Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 135

Thread: Obama's approval rating at 45%

  1. #121
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Oh, the right loves them some Rasmussen
    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    The right likes Rasmussen. It's amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post


    Zogby flat out sucks, Rasmussen polls (except election polling) are deliberately skewed to the right, and Ipsos/McClatchy's latest poll showed 56% approval.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    What's funny is that the right thinks a polling firm who is consistently demonstrated to be the outlier has factual and unbiased results.
    You can chant this mantra all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Rasmussen is one of the best polling organizations out there, had the best results in 2008, and consistently is on point.

    Their numbers are generally slightly lower than other polls - that's not because of some secret plot to screw Obama, it's because they use likely voters, instead of all adults.

    I don't give a **** what all adults thing, because all adults don't vote. Accordingly, I pay attention to Rasmussen. When you make ridiculous claims about how he's biased to the right, you just demonstrate your own bias.

    Tony Snow, White House Press Secretary for President George W. Bush, attacked Rasmussen’s polling on the War in Iraq. More recently, Democrats have attacked his polling on President Obama’s Job Approval Rating and other topics.

    Rasmussen’s reported Job Approval Ratings for President Obama are typically several points lower than Gallup’s. He says this is because Gallup polls all adults and he polls likely voters.

    Both Republican and Democratic candidates for office cite Rasmussen data in their correspondence. Susan Estrich, who managed the Presidential campaign for Michael Dukakis said, “If you really want to know what people in America think, you can't find a smarter guy to ask than Scott Rasmussen."

    Rasmussen's polls are notable for their use of automated public opinion polling, involving pre-recorded telephone inquiries. These types of polls have been shown to produce accurate results at low cost. But some have doubted their reliability. In 2004 Slate magazine said they “publicly doubted and privately derided Rasmussen” polls because of the methodology. However, after the election, they concluded that Rasmussen’s polls were the most accurate.

    At the end of the 2008 Presidential Election, there were eight national tracking polls and many other polls conducted on a regular basis. Liberal polling guru Nate Silver reviewed the tracking polls and said that while none were perfect, "Rasmussen -- with its large sample size and high pollster rating -- would probably be the one I'd want with me on a desert island." After the election, Rasmussen's poll was rated as the most accurate, when compared to various other final pre-election polls.
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Rasmussen]Scott Rasmussen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #122
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 11:54 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    You can chant this mantra all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Rasmussen is one of the best polling organizations out there, had the best results in 2008, and consistently is on point.

    Their numbers are generally slightly lower than other polls - that's not because of some secret plot to screw Obama, it's because they use likely voters, instead of all adults.

    I don't give a **** what all adults thing, because all adults don't vote. Accordingly, I pay attention to Rasmussen. When you make ridiculous claims about how he's biased to the right, you just demonstrate your own bias.



    Scott Rasmussen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    It's not a chant, and it's not a mantra, and you should pay closer attention before disparage. Rasmussen polling - OTHER THAN ELECTION POLLING - is consistently biased to the right, and has outlier results. That he has such accurate ELECTION polling demonstrates that he does know how to construct a reliable poll, and chooses not to on issue and soft polling.

    So, get used to hearing it. Rasmussent polling - OUTSIDE OF ELECTION POLLING - sucks the big one and makes the right look foolish for quoting them so often.

    It's like the right WANTS to be deluded.

    Hm. Maybe they do.

  3. #123
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I bet when Ramussen, Gallop and Zogby were putting GB at 28%, the Libbos were hailing those numbers as the most accurate in history. Now, when things are going against their boy, it's all BS.
    Nope. Always used polls that were averaged and adjusted for outliers. Rasmussen is historically wrong. Just look at the election.
    It's time for a revolution in our country. Not a revolution forged with guns and bombs but a revolution forged of compassion and altruism. A revolution that extends a hand to those who don't have and who cannot. A revolution that makes Health Care available to all those in the US.

  4. #124
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    It's not a chant, and it's not a mantra, and you should pay closer attention before disparage. Rasmussen polling - OTHER THAN ELECTION POLLING - is consistently biased to the right, and has outlier results. That he has such accurate ELECTION polling demonstrates that he does know how to construct a reliable poll, and chooses not to on issue and soft polling.

    So, get used to hearing it. Rasmussent polling - OUTSIDE OF ELECTION POLLING - sucks the big one and makes the right look foolish for quoting them so often.

    It's like the right WANTS to be deluded.

    Hm. Maybe they do.
    Even then, they are on the low side for numbers concerning Dems or any liberals during elections. They are still outliers, just less so when it comes to elections. I think it's because they are being more closely watched by everyone instead of just by the conservatives during elections.
    It's time for a revolution in our country. Not a revolution forged with guns and bombs but a revolution forged of compassion and altruism. A revolution that extends a hand to those who don't have and who cannot. A revolution that makes Health Care available to all those in the US.

  5. #125
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 11:54 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    Even then, they are on the low side for numbers concerning Dems or any liberals during elections. They are still outliers, just less so when it comes to elections. I think it's because they are being more closely watched by everyone instead of just by the conservatives during elections.
    I think their election polling results can be measured against an actual election, so they don't play with question wording, etc during elections. Not so for issue polling. On election polling, I do trust Rasmussen. On issue aka 'soft' polling, I do notm ,kjnb jmnvcc.


    For the person who mentioned Zogby (was it adst?), here is Nate Silver discussing how Zogby is the worst pollster in the world.

    And here is Matthew Yglesias discussing why issue polling at Rasmussen is different than election polling (hint: Scott Rasmussen SELLS weekly issue polls, and his politics lean right, he was a paid consultant for GWB re-election).


    If either of those sources are unacceptable to some righties, try googling. There is no shortage of articles discussing the bias and outlier-ness of Rasmussen's issue polling, nor a shortage of articles discussing the suckage of Zogby's polls.

  6. #126
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    It's not a chant, and it's not a mantra, and you should pay closer attention before disparage. Rasmussen polling - OTHER THAN ELECTION POLLING - is consistently biased to the right, and has outlier results.
    Do you realize that these are two different claims? Even if you could prove the latter (which isn't really very important, for the reason I very patiently explained again), I don't even know what you would base such a ridiculous claim as the former on.

    That he has such accurate ELECTION polling demonstrates that he does know how to construct a reliable poll, and chooses not to on issue and soft polling.


    Link?

    So, get used to hearing it. Rasmussent polling - OUTSIDE OF ELECTION POLLING - sucks the big one and makes the right look foolish for quoting them so often.
    So you're going to keep on chanting your mantra despite a total lack of evidence. Good to know.



    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie

    Rasmussen is historically wrong. Just look at the election.
    I'm sorry, but what on earth are you talking about?

    The final Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Election 2008 showed Barack Obama leading John McCain 52% to 46%. We are pleased to report that those figures precisely matched the actual election returns.

    A Fordham University analysis put Rasmussen Reports on top of the list for accuracy among 23 national pollsters.

    ...

    While we were pleased with the final result, Rasmussen Reports was especially pleased that our data was the least volatile of all the tracking polls. Our daily tracking showed Obama with a stable and solid lead with more than 50% of the vote every single day for the last six weeks of the campaign.

    In 2004 George W. Bush received 50.7% of the vote while John Kerry earned 48.3%. Rasmussen Reports was the only firm to project both candidates’ totals within half a percentage point by projecting that Bush would win 50.2% to 48.5%. (see our 2004 results).
    I just don't know where you're coming up with such demonstrable falsehoods.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #127
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 11:54 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Do you realize that these are two different claims? Even if you could prove the latter (which isn't really very important, for the reason I very patiently explained again), I don't even know what you would base such a ridiculous claim as the former on.





    Link?



    So you're going to keep on chanting your mantra despite a total lack of evidence. Good to know.





    I'm sorry, but what on earth are you talking about?



    I just don't know where you're coming up with such demonstrable falsehoods.

    Already answered your questions in the post before yours. There is ample evidence to go on, and you actually didn't even need me to post add'l links. You only needed to see the massive outlierness of the approval ratings of Rasmussen compared to 4 or 5 other polling firms posted earlier in the thread. Outlier results are not reliable.


    Keep quoting them if you want, but realize it's only righties that do so. And, you will continue to be laughed at. It's funny as hell to see Fauxbots quoting Rasmussen - AGAIN.


    ps - edit to add note as to your Fordham U quote. It has NOTHING to do with issue polling. It is already acknowledged that Rasmussen's election polling is not in the same class as his other polling. Election polling you can rely on, anything else - NOPE.
    Last edited by jackalope; 09-05-09 at 09:40 PM.

  8. #128
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    For the person who mentioned Zogby (was it adst?), here is Nate Silver discussing how Zogby is the worst pollster in the world.
    So let me get this straight:

    When Nate Silver says that Zogby is the worst pollster in the world, you think it's the gospel truth and proves your point.

    When Nate Silver says that Rasmussen is the best pollster out there, you think he's a filthy liar.

    Do you read the things you write?

    And here is Matthew Yglesias discussing why issue polling at Rasmussen is different than election polling (hint: Scott Rasmussen SELLS weekly issue polls, and his politics lean right, he was a paid consultant for GWB re-election).
    Oh snap!

    However, his firm was paid by the Republican National Committee and the George W. Bush presidential campaign in 2003-4. The firm was also paid by people seeking to impeach Bush. There are no records of Rasmussen making contributions to political candidates He has had at least one article published by the Democratic Leadership Council, a group of centrist Democrats.
    Wow, it's almost like he commissions special polls for those who pay him money in addition to his normal polls. That's totally different from every single other pollster on earth.

    Damn bro, you've really cracked the case on this one.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #129
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Already answered your questions in the post before yours. There is ample evidence to go on, and you actually didn't even need me to post add'l links. You only needed to see the massive outlierness of the approval ratings of Rasmussen compared to 4 or 5 other polling firms posted earlier in the thread. Outlier results are not reliable.
    Have you ever taken a statistics class in your life? Do you understand the difference between "all adults" and "likely voters"?

    If the answer to both of those questions is yes, then there's no excuse for this post.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #130
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 11:54 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    So let me get this straight:

    When Nate Silver says that Zogby is the worst pollster in the world, you think it's the gospel truth and proves your point.

    When Nate Silver says that Rasmussen is the best pollster out there, you think he's a filthy liar.

    Do you read the things you write?



    Oh snap!



    Wow, it's almost like he commissions special polls for those who pay him money in addition to his normal polls. That's totally different from every single other pollster on earth.

    Damn bro, you've really cracked the case on this one.

    No, you really should pay attention. If you do not like Nate Silver, go google on your own. There are AMPLE sources out there showing Zogby sucks. Or, you could just do your own research, and compare Zogby polls to others.

    If you're going to tout poll numbers, you should understand them.



    edit to specifically AGAIN address this:

    "When Nate Silver says that Rasmussen is the best pollster out there, you think he's a filthy liar."


    Nate Silver says Rasmussen's ELECTION polling is the best out there. He said NO such thing about his issue polling. Search his site and learn. Try looking for his articles about Rasmussen's health insurance and public option polling. Hint: they suck.
    Last edited by jackalope; 09-05-09 at 09:43 PM.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •