Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 144

Thread: S.J. couple hopes their poster inspires county’s students

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: S.J. couple hopes their poster inspires county’s students

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I personally would love to see posters with both of them encouraging kids to stay in school and study. They are both excellent examples of what people in this country can accomplish, and would love to see inner city kids use them as role models.
    Yes, I agree, and you could even throw in a few black libertarians, that couldn't hurt either. This is supposed to be about choice, I don't see much choice offered, not at all!

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: S.J. couple hopes their poster inspires county’s students

    Remember the early 80's and Nancy Reagan's just say no anti-drug campaign. Her image was in schools. Who cares?

  3. #93
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: S.J. couple hopes their poster inspires county’s students

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Remember the early 80's and Nancy Reagan's just say no anti-drug campaign. Her image was in schools. Who cares?
    I do, but only because I loved that message and am a big Nancy Reagan fan.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: S.J. couple hopes their poster inspires county’s students

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    Yes, I agree, and you could even throw in a few black libertarians, that couldn't hurt either. This is supposed to be about choice, I don't see much choice offered, not at all!
    Ummm, hello, you can't swing a cat in an inner city school without hitting an image of Nelson Mandela, Booker T. Washington, or Martin Luther King. Seriously.

    You should get out more. This is NORMAL.

  5. #95
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: S.J. couple hopes their poster inspires county’s students

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Ummm, hello, you can't swing a cat in an inner city school without hitting an image of Nelson Mandela, Booker T. Washington, or Martin Luther King. Seriously.

    You should get out more. This is NORMAL.
    They where libertarians? I think the reason you don't see many libertarians in school is because, well, there aren't many libertarians.

  6. #96
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: S.J. couple hopes their poster inspires county’s students

    then you have no problem with children watching obama's inauguration?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: S.J. couple hopes their poster inspires county’s students

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    They where libertarians? I think the reason you don't see many libertarians in school is because, well, there aren't many libertarians.
    Hah. I read that as black librarian.



    Maybe more kids would be interested in reading if the people in these pictures were hotter.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 09-02-09 at 03:24 PM.

  8. #98
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: S.J. couple hopes their poster inspires county’s students

    i don't get it.....are we talking about motivating kids, or politics?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #99
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: S.J. couple hopes their poster inspires county’s students

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Remember the early 80's and Nancy Reagan's just say no anti-drug campaign. Her image was in schools. Who cares?
    "Just say no" didn't work, I'm not convinced this waste of resources will work either.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: S.J. couple hopes their poster inspires county’s students

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    "Just say no" didn't work, I'm not convinced this waste of resources will work either.
    it's a donation.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •