Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 322

Thread: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

  1. #171
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Sure it was, it explained why your premise is flawed. Your whole question relies on something unprovable being proven.
    Further evidence that you arent paying attention.

  2. #172
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'm not arguing anything -- I'm setting up a hypothetical, with givens and then asking a question regarding that hypotherical.

    One of the givens is that the hypothetical attack WOULD have been stoipped by the policies in question, and was allowed to happen BECAUSE the policies did not stop them. Since there's no way for you to argue that such a thing is impossible, there's no falacy in that given.

    So, stop dodging the question.
    I'm not dodging the question anymore than you're dodging my questions and my initial question. Oh so now you're setting up a hypothetical. So since we're dealing in hypotethicals. Would you care to rephrase your question?

    Okay so not only are you giving a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy but now you're asserting me to prove a negative. You're trying now to get me to prove something is impossible before you prove something to be possible. Again your whole hypotethical is reliant upon B being caused by A. A given is something established as proven. Your whole argument is filled with logical fallacies

  3. #173
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    I'm not dodging the question anymore than you're dodging my questions and my initial question.
    You are, You're simply trying to come up with a way to not have to answer it, by arguing the givens and putting up her herrings.
    Those, most assuredly, are dodges.

    Oh so now you're setting up a hypothetical.
    Now?
    Its -always- been that way.

    If The Obama Administration reverses/ceases the Bush Administration counter-terrorism efforts under contention, and a there is terrorist attack that would have been stopped through the continuation of those efforts, will you blame The Obama for creating the conditions that allowed said attack to happen?
    So, stop dodging and answer the the question.

    Okay so not only are you giving a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy but now you're asserting me to prove a negative. You're trying now to get me to prove something is impossible before you prove something to be possible. Again your whole hypotethical is reliant upon B being caused by A. A given is something established as proven. Your whole argument is filled with logical fallacies
    You either dont know what these things are or you arent paying attentiuon -- as NONE of them apply.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 09-02-09 at 05:38 PM.

  4. #174
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You are, You're simply trying to come up with a way to not have to answer it, by arguing the givens and putting up her herrings.
    Those, most assuredly, are dodges.
    I'm not dodging you're asking an illogical question. You're asking me to prove something impossible without you proving it possible yourself. I'm not coming up with ways not to answer I've left that to you. You're not "giving" any givens. Givens can be proven thus far you've failed to prove your givens.


    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Now?
    Its -always- been that way.
    Yes now you're trying to back away from your illogical question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So, stop dodging and answer the the question.
    Ask a question that's based in some form of logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    If The Obama Administration reverses/ceases the Bush Administration counter-terrorism efforts under contention, and a there is terrorist attack that would have been stopped through the continuation of those efforts, will you blame The Obama for creating the conditions that allowed said attack to happen?
    There is your post hoc ergo propter hoc right there. You're making an assumption right there by your own personal opinion that attacks have been or would be stopped through the continued use of torture but have not proved that any attacks have been stopped through such means. Again you're using a logical fallacy. It's not my fault if you don't understand how they apply. I've made it pretty damned clear already.
    Last edited by PogueMoran; 09-02-09 at 05:44 PM.

  5. #175
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    I'm not dodging...
    That's ALL you have done, as anyone that reads the thread with any degree of interest or comprehnesion of the english language will conclude.

    And, as this is all you will continue to do, there's no point in continuing.

    If you didnt want to answer the question, all you had to do was not reply.

  6. #176
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    That's ALL you have done, as anyone that reads the thread with any degree of interest or comprehnesion of the english language will conclude.

    And, as this is all you will continue to do, there's no point in continuing.

    If you didnt want to answer the question, all you had to do was not reply.
    Run around in circles. You ask a question based on a logical fallacy then claim I'm dodging the question because you made a flawed hypotetical. I understand the english language perfectly clear, enough with the personal attack.

    Its obvious you want to continue the partisan hackery as you failed to answer the question I first posed before you started with the fallacies or any of the related questions.

    Just to give you an idea of what this means. From the book With Good Reason by S. Morris Engel: "More and more young people are attending high schools and colleges today than ever before. Yet there is more juvenile delinquency and more alienation among the young. This makes it clear that these young people are being corrupted by their education."
    Last edited by PogueMoran; 09-02-09 at 05:50 PM.

  7. #177
    Student LowRevs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Downeast in NC
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    272

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Run around in circles. You ask a question based on a logical fallacy then claim I'm dodging the question because you made a flawed hypotetical. I understand the english language perfectly clear, enough with the personal attack.

    Its obvious you want to continue the partisan hackery as you failed to answer the question I first posed before you started with the fallacies or any of the related questions.

    Just to give you an idea of what this means. From the book With Good Reason by S. Morris Engel: "More and more young people are attending high schools and colleges today than ever before. Yet there is more juvenile delinquency and more alienation among the young. This makes it clear that these young people are being corrupted by their education."
    I've read both sides of this discussion and you are the one guilty of partisan hackery and dodging questions by a continued whining about the Bush presidency. I haven't been entirely happy with a president since Bush I. The current bozo is absolutely the worst and possibly the most dangerous to our way of life and therefore should be the topic of this discussion. "Breaking News" is not a history forum!
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.--Thomas Jefferson

  8. #178
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by LowRevs View Post
    I've read both sides of this discussion and you are the one guilty of partisan hackery and dodging questions by a continued whining about the Bush presidency. I haven't been entirely happy with a president since Bush I. The current bozo is absolutely the worst and possibly the most dangerous to our way of life and therefore should be the topic of this discussion. "Breaking News" is not a history forum!

    I'm whining about the bush administration? Really? I asked him a fair question if he felt the same way when our embassy in Iraq was attacked and if it was because of our torture program or not. So once again I asked the same kind of question he asked. His question was based on a logical fallacy meant to bring the subject off topic. Again the laws against torture were broken plain and simple. Rev it's hard to take you seriously when you think beck and Hannity are credible sources. What next worldnetdaily, john birch society and stormfront?

  9. #179
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Run around in circles. You ask a question based on a logical fallacy...
    The point you (willingly) refuse to get is that there is no logical fallacy in my question.

  10. #180
    Student LowRevs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Downeast in NC
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    272

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    I'm whining about the bush administration? Really? I asked him a fair question if he felt the same way when our embassy in Iraq was attacked and if it was because of our torture program or not. So once again I asked the same kind of question he asked. His question was based on a logical fallacy meant to bring the subject off topic. Again the laws against torture were broken plain and simple. Rev it's hard to take you seriously when you think beck and Hannity are credible sources. What next worldnetdaily, john birch society and stormfront?
    You tried to make a point that an individual attack in a war zone during an ongoing seven year conflict was because we got too harsh during an interrogation. Just an absurd assertion. What's happening now is that the democrats are attacking the CIA to deflect from the health care debacle. They've already found information that supports Cheney's contention. It seems to me that any further digging is purely for the purpose of divulging classified information to our enemies, either purposefully or through unbelievable incompetence.

    Beck, Hannity, Oreilly, Cooper, Blitzer, Ratigan, Mathews, what's the difference. They all have an axe to grind and one must be wary.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.--Thomas Jefferson

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •