Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 111

Thread: Dealers Still Waiting For 'Clunker' Cash...

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Dealers Still Waiting For 'Clunker' Cash...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Every large program starts out with troubles. When the program is short lived, like CARS, it does not get those problems worked out during the life of the program. With longer programs, the initial kinks do tend to get worked out while the program is running.
    If that were true then SS would be balanced by now.

  2. #12
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,545

    Re: Dealers Still Waiting For 'Clunker' Cash...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Every large program starts out with troubles. When the program is short lived, like CARS, it does not get those problems worked out during the life of the program. With longer programs, the initial kinks do tend to get worked out while the program is running.
    Like the VA? How about the DMV?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #13
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dealers Still Waiting For 'Clunker' Cash...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If that were true then SS would be balanced by now.
    The problem with SS is not an administrative problem.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Dealers Still Waiting For 'Clunker' Cash...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The problem with SS is not an administrative problem.
    The ONLY problem with SS is administration.

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dealers Still Waiting For 'Clunker' Cash...

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Like the VA? How about the DMV?
    The VA is a great program actually. I know it's hard to believe, but the VA does great work for vets. The DMV is a state level program, which we don't have in Michigan. We have the Secretary of State which handles the same functions, and credit where credit is due, it was a republican Secretary of State who fixed the program for us. I think last time I was there I was in and out in 5 minutes.

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,545

    Re: Dealers Still Waiting For 'Clunker' Cash...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The VA is a great program actually. I know it's hard to believe, but the VA does great work for vets. The DMV is a state level program, which we don't have in Michigan. We have the Secretary of State which handles the same functions, and credit where credit is due, it was a republican Secretary of State who fixed the program for us. I think last time I was there I was in and out in 5 minutes.
    Oh, yeah, the VA is top shelf. Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Dealers Still Waiting For 'Clunker' Cash...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    Yes. the program was so successful that they have to triple the number of people working on the claims. It cleared out dealers inventories and put people back to work.
    Put people back to work Joe? The August jobs report suggests that another 250,000 Americans lost work Joe; who has this idiotic program where you take money from one voters pocket and put it into another persons made the job picture better?

    I am fascinated by this new Librul math regarding job creation where a continuing climb in joblessness and a loss of over 6 million jobs since the beginning of the year equates to job creation.

    The irony is that this is coming from the same Libruls who claimed Bush wasn't creating enough jobs with a 4.6% unemployment rate.


  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,545

    Re: Dealers Still Waiting For 'Clunker' Cash...

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Put people back to work Joe? The August jobs report suggests that another 250,000 Americans lost work Joe; who has this idiotic program where you take money from one voters pocket and put it into another persons made the job picture better?
    That would be like me cutting one employee's salary so I can give another employee a raise, so the second employee won't quit.

    It's called, "robbing Peter to pay Paul".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #19
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dealers Still Waiting For 'Clunker' Cash...

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Put people back to work Joe? The August jobs report suggests that another 250,000 Americans lost work Joe; who has this idiotic program where you take money from one voters pocket and put it into another persons made the job picture better?

    I am fascinated by this new Librul math regarding job creation where a continuing climb in joblessness and a loss of over 6 million jobs since the beginning of the year equates to job creation.

    The irony is that this is coming from the same Libruls who claimed Bush wasn't creating enough jobs with a 4.6% unemployment rate.

    Hey TD, can you tell me when the program started? If you can, and think about it, you will understand why the August jobs report shows what it does.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Dealers Still Waiting For 'Clunker' Cash...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey TD, can you tell me when the program started? If you can, and think about it, you will understand why the August jobs report shows what it does.
    It's not a "job" if it's not a career. If you think seasonal/temp work = "job creation", you were never talking about what we were talking about when we were discussing "job creation".

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •