Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 135

Thread: Obama's approval rating at 45%

  1. #41
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by 75Greeno View Post
    people elected him because they are stupid the media played him up and he can talk well it is just like bill clinton and jimmy carter and look how well those idiots turned out
    People vote for the least unappealing of the two candidates. Always.

    Jimmy Carter was a disaster and was voted out overwhelmingly after one term.

    Clinton and Bush were both average presidents who managed to hold on to second terms because they were just slightly more appealing than the alternatives. Despite all the fawning over the Clinton years in the MSM, Clinton never managed to win even 50% of the popular vote, something Bush, at least, accomplished in 2004.


  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Yet even GWB, who some was hated by the Left, did as good or better in the polls than Obama at this stage of the game.

    GWB first 100 days = 62%

    Obama = 63%
    Gallup poll: Obama approval at 63% - First Read - msnbc.com

    In fact, all but Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter had higher approval ratings about 100 days after taking office. That is why the early months of new presidencies are commonly known as "the honeymoon period."

    What History Foretells for Obama?s First Job Approval Rating


    Obama's HIGHEST approval ratings place him in 10 place against the last 12 US Presidents beating only Nixon and Reagan. I don't see how anyone can spin this any other way than he is heading down faster than almost all the previous 11 Presidents.

    Once Tax payers get the BILL for the Democrat largess and once they see the economy is getting worse not better, it is likely he will serve as another one term President and have disastrous consequences for the Democrat Party which will last only as long as the Republicans avoid being as stupid as they were from 2004 to 2006.

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Approval_rating]United States presidential approval rating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    Every election boils down to a choice between two alternatives.
    Slight correction in my opinion; every election boils down to a choice between the LESSER of TWO evils.


  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Reagan traded arms with terrorists Carter stood up to them.
    The historic facts do not support your hyperbolic rhetoric, again.

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,805
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The historic facts do not support your hyperbolic rhetoric, again.
    Well would you post some facts for once otherwise I'm going to report you for trolling.

  7. #47
    Professor
    Joe1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Last edited by Joe1991; 09-01-09 at 05:18 PM.

  8. #48
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Slight correction in my opinion; every election boils down to a choice between the LESSER of TWO evils.

    True. Last year was the first election in which I wrote in a candidate. I held my nose and voted before. Never again.


  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well would you post some facts for once otherwise I'm going to report you for trolling.
    How ironic; so let me understand your hysterical definition of trolling: you troll a thread with a one line false claim that is not even remotely connected to the thread topic, then get called on the false claim and you claim I am trolling? You're kidding me right.

    You made the FALSE claim, YOU are called on it; it isn't up to me to prove it was false, that will come when you attempt to support your false claims with FACTS and links.

    Carry on; your laughable attempts to troll threads and then project your trolling onto someone else are truly comedic.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    How does this support the false claim that Reagan sold arms to terrorists? In what context do you believe such farcical claims?

    While you are at it, also explain what this topic has to do with the thread topic other than troll it and drag it off the topic in an effort to avoid honest debate.

    From your source:

    It began as an operation to improve U.S.-Iranian relations, wherein Israel would ship weapons to a relatively moderate, politically influential group of Iranians; the U.S. would then resupply Israel and receive the Israeli payment. The Iranian recipients promised to do everything in their power to achieve the release of six U.S. hostages, who were being held by the Lebanese Shia Islamist group Hezbollah, who were unknowingly connected to the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution. The plan eventually deteriorated into an arms-for-hostages scheme, in which members of the executive branch sold weapons to Iran in exchange for the release of the American hostages.
    Last edited by Truth Detector; 09-01-09 at 05:48 PM.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •