1. Every time Holder/Obama bring up the CIA, which is about once a month, periodically, Dick the Darth comes back out of his cave to kick a little more Rushmore butt
2. This weekend he's going on FNS (Gibbs should never have declared war on the cable giant) to denigrate the deleterious POLITICAL motives of this crass administration in seeking to PROSECUTE those the rest of the nation, far less partisan than this petty minded president, are more inclined to THANK
3. In other words, CHENEY WANTS THIS, he's been trying to get these documents before the public since he left office
4. BRING IT ON!
5. Because, bottom line, when it comes to NATIONAL SECURITY, whatever the last White House did WORKED
6. Not a single large scale act of terror, not even a little bombing of a Straw Hat pizza parlor
7. And there's no DEBATE about that
8. Which, considering the WILL of our wild-eyed enemies, as well as the relative ease with which those who would KILL can cravenly attack, any time, anywhere, compared to the far more demanding job of PROTECTING every American every day, is really rather miraculously impressive
9. According to the VERY DOCUMENTS Holder intends to use to make his ridiculous charges, the techniques employed by the Bush administration were across the board effective
10. The controversy, reserved only to the purely partisan, is that our methods were too extreme
11. And the instances this tiny, tinny team of tattlers point to as the WORST examples of abuse are---THREATS never acted upon, POWER TOOLS never employed, the BLOWING of second hand cigarette smoke...
13. I mean, POLITICALLY---LOL!
14. Carville's consummately correct---totally "terrible politics"
15. ALL these charges have ALREADY been investigated by Virginia prosectuors, most of them more than once
16. NONE active were found to warrant action
17. AMERICA herself has been down this dusty old road ad tedium
18. More and more, this silly sally by Holder/Obama can be seen as a sop to the sullen LEFT which is still all pissy about the loss of its precious public option
19. The president tries to forestall revolt with this half-step measure, leaning only on Langley's lowest
20. Which, that's not gonna work either
21. When health care is canned in Pelosi's Place in the Autumn, except all hell to come howling
22. Now that the White House has acted, it wont want to discuss this question anymore
23. Cheney and HIS friends, in contrast, are gonna be talking non stop about THIS special prosecutor, people like The profoundly experienced Prof will put up POINTS
24. Because this issue for Obama is a LOSER
25. Cheney claims Enhanced Interrogation prevented attacks
26. It's also known that the waterboarding of Abu Zubaydah led to the arrest of Khalid Sheikh Muhammad, mastermind of 9-11
27. Normal Americans outside this really weird White House have no sympathy for Al Qaeda leadership
28. The most INCOMPETENT politician at the national level America has ever seen gets his skinny ass spanked over his signature health care, so changes the subject to another LOSER just as large
Cheney: Obama Team Should Be Debriefing CIA Interrogators, Not Investigating Them - Political News - FOXNews.com
Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Friday said the Obama administration should be debriefing CIA interrogators about keeping the country safe rather than trying to punish them for doing their jobs.
In an exclusive interview taped to air this weekend on "FOX News Sunday," Cheney called the Justice Department probe of interrogators an "outrageous political act" that will do long-term damage to the United States' capacity to protect the country.
"We had a track record now of eight years of defending the nation against any further mass casualty attacks from al Qaeda. The approach of the Obama administration should be to come to those people who were involved in that policy and say, 'How did you do it? What were the keys to keeping this country safe over that period of time?'" Cheney said.
"Instead, they're out there now threatening to disbar the lawyers who gave us the legal opinions -- threatening contrary to what the president originally said. They're going to go out and investigate the CIA personnel who carried out those investigations," Cheney added.
Last week, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said he was appointing a special prosecutor to look at data obtained about enhanced interrogation techniques to determine whether criminal acts were committed. The data are the same previously reviewed by career prosecutors in the Eastern District of Virginia, where the CIA is headquartered. The data led to one arrest and conviction.
The former vice president for months has demanded the CIA release materials to show the effectiveness of harsh tactics in enabling interrogators to get information used to thwart planned attacks.
This week, the CIA's inspector general released a declassified report on the use of enhanced interrogation tactics. The report said that CIA agents got valuable information but critics insist the results did not justify the methods.
Watch the entire interview with former Vice President Dick Cheney on "FOX News Sunday," airing at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. ET on FOX News Channel. Check local listings for "FOX News Sunday" airing on FOX networks.