Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 322

Thread: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And I was right, again.

    It's a flawed premise since it requires EIT's to be more effective than conventional interrogation techniques, which is, at best, far from certain.
    I suggest you'd have better results trying to engage a flat iron in logical debate than you will with Gobbldeegookman but......knock yourself out!

  2. #152
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey look, Goobie is asking loaded questions again.
    I'm sorry you dont like the question, one where you'd have to admit that you would criticize The Obama - fortunately for you, you may one again exercise your opition to hide from the question if you want, as no one can make you answer.

    Once again, the premise of your question is flawed.
    Once again, you will not be able to show how this is true.

  3. #153
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Did you blame Bush Jr for creating conditions for allowing 9/11 to happen?
    Red herring, misdirection.
    Dont try to change the subject, answer the question.

  4. #154
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No, its not, for the reasons I explained. Your argument is only sound (and my premise is only flawed) if there is NO chance that the elimination of thse policies would allow an attack -- and there's NO way you can argue that.

    So, one more time -- please stop questioning the given and answer the question.
    Yet we still come back to how traditional interrogation methods have been proven to be more effective then enhanced methods. By using EIM, we would be letting valuable information that could have been obtained by traditional methods through our fingers. Using EIM makes our country know less, and it also makes the world hate us more for it. It's a lose-lose.

  5. #155
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    So when our embassy in Iraq was attacked was it because Bush stopped using those methods or because he was using them?
    Red herring, misdirection.
    Dont try to change the subject, answer the question.

  6. #156
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Yet we still come back to how traditional interrogation methods...
    No, what we come back to is you trying to avoid answering the question by questioning the given.

    Its called a "given" for a reason.

  7. #157
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I suggest you'd have better results trying to engage a flat iron in logical debate than you will with Gobbldeegookman but......knock yourself out!
    If there's a better example of the desert speaking to the grain of sand, I'm not aware of it...

  8. #158
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Red herring, misdirection.
    Dont try to change the subject, answer the question.
    Not misdirection or a red herring. This is related to your question. Do you feel Bush was responsible for 9/11 because he stopped clinton's counterterrorism programs?

  9. #159
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Not misdirection or a red herring. This is related to your question. Do you feel Bush was responsible for 9/11 because he stopped clinton's counterterrorism programs?
    Lets see...
    I ask a question about The Obama
    You respond by asking a question about Bush.
    Yep -- Red herring, Misdirection.

    Stop dodging and answer the question I asked.

  10. #160
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Red herring, misdirection.
    Dont try to change the subject, answer the question.
    Oh whats the matter you can't answer the question can you? So we had another attack and you didn't blame bush for it did you? So again how does your question have any relation if you can't look at the historical facts with two attacks happening on his watch plus attacks on our soldiers as well as the attack on our embassy.

    So is it because he stopped using the tactics or because of them?

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •