Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 135

Thread: Obama's approval rating at 45%

  1. #101
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    I live in the Universe of truth, where we look at polls that don't select their own polling groups to make Obama look worse.

    I was looking at Gallup, which had him at 5 more points then about a week ago.

    The right likes Rasmussen. It's amusing.


    But, re: Gallup, I don't know what caused the rise. I'm interested too. They didn't have a story accompanying the poll yesterday. Maybe they will today or tomorrow.

  2. #102
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    [quote=LaMidRighter;1058234257]
    WOW, if you mean the universe of putting your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes, and going "LALALALALALALA I Can't Hear You,LALALALALALALALALA" Then I might agree with your statement. Okay, let's take it from the top, Zogby, Ipsos, and Rasmussen all have Barack Obama at 45% as of this period of time, ...

    Zogby flat out sucks, Rasmussen polls (except election polling) are deliberately skewed to the right, and Ipsos/McClatchy's latest poll showed 56% approval.

    Gallup did show a 5 point increase, and that is what the poster was asking about. A quite reasonable question, and not cause for a partisan attack.

  3. #103
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Oh, the right loves them some Rasmussen
    Yeah, it's funny what factual and unbiased results will do for polling credibility. Okay, listen carefully, Rasmussen is a center-left individual, so is Zogby, they don't let their political preferences hinder the results because they care about their credibility.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #104
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    [quote=jackalope;1058234267]
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post


    Zogby flat out sucks, Rasmussen polls (except election polling) are deliberately skewed to the right, and Ipsos/McClatchy's latest poll showed 56% approval.
    Were you saying the same thing when they had George W. Bush's presidential approval ratings at 20%, which was lower than the media and gallup polling?

    Gallup did show a 5 point increase, and that is what the poster was asking about. A quite reasonable question, and not cause for a partisan attack.
    *Sigh* Did you even bother to look back at the subgroups and wonder why he has a net gain when he loses in every three day sample in every singe subgroup?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #105
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Yeah, it's funny what factual and unbiased results will do for polling credibility. Okay, listen carefully, Rasmussen is a center-left individual, so is Zogby, they don't let their political preferences hinder the results because they care about their credibility.
    What's funny is that the right thinks a polling firm who is consistently demonstrated to be the outlier has factual and unbiased results. Listen carefullly, Rasmussen is NOT center left. And Zogby just sucks.




    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Were you saying the same thing when they had George W. Bush's presidential approval ratings at 20%, which was lower than the media and gallup polling?

    *Sigh* Did you even bother to look back at the subgroups and wonder why he has a net gain when he loses in every three day sample in every singe subgroup?

    Show me where in the Gallup poll he lost in every single subgroup and yet has a net gain.

  6. #106
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    What's funny is that the right thinks a polling firm who is consistently demonstrated to be the outlier has factual and unbiased results. Listen carefullly, Rasmussen is NOT center left. And Zogby just sucks.
    Right, because it makes your guy look bad because his administration sucks.







    Show me where in the Gallup poll he lost in every single subgroup and yet has a net gain.
    Post 99 has a link to the actual data and methodology.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #107
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Right, because it makes your guy look bad because his administration sucks.


    Post 99 has a link to the actual data and methodology.
    First, wrong on the reason for not relying on Rasmussen. 'Outlier' actually means something when discussing polls. Take a look at the post where major polls showed results not at all like Rasmussen's 45% ...


    And, your post 99 with a link to data and methodology has absolutely nothing to do with yesterday's poll. It's data and methodology are for four weeks, the last of which was Aug 24 - Aug 30 .... obviously that has nothing to do with a poll on Sept 3.



  8. #108
    Professor
    Joe1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Okay, let's take it from the top, Zogby, Ipsos, and Rasmussen all have Barack Obama at 45% as of this period of time, they had him at 85% approval at the beginning of his presidency less than a year ago, this is the FASTEST drop in approval ratings since political polling began.

    Obama was at 85% approval a year ago??

    ...you wanna link to that please?

  9. #109
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    And, your post 99 with a link to data and methodology has absolutely nothing to do with yesterday's poll. It's data and methodology are for four weeks, the last of which was Aug 24 - Aug 30 .... obviously that has nothing to do with a poll on Sept 3.


    Yeah, okay, guess you missed that the four weeks were broken up into three day subgroups.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #110
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Obama's approval rating at 45%

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Yeah, okay, guess you missed that the four weeks were broken up into three day subgroups.
    It doesn't matter what subgroups they were broken up into.
    An analysis that ended on Aug 30 has nothing to do with a poll published on Sep 3, which would be, btw, a three-day rolling average of Aug 31, Sep 1, and Sep 2. Not one of those days were in your analysis ended on Aug 30.

    This really isn't rocket science. What you posted has nothing to do with the poll I posted.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •