Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 322

Thread: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Do you have information regarding the "CIA outing plame to the cuban government" as you claim?
    "In a second compromise, officials said a more recent inadvertent disclosure resulted in references to Mrs. Plame in confidential documents sent by the CIA to the U.S. Interests Section of the Swiss Embassy in Havana.

    The documents were supposed to be sealed from the Cuban government, but intelligence officials said the Cubans read the classified material and learned the secrets contained in them, the officials said."


    CIA officer named prior to column - Washington Times

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Ah....You are now asking me to PROVE my case without benefit of a thorough investigation to uncover the facts.
    Um the investigation is into the treatment of detainees not the other crimes which you are alleging Cheney committed. It seems to me that if you are making these accusations that you would have some sort of evidence that led you to believe this.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Good......I take it that you fully back the idea of AG Holder investigating these things then.

    We are in agreement!!
    Whatever's clever. But no one is talking about investigating the other crimes Cheney allegedly committed, the investigation is into the treatment of detainees, I'm just wondering what crime is being investigated to begin with, or perhaps the Obama administration doesn't believe in the prohibition of ex post facto prosecution.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Whatever's clever. But no one is talking about investigating the other crimes Cheney allegedly committed, the investigation is into the treatment of detainees, I'm just wondering what crime is being investigated to begin with, or perhaps the Obama administration doesn't believe in the prohibition of ex post facto prosecution.
    I'm talking about right now. There is enough "Probable Cause" right now, that I feel comfortable that I would be able to obtain search warrants from a U.S. Magistrate to uncover more evidence of Cheney's other crimes. (all that is needed is the political will to do the right thing)

    Let me ask you flat out:
    Are you against investigating possible criminal violations committed by the former VP?
    If so, why?
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-31-09 at 10:21 PM.

  5. #75
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I'm talking about right now. There is enough "Probable Cause" right now, that I feel comfortable that I would be able to obtain search warrants from a U.S. Magistrate to uncover more evidence of Cheney's other crimes. (all that is needed is the political will to do the right thing)

    Let me ask you flat out:
    Are you against investigating possible criminal violations committed by the former VP?
    If so, why?
    What would you use as probable cause? Don't forget, you have to be specific to get a warrant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What would you use as probable cause? Don't forget, you have to be specific to get a warrant.
    There are tons of pieces of evidence (on many different crimes) that any Magistrate would find compelling enough to simply issue a search warrant. Very little evidence needs to be produced...as long as it appears reasonable to the Magistrate.
    I have applied for & served thousands of such warrants.


    Example:

    Restraint Of Trade:

    The fact that in 2001 Dick Cheney chaired a secret Energy task force meeting of top oil company execs & gasoline/home heating prices skyrocketed right after those meetings.
    The Bush/Cheney regime has fought release of the minutes of those meetings for 8 years.
    [Google Cheney Energy Task Force 2001
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-31-09 at 10:43 PM.

  7. #77
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Example:

    Restraint Of Trade:

    The fact that in 2001 Dick Cheney chaired an Energy task force of top oil company execs & gasoline/hoe heating prices skyrocketted right after those meetings.
    The Bush/Cheney regime has fought release of the minutes of those meetings for 8 years.
    [Google Cheney Energy Task Force 2001

    This is a crime, you say? Which law has been broken?

    Maybe you should re-take the warrant serving class?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This is a crime, you say? Which law has been broken?

    Maybe you should re-take the warrant serving class?
    You asked me what evidence I would present to a Magistrate in application for a search warrant.
    I answered you & the fact that you know nothing about applications for & the granting of search warrants is quite evident from your response. I suggest you stick with subjects you have some knowledge of.
    (The fact that the meetings were secret & .....right after the meetings prices shot up...across the board ....& the fact that Cheney has been fighting in court for years to keep them secret makes one wonder...What is he hiding? What was decided at those meeting?

    More than enough PC for a warrant.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-31-09 at 10:51 PM.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    There are tons of pieces of evidence (on many different crimes) that any Magistrate would find compelling enough to simply issue a search warrant. Very little evidence needs to be produced...as long as it appears reasonable to the Magistrate.
    I have applied for & served thousands of such warrants.


    Example:

    Restraint Of Trade:

    The fact that in 2001 Dick Cheney chaired an Energy task force of top oil company execs & gasoline/hoe heating prices skyrocketted right after those meetings.
    The Bush/Cheney regime has fought release of the minutes of those meetings for 8 years.
    [Google Cheney Energy Task Force 2001
    Um the energy task force was not comprised of top oil company executives, it met with those executives, imagine that, a task force tasked with developing a national energy policy met with energy industry executives.

    Furthermore; what would Cheney stand to gain from energy price hiking? If anything it would hurt the political capital of the Bush administration.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Um the energy task force was not comprised of top oil company executives, it met with those executives,
    So now we're debating "Comprised of" vs "Met With"???


    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    what would Cheney stand to gain from energy price hiking? .

    I don't know....Maybe millions of dollars?!? (Cheney came from the oil industry, remember?)


    Bottom line is there isn't a U.S. Magistrate in this country who wouldn't issue a search warrant based on just that info.

    So I answered your question.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-31-09 at 10:57 PM.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •