Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 86

Thread: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Now you're asking a different question than b4. Before you wanted to know what would be so bad if Ridge's initial concerns were true about political motivations for raising the threat level.

    I answered your legitimate ....So What?...question...That would make their recommendations felonies.



    NOW......you are asking me to PROVE Ridge's concerns were accurate, which is a whole different question & demands an extensive investigation.
    I would favor such an investigation.

    Come on...You admitted that Ridge's concerns were reasonable:
    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Seems perfectly apparent that Ridge wondered at the time if other people's reasons for raising the threat level were politically motivated.

    Accepting that as fact, that Ridge wondered this, now what?

    Now that you know they may have been crimes, does that change nothing in your mind?
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-03-09 at 09:02 PM.

  2. #62
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,770

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Watch the interviews available on this thread. Ridge was quoted exactly & speaks live to Matthews & Maddow.
    How about YOU admitting you were wrong?
    Reread my post. The issue is about what the book does or doesn't say. Telling me to watch videos that you claim contradict the book will not settle the debate about what the book says.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  3. #63
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,770

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Now you're asking a different question than b4. Before you wanted to know what would be so bad if Ridge's initial concerns were true about political motivations for raising the threat level.

    I answered your legitimate ....So What?...question...That would make their recommendations felonies.



    NOW......you are asking me to PROVE Ridge's concerns were accurate, which is a whole different question & demands an extensive investigation.
    I would favor such an investigation.

    Come on...You admitted that Ridge's concerns were reasonable:



    Now that you know they may have been crimes, does that change nothing in your mind?
    First you put words in Ridge's mouth and now you're doing it to Harshaw. You need to let people speak for themselves.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    The issue is about what the book does or doesn't say.
    The interviews contain extensive quotes directly from the book & have Ridge himself trying to explain them.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    First you put words in Ridge's mouth and now you're doing it to Harshaw. You need to let people speak for themselves.
    Do you speak for Harshaw now too?

  6. #66
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,585

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Now you're asking a different question than b4. Before you wanted to know what would be so bad if Ridge's initial concerns were true about political motivations for raising the threat level.
    No, I didn't.

    I accepted that it crossed his mind. I didn't say anything about it being true.


    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Seems perfectly apparent that Ridge wondered at the time if other people's reasons for raising the threat level were politically motivated.

    Accepting that as fact, that Ridge wondered this, now what?
    You have well-documented problems with reading comprehension. It involves your seeing exactly what you want to see, not what's there.



    NOW......you are asking me to PROVE Ridge's concerns were accurate, which is a whole different question & demands an extensive investigation.
    I would favor such an investigation.
    I'm asking no such thing. I said that it crossed Ridge's mind, OK, now what?


    Come on...You admitted that Ridge's concerns were reasonable:
    No. I accepted that it crossed his mind. As I said above, you read into it what you wanted to see.


    Now that you know they may have been crimes, does that change nothing in your mind?
    See above about what was in my mind re: this.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #67
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,585

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Do you speak for Harshaw now too?
    No, apparently, he's literate.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No, I didn't.

    I accepted that it crossed his mind. I didn't say anything about it being true.




    You have well-documented problems with reading comprehension. It involves your seeing exactly what you want to see, not what's there.





    I'm asking no such thing. I said that it crossed Ridge's mind, OK, now what?




    No. I accepted that it crossed his mind. As I said above, you read into it what you wanted to see.




    See above about what was in my mind re: this.
    Obviously we were discussing the significance of Ridge's concerns that politics, not nat'l security ,was the real cause of some wanting to raise the threat level.
    I explained what Ridge's concerns (not proof) would mean when I told you that if true, Ridge's guesses would have meant he was witnessing felonies.
    That's the whole point...whether these felonies can be proved is beside the point.

    If you don't have the integrity to admit that:

    1. Ridge's concern were reasonable

    2. That, if true, Bush's Sec of Defense & AG had committed felonies in that room

    Then I will simply no longer assume you have any integrity in debate, & would never admit that you may be wrong....which kinda makes the whole concept of engaging you in debate..pointless..
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-03-09 at 09:38 PM.

  9. #69
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,585

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Obviously we were discussing the significance of Ridge's concerns that politics, not nat'l security ,was the real cause of some wanting to raise the threat level.
    I explained what Ridge's concerns (not proof) would mean when I told you that if true, Ridge's guesses would have meant he was witnessing felonies.
    That's the whole point...whether these felonies can be proved is beside the point.
    Obviously, I told you in plain language exactly what I was discussing. Whatever you chose to read into it, for whatever reason, is not my problem. I will not say simply what you want me to say. Which leads me to . . .


    If you don't have the integrity to admit that:

    1. Ridge's concern were reasonable
    "Integrity" leads me to conclude that 1) there was no evidence to back up his concern, and 2) he himself says too much is being made out of it, and that nothing inappropriate took place, so it must not have been a very powerful concern.

    I get that for you, for whom all Republicans are guilty of every possible crime until proven innocent, that's not only a "reasonable" concern, but an absolutely damning one. But as I said above . . . that's only in your mind.



    Then I will simply no longer assume you have any integrity in debate, & would never admit that you may be wrong....which kinda makes the whole concept of engaging you in debate..pointless..
    YOU have NO standing to impugn ANYONE'S integrity and/or honesty when it comes to debate. I can't help it that you can't win, but it's absolutely not because I'm dishonest. It's because I don't say outrageous, stupid, indefensible things.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    but it's absolutely not because I'm dishonest. It's because I don't say outrageous, stupid, indefensible things.

    Can you post links to any debate here where you admit you are wrong?
    (I have admitted many mistakes...Do you?)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •