Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 86

Thread: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

  1. #71
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,737

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I knew this was just another case of "Wishful thinking" by the hate-driven left. They latch on and twist anything they can, to feed that hatred that has so dominated them over the last 8 years. Just like the dozens and dozens of other attempts they've orchestrated to destroy Bush, predictably, this one fails miserably.
    Here is what I find difficult to believe. All authors sign off on the covers for their books before they are printed. This "pressure" was a key part of the book's cover. Ridge signed off on it. So what happened?

    1) Ridge cannot read, which means that he is considering running for President, using that lovable ol' George Bush homespun charm.

    2) Ridge backpedaled because he changed his mind, which means he cannot be trusted.

    3) Ridge backpedaled because of renewed pressure, which means that he was a poor choice for Homeland Security Secretary to begin with.

    4) Ridge was pressured by his publisher, who wanted to make the book juicy, but then changed his mind, which means that he waffles worse than John Kerry.

    5) Ridge is one hell of a practical jokester, and the joke is on all of us.

    Pick one. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #72
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Here is what I find difficult to believe. All authors sign off on the covers for their books before they are printed. This "pressure" was a key part of the book's cover. Ridge signed off on it. So what happened?

    1) Ridge cannot read, which means that he is considering running for President, using that lovable ol' George Bush homespun charm.

    2) Ridge backpedaled because he changed his mind, which means he cannot be trusted.

    3) Ridge backpedaled because of renewed pressure, which means that he was a poor choice for Homeland Security Secretary to begin with.

    4) Ridge was pressured by his publisher, who wanted to make the book juicy, but then changed his mind, which means that he waffles worse than John Kerry.

    5) Ridge is one hell of a practical jokester, and the joke is on all of us.

    Pick one. LOL.
    Again, you are forgetting one critical thing... Ridge never accused the Administration in the first place. There was no backpeddling, because he never accused them in the first place.

    Facts can really be a bitch.

    .

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Can you post links to any debate here where you admit you are wrong?
    (I have admitted many mistakes...Do you?)
    Out of fairness I'll give you some time to find any such admissions but............if none are forthcoming, we can only assume one of two possibilities

    1. You never are in error & are 100% infallible.


    OR


    2. You have no integrity.

  4. #74
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Can you post links to any debate here where you admit you are wrong?
    (I have admitted many mistakes...Do you?)
    Right here:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1058183129

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1058195319

    But, this is all a distraction, as usual; the debate isn't going your way, so you're trying to make it about me, personally. Been down this road with you many, many times.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Right here:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1058183129

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1058195319

    But, this is all a distraction, as usual; the debate isn't going your way, so you're trying to make it about me, personally. Been down this road with you many, many times.
    OK...Pretty weak admissions .....but I'll concede you did give me what I asked for.
    So...since you are evidently capable of admitting error, I'm at a loss to understand your refusal to do so here??

    But........I'll get over it!

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    But, this is all a distraction, as usual; the debate isn't going your way, so you're trying to make it about me, personally. Been down this road with you many, many times.
    As far as your above characterization........I'll stand pat on how my end of this debate is going.

  7. #77
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,737

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Again, you are forgetting one critical thing... Ridge never accused the Administration in the first place. There was no backpeddling, because he never accused them in the first place.

    Facts can really be a bitch.

    .
    Yes, they can. Fact is, Ridge signed off on the book cover.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #78
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    OK...Pretty weak admissions


    I had no doubt that you would say so.


    So...since you are evidently capable of admitting error, I'm aty a loss to understand your refusal to do so here??
    Because I haven't made one. It's you who misread me. Which is, as I've said dozens of times, not my problem.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #79
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    As far as your above characterization........I'll stand pat on how my end of this debate is going.


    You do that.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    : Which is, as I've said dozens of times, not my problem.
    Dozens of time??....Dozens...really???

    If you said it once it may have been true........ but dozens of times?? Have links to you saying that dozens of times??

    (let's see....a dozen would be 12 so dozens would be at least 24 times...Have at least 24 links?...or was that a lie?)
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-03-09 at 10:38 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •