Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 322

Thread: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

  1. #231
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    No you're making an opinion based claim...
    I'm not claiming anything. That's the part you dont understand.

    I'm setting a stage by presenting an assumption that set of circumstances extsis, and then asking for your reaction to same.

    Given that, NONE of your objections are valid.

    All you want to do is avoid answering the question.

  2. #232
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'm not claiming anything. That's the part you dont understand.

    I'm setting a stage by presenting an assumption that set of circumstances extsis, and then asking for your reaction to same.

    Given that, NONE of your objections are valid.

    All you want to do is avoid answering the question.
    Yes you are making a claim. I bolded the part where you interjected your own opinion. You're setting up a logical fallacy. Its not a set of circumstances that exists because the bolded part you have been unable to prove. Keep running around in circles here if you want. My objections are plenty valid. You throw up something based on a logical fallacy and avoid my original questions and then bitch about it

  3. #233
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Yes you are making a claim.
    Setting the givens in a hypothetical is not making a claim, and so your objection remians invalid.

    All your whining notwithstanding, it all boils dont to you not -wanting- to answer the question.

  4. #234
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Setting the givens in a hypothetical is not making a claim, and so your objection remians invalid.

    All your whining notwithstanding, it all boils dont to you not -wanting- to answer the question.
    Givens are fixed and not open to interpretation. Your "given" in bold is your person interjection. My objection to your logical fallacy is valid. There's no question to answer its based on a logical fallacy.

  5. #235
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Givens are fixed and not open to interpretation.
    -I- know that.
    YOU seem to have the problem with that notion, as you have done nothing -but- argue against those givens.

    Setting the givens in a hypothetical is not making a claim, and so your objection remians invalid.

    All your whining notwithstanding, it all boils dont to you not -wanting- to answer the question.

  6. #236
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Sorry...no. That was based on Neocon lies so they are excused. (like shooting fish in a barrel here...Thanks@!)
    Oh, man. I'm embarrassed for you after that post.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Oh, man. I'm embarrassed for you after that post.
    You'll get over it.

  8. #238
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    -I- know that.
    YOU seem to have the problem with that notion, as you have done nothing -but- argue against those givens.

    Setting the givens in a hypothetical is not making a claim, and so your objection remians invalid.

    All your whining notwithstanding, it all boils dont to you not -wanting- to answer the question.
    I'm not the one having a problem with the definition of a given. You made an interjection of opinion with the bolded part claiming "that it was shown to be prevented by bush policies". This is not a given but your personal opinion. My objection is valid. There's not a valid question to answer as its based on an ad hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacy. I'm sorry if you don't understand what that means.

  9. #239
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    I'm not the one having a problem with the definition of a given.
    Yes. You are.
    You made an interjection of opinion...
    No. I did not. Thus, your argument fails.

    Now, answer the question.

  10. #240
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yes. You are.
    Nope you're claiming your statement about the chance that another attack would be stopped because of Bush's torture policies is a given is incorrect. That's not a given its an interjection of your own opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No. I did not. Thus, your argument fails.
    Yeah you did the argument stands. You don't seem to understand what a logical fallacy is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Now, answer the question.
    You never answered my question before you jumped in with your logical fallacy.

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •