Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 322

Thread: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

  1. #291
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    It is not a fact. A fact is not open to interpretation unlike your so-called givens.
    Its a GIVEN in a HYPOTHETICAL.
    So, for the purposes of that hypothetical, it IS a fact.

    This is what you fail to understand, and why your argument fails.

    Really, it doesnt get any more plain than that; at this point, your failure to understand MUST be willful, and as such, there's no sense in going further.

  2. #292
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I would put my views in the same column as Kucinich. However, sometimes he is to the right of me.
    That is a scary thing.

    That is the ODD thing about Kucinich where some things I am agreement with him; he was actually against all the stimulus spending and deficits. That is why it is hard for me to not respect the guy even though he can be a whack job on some issues.

  3. #293
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Its a GIVEN in a HYPOTHETICAL.
    So, for the purposes of that hypothetical, it IS a fact.

    This is what you fail to understand, and why your argument fails.

    Really, it doesnt get any more plain than that; at this point, your failure to understand MUST be willful, and as such, there's no sense in going further.
    Once again a given is set in stone its not open to interpretation as I have stated repeatedly. An "assumed fact" as you call it is not open to interpretation. Assumption #2 is open to interpretation making it neither a given or a fact. A fact doesn't change based on an argument you're trying to make. A fact is a fact. Now you're trying to redefine facts according to your own personal opinion. This is what apbst got nailed for in another topic, stating an opinion and claiming it as FACT.

    Again you're claiming things that are not to be factual when they're not. At least be honest with yourself and admit your hypothetical was based on your own personal opinion and not on fact.

  4. #294
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Once again a given is set in stone its not open to interpretation as I have stated repeatedly.
    Yes. And yet you continue to try to interpret the given.

    Your failure to understand is clearly willfull, and as such, there's no sense in going further.

  5. #295
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yes. And yet you continue to try to interpret the given.

    Your failure to understand is clearly willfull, and as such, there's no sense in going further.
    If it was a given it wouldn't be open to interpretation. Once again a given is not variable in its interpretation that would make it a variable. A given is set in stone and is a fact.

    There's nothing to understand you're trying to claim your personal interjection in your hypothetical is a given when it is not. There's no sense in going further because you don't understand how to make a hypothetical.

  6. #296
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    If it was a given it wouldn't be open to interpretation.
    Your failure to understand is clearly willfull, and as such, there's no sense in going further.

  7. #297
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Your failure to understand is clearly willfull, and as such, there's no sense in going further.
    And its abundantly clear when you state the preceeding you are entirely talking about yourself and your failure to even know how to hypothecize. Calling things that are givens that are not, calling something a fact when its debateable. Its obvious you were trying to bring partisan hackery into this and couldn't even cover your tracks correctly

  8. #298
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    And its abundantly clear when you state the preceeding you are entirely talking about yourself and your failure to even know how to hypothecize. Calling things that are givens that are not, calling something a fact when its debateable. Its obvious you were trying to bring partisan hackery into this and couldn't even cover your tracks correctly
    Your failure to understand is clearly willfull, and as such, there's no sense in going further.

  9. #299
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Your failure to understand is clearly willfull, and as such, there's no sense in going further.
    Your repeating of the same line doesn't make your position anymore valid than the first time you posted it

  10. #300
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Your repeating of the same line doesn't make your position anymore valid than the first time you posted it
    Your failure to understand is clearly willfull, and as such, there's no sense in going further.

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •