reads this conversation will see that.
    Absolutely not. Its just that there are many successful nationalized health care systems out there - yet you only go on to name the ones in communist countries. Hell, ill even make this little bit of text CAPITAL LETTERS FOR EVERYONE TO SEE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT FACT.



    If the US was not such a corrupt immoral entity then it would understand that deferred gratification would maximize their national utility. Instead by the nature of their system they have to chase short term goals contrary to the national interest.
    And the Soviets we're not corrupt? Because everytime you try and play a card against the US you bring up the USSR as if they where saints too


    What use is freedom to a dead man?
    What use is life to a man with no freedom?


    Which Ad hom? That claim is the sign of a desperate man, quite aside from being hypocritical. Saying "you know very little" is quite worse than saying "educate yourself". My comment was advice, where as your comment was just rude.
    Hmhm. Good on you.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  9. #59
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Sentenced to death on the NHS

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08
    You know very little then about the ancestry of modern Turks.
    Missing a reply here.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  10. #60
    Student Joe Castro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Last Seen
    06-15-10 @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    196

    Re: Sentenced to death on the NHS

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Please enlighten me, then. Id love to refute more of your stuff.
    Don't bite off more than you can chew, for your own sake don't. Just as you ran away from the Israeli comment, you ought to run away from discussing Serbia.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    I acknowledge this totally, and while i think what America done was very, very wrong, i also cant help but laugh at the fact that instead of dealing with the present, you insist on bringing up the past. Rather than worrying how the Taliban came about, why you dont spend a little bit more energy on beating them instead? Good lad.
    What I'm doing is understanding history. If those who continue to look to fix other people's countries did that a little more then we would not be so doomed. The world is not some white man's burden, let the people of Afghanistan sort out Afghanistan.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    It may not be on your countries soil, but its going to be on SOMEONES soil and a hell of a lot of people will die because of NK. Isnt that the plan? To build a nucleur weapon to use against there enemies, which happens to be the modern, progressive world against an evil regime?
    Again where is your crystal ball? How do you know so much about what is running through the mind of people in the most secretive country in the world? How do you know what is going to happen tomorrow?


    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Your right, communists dont understand economics. And geopolitical relations as it goes too. Do you honestly think China is in the financial or diplomatic position to do anything with those debts other than wait for the US to pay them off?
    Yes, China is in a position to do that. Just by moving some numbers around on a screen China could bring the US to it's knees and I pray, oh how do I pray for the return of a glorious leader to China, with the spirit and courage of Mao alive within him. But we may not have to wait too long. If trends continue, the US will be no longer of use to the PRC and then they will chew the beast up and spit it out.


    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Absolutely not. Its just that there are many successful nationalized health care systems out there - yet you only go on to name the ones in communist countries. Hell, ill even make this little bit of text CAPITAL LETTERS FOR EVERYONE TO SEE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT FACT.
    Why would you want to attract attention to your own arguments shortcomings? I'm not just talking about health care within ones own borders and you must know that, because it has been made explicit.



    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    And the Soviets we're not corrupt? Because everytime you try and play a card against the US you bring up the USSR as if they where saints too
    The Soviet Union has nothing to do with this particular point. But in the words of George galloway "the disappearance of the Soviet Union is the greatest catastrophe of my life".



    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    What use is life to a man with no freedom?
    You do not even notice the inherent absurdity of that statement. You have just claimed that the life of every Palestinian is without use. Shame on you. What would you do with them and all the others without any freedom in the world, have them put down? That is the implication of your statement, disgusting and despicable. With your shoddy attempt at rhetoric you may as well have called for a holocaust of the oppressed people of the world.
    "His (Che Guevara) life is the story of our era's most perfect man" - Jean Paul Sartre

    FTQ

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •