Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 135

Thread: Obama's approval rating at 45%

  1. #81
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    You are right... This has nothing to do with politics, polls or any of that.

    My mistake for piling on.
    No problem...just wrong thread.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #82
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The problem is....what GOP candidate is a classic fiscal conservative in the vein of Goldwater? There isn't one....because "Conservatism" to the GOP has become synonomous with little more than anti-abortion/anti-gay evangelical social agenda.

    The closest there is to a fiscal conservative in the GOP is Romney.
    That's the main reason why I left the party

  3. #83
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    That's the main reason why I left the party
    I could actually respect a GOP that embraced the views of the Goldwater "Conservative". The problem is, that hasn't existed in the GOP for the last 3 decades.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #84
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I understand how you feel; but you, in effect, helped to elect Obama by so doing. I hope you are still okay with that.

    Garbage. I live in a solid Red state. My vote changed nothing one way or the other. It certainly did not 'help elect' Obama. The electoral votes from my state went to his opponent. So no, I had zero role in electing Obama.

    And yes... I'm perfectly okay with my vote.


  5. #85
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    What policies were those? He consistently changes his stance, still has no idea what he stands for and has broken quite a few of his campaign promises already...
    I admit he's been too spineless and caves to Republicans too often, but he advocated as a candidate a drawdown from Iraq, reforming health care, a stimulus package, a more diplomatic foreign policy, etc. He had policies, and many people agreed with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by 75Greeno View Post
    people elected him because they are stupid the media played him up and he can talk well it is just like bill clinton and jimmy carter and look how well those idiots turned out
    This is one of my biggest pet peeves in politics. When their side loses, they blame the voters. If you have that much scorn for the American People, get the **** out of here. The American People are smarter than people like you give them credit for, and if you have that much contempt, you have no place trying to help choose their leader.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    So, beside your president standing in quick sand, you want to brag about Pelosi, Reid, Biden, and who exactly?

    That's your inherent problem. Liberals elect politicians like they select American Idol winners. Conservatives elect politicians based on principles, which never waver even with their chosen politicians do.
    If Conservatives elect their politicians based on principles, how did you end up with Bush Jr and McCain as your most recent candidates?

    And I disagree, Liberals do elect politicians based on principles too, we just have different principles.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  6. #86
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Here's a great statistic.

    At this rate, trends indicate in 3 1/2 years his approval rating will be at 0%. Start telling everyone that Obama is guaranteed not to get reelected because he will have 0% of the vote.

    It's also important to note that people NEVER change thier minds when presented facts and results (ie Iraq, wiretapping, enhanced interrogation.)
    and so it goes...

  7. #87
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Off topic.....this isn't about congress.
    How do you assume this isn't about the topic, since the ratings of a one party majority in the legislative and executive tend to tie into each other currently, also since the president is trying to sell congressional bills to the american voting public and vice versa, considering the congress is in rubber stamp nirvana right now, and also considering that idiot in the white house will essentially be a first term lame duck if enough (D) seats turn over in the congress.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #88
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    No one else has him at that low of an approval rating.

    RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

    When you average all the polls, its 51% Approve, 42% Disapprove. Rasmussen has been a consistent outlier.
    Rasmussen is a consistent oulier in polling, with the exception of election polling.

    They do it on purpose, construct polls with poor design, and a certain spin, so they can sell them.

  9. #89
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Even Zogby has PBO's approval rating at 42%. Ya can't call John Zogby a Right Wing crazy.

    Zogby International
    what do you mean 'even'?
    Zogby is *the worst* pollster out there, just about (particularly if it's an 'interactive' one).

    Fivethirtyeight.com has some great articles from time to time re: reliability of various pollsters.

  10. #90
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Zogby's polls are not even used by major outlets anymore because they have been so inaccurate the last couple of years. He uses only published numbers for his telephone polls and self selected participants for his online polls.

    I think its ridiculous for either side to pick and choose the polls they want. Why not just go to Real Clear Politics and look at the rolling average between all of them.
    Or Pollster.com.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •