Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 322

Thread: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

  1. #251
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You've got such a hard-on for me (and Stinger) that you dont even know what that term means -- made even more amazing in that YOU coined it!

    Now, go be irrelevant somewhere else -- you shan't find it difficult to do.
    Sorry Goob....once again you are wrong. I wish I could take credit for coining the phrase....but alas...it wasn't I.

    However, you do the dance every bit as good as Stinger did.

    But don't take it personally G-man....I enjoy finding people who are being hypocritcal and/or intellectually dishonest and pointing it out....just a hobby.
    Last edited by disneydude; 09-08-09 at 05:51 PM.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #252
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You're pardoned.

    You -are- familiar with 'what would you do if...?' scenarios, yes?
    What would you do for a klondike bar? Create a hypothetical based on a logical fallacy and spend several threads denying it was a logical fallacy...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I set up an hypothetical, with a certain set of assumed facts.
    Under those assumed facts, I asked what you would do.
    A fact isn't open to intepretation like your personal interjection is. Thus far it cannot be proven that Bush's torture program stopped any plots and thus far failed to stop the embassy bombing in Iraq. So again if it was a fact it wouldn't be so easy to disprove.


    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Nothing more, nothing less.

    Now, I dont really care if you asnwer the question, or not -- but arguing against the question itself denotes a desire to NOT answer the question because it presents you with choices you don't like, and because of it, an irrepressible urge to NOT simply leave the question alone.
    The question itself is based on failed logic. You're committing an ad hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. I know you still don't understand what that means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Perhaps English isnt your first language?
    If not, then I cannot explain your inability to understand the language in its plain state, but as it IS in its plain state, the fault lies with the reader, not the author.
    Perhaps its not yours? Still making those fallacies.

  3. #253
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Says he who has been throwing about haughty terms that do not apply, and who continues to lack the honesty to admit it.
    Haughty terms? You don't even know what the word "fact" means. Its not my fault if you don't understand how an ad hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacy applies to your fault logical question. You're being dishonest Goobie since you first asked that question and interjected your own opinion and tried to call it a given then an assumed fact

  4. #254
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,434

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Thanks!!

    What color singing fish would you suggest?
    For you?

    This one is pretty cool looking.

    Thank you

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    For you?

    This one is pretty cool looking.

    Only took you about a month to come up with that one, eh?

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Did you blame Bush Jr for creating conditions for allowing 9/11 to happen?
    Are you desperately attempting to argue that Bush Jr. created conditions for allowing 9-11 to happen in a desperate bid to avoid answering the valid question posed by Goobie?

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    I got a question about Albright's quote in 1999 do you have the full quote? I notice its truncated by the elipses. Also you seem to not understand the context. Notice the gap between most of the quotes leading up to 1998 and 2001. There's a three year gap almost in the quotes. Did it mean somehow he just stopped being a threat? Also most of the quotes were before the 1998 december bombing of Iraq and the rest were during the buildup to the war. Most of the intelligence was only given to select members of congress and as shown by the NIE conflicting agencies gave different information contradicting the claims that Saddam had WMDs members of congress were not informed about those contradictions. Also both Condi and Powell stated in 2002 that Saddam was contained and had no WMDs. Were both of them lying then or after?
    You may wish to look up the definition of "rationalizing."

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Goober is trying to sound intellectual. If this was an academic debate he wouldn't be using logical fallacies and claiming his own interjections to be "assumed facts"
    This coming from someone who apparently thinks The_Limit is rational; that is truly ironic.

  9. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sorry Goob....once again you are wrong. I wish I could take credit for coining the phrase....but alas...it wasn't I.

    However, you do the dance every bit as good as Stinger did.

    But don't take it personally G-man....I enjoy finding people who are being hypocritcal and/or intellectually dishonest and pointing it out....just a hobby.
    Then you must spend an awful lot of time in front of the mirror.... pointing.

  10. #260
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Then you must spend an awful lot of time in front of the mirror.... pointing.
    I may be a lot of things....but one thing I am not is hypocritical and/or intellectually dishonest.

    You can call me extremely left-wing partisan.....you can say that sometimes I say stupid things that I later regret saying....but I am definitely not hypocritical or ID.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •