Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 322

Thread: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    This coming from someone who apparently thinks The_Limit is rational; that is truly ironic.
    Your personal insults do not impress me.

  2. #262
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Are you desperately attempting to argue that Bush Jr. created conditions for allowing 9-11 to happen in a desperate bid to avoid answering the valid question posed by Goobie?
    That's not what I said. Goober is posing a logical fallacy based on his own opinion there's nothing valid about a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. The reason I asked the question in the similiar vein that he did is because when Bush took office he cut counterterrorism programs, called off the teams tracking bin laden, threw out the counterterrorism report and virtually ignored al-qaida. So under his questioning was Bush responsible for creating the conditions allowing for 9/11?

  3. #263
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You may wish to look up the definition of "rationalizing."
    You may want to look up logic while you're at it. This wasn't a rationalization its called context and how it applies

  4. #264
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    This coming from someone who apparently thinks The_Limit is rational; that is truly ironic.
    You being a birther I don't think you have any ground to stand on when determining who is rational and who isn't

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I may be a lot of things....but one thing I am not is hypocritical and/or intellectually dishonest.

    You can call me extremely left-wing partisan.....you can say that sometimes I say stupid things that I later regret saying....but I am definitely not hypocritical or ID.
    So you do not believe that it is being a hypocrite or intellectually dishonest to claim that Bush should have raised taxes instead of cutting them and irresponsibly spent us into a deficit, regardless of the realities and merits at the time, but you support an Administration that has willfully spent the next two generations into a $1.8 trillion deficit without a single debate as to how to pay for it?

    You do not believe it is being a hypocrite or intellectually dishonest to rail about Bush fighting a war that was voted FOR in a bi-partisan fashion but ignores the FACT that Obama has continued that operation when he promised to end the war in Iraq and pull our troops out?

    I am sorry, but I think you should look up the term "rationalizing" in the dictionary if you think that you have been intellectually honest dealing with Palin, Bush or anyone else you have demagogue with hyperbolic rhetoric and fabricated facts.

    You support a political ideology that is based on hypocrisy and denigrating its political opponents with divisive partisan rhetoric, hyperbolic bile and with lies and distortions.

    I am stunned that you can even sit there and type such nonsense and not at least be slightly embarrassed by it. I believe that the fact that even if you claim you never made such comments, just remaining silent on the issue suggests that you found it “okay.”

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    That's not what I said. Goober is posing a logical fallacy based on his own opinion there's nothing valid about a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. The reason I asked the question in the similiar vein that he did is because when Bush took office he cut counterterrorism programs, called off the teams tracking bin laden, threw out the counterterrorism report and virtually ignored al-qaida. So under his questioning was Bush responsible for creating the conditions allowing for 9/11?
    Once again, your desperate and nonsensical assertions aside, what part of POST 9-11 do you not get?

    How can anyone compare the actions pre-9-11 to those being taken now.

    Obama has the benefit of the lessons supposedly learned from 9-11; the question has merit and begs an honest response. If post 9-11 our political actions result in another attack, are you going to blame the Obama Administration?

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    You being a birther I don't think you have any ground to stand on when determining who is rational and who isn't
    Claiming someone is a “birther” in a vacuum of reality or the facts speaks volumes for your inability to structure a coherent argument.

    Please share with me how I am a "birther" and how that makes my comments less relevant.

  8. #268
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You're pardoned.

    You -are- familiar with 'what would you do if...?' scenarios, yes?

    I set up an hypothetical, with a certain set of assumed facts.
    Under those assumed facts, I asked what you would do.

    Nothing more, nothing less.
    Seems like a waste of time. Discussing hypotheticals hardly accomplishes anything.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #269
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    So you do not believe that it is being a hypocrite or intellectually dishonest to claim that Bush should have raised taxes instead of cutting them and irresponsibly spent us into a deficit, regardless of the realities and merits at the time, but you support an Administration that has willfully spent the next two generations into a $1.8 trillion deficit without a single debate as to how to pay for it?

    You do not believe it is being a hypocrite or intellectually dishonest to rail about Bush fighting a war that was voted FOR in a bi-partisan fashion but ignores the FACT that Obama has continued that operation when he promised to end the war in Iraq and pull our troops out?

    I am sorry, but I think you should look up the term "rationalizing" in the dictionary if you think that you have been intellectually honest dealing with Palin, Bush or anyone else you have demagogue with hyperbolic rhetoric and fabricated facts.

    You support a political ideology that is based on hypocrisy and denigrating its political opponents with divisive partisan rhetoric, hyperbolic bile and with lies and distortions.

    I am stunned that you can even sit there and type such nonsense and not at least be slightly embarrassed by it. I believe that the fact that even if you claim you never made such comments, just remaining silent on the issue suggests that you found it “okay.”
    1. If I had ever made such claims, then yes, that would be hypocritical, but I never made such claims.

    2. I was as against the Democrats that voted in favor of invading Iraq as I am against Bush and the Republicans. I have been against our involvement in Iraq from day 1 and I am not happy with Obama's progress towards getting us out. I am giving Obama a little time, in that he didn't campaign on the idea that he would pull our troops out the first day he took office, but about the year mark that Obama is in office, if he hasn't pulled out our troops, you can bet that I'm going to be criticizing his efforts as well.

    3. As far as Palin - Yes...absolutely I definitely criticized her, but criticism is not intellectual dishonesty. I was never part of the "I can see Alaska from my house" crowd. I don't think anything I wrote about Palin could be deemed intellectually dishonest. My criticism was based on her policies and the fact that personally I was scared to death to think that she would be a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

    4. As far as remaining silent - True...I didn't really speak out against some of the most outrageous claims, but I haven't had much to say on the other side either. I try to stay away from the "Birther" arguments and the Obama is a Communist/Socialist wackos. I did get sucked in recently with the whole education speech because it was so outrageous in my mind and I found it fascinating that some people actually were trying to argue that the President shouldn't speak to kids about education.

    Again....I'm about as left-wing as you can get....but it doesn't mean that I adopt some of the leftist fringe that is beyond me.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #270
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Once again, your desperate and nonsensical assertions aside, what part of POST 9-11 do you not get?

    How can anyone compare the actions pre-9-11 to those being taken now.

    Obama has the benefit of the lessons supposedly learned from 9-11; the question has merit and begs an honest response. If post 9-11 our political actions result in another attack, are you going to blame the Obama Administration?
    Again you're being dishonest as Goober was being. There is no proof that torture has stopped terrorist plots so his question was offbase. What lessons did we learn from 9/11? Not to sit on your hands when your subordinates hand you information stating bin laden determined to strike in the united states. No his question had no merit as it is based on a personal opinion that somehow the torture program has stopped terrorism when it hasnt as the Embassy in Iraq was attacked

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •