Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 322

Thread: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

  1. #141
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    No, because former FBI interrogator Ali Soufan has stated how not only does "enhanced interrogation" get you less information (in both quality and quantity), but it also is not an instant way of getting information.
    You're not asnwering the question, you're questioning the given.

    Your statement, above, is therefore irrelevant, as the given supposes that the continuation of the efforts WOULD HAVE stopped the attack.

    So, will you blame The Obama for creating the conditions that allowed said attack to happen?

  2. #142
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You're not asnwering the question, you're questioning the given.

    Your statement, above, is therefore irrelevant, as the given supposes that the continuation of the efforts WOULD HAVE stopped the attack.

    So, will you blame The Obama for creating the conditions that allowed said attack to happen?
    But the point is is that the very logic of your question is flawed, because in fact the continuation of the efforts would never have stopped an attack.

    I'm not answering your hypothetical, when it is not going to happen.

  3. #143
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I gotta ask...

    If The Obama Administration reverses/ceases the Bush Administration counter-terrorism efforts under contention, and a there is terrorist attack that would have been stopped through the continuation of those oefforts, will you blame The Obama for creating the conditions that allowed said attack to happen?
    Correlation does not equal causation. 9/11 happened because everything was completely ignored. They were given a plan to focus on Al-Qaida and scrapped it. They didn't keep us safe. Again as I asked before which specific plots were stopped because of torture?

  4. #144
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You're not asnwering the question, you're questioning the given.

    Your statement, above, is therefore irrelevant, as the given supposes that the continuation of the efforts WOULD HAVE stopped the attack.

    So, will you blame The Obama for creating the conditions that allowed said attack to happen?
    Did you blame Bush Jr for creating conditions for allowing 9/11 to happen?

  5. #145
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I gotta ask...

    If The Obama Administration reverses/ceases the Bush Administration counter-terrorism efforts under contention, and a there is terrorist attack that would have been stopped through the continuation of those oefforts, will you blame The Obama for creating the conditions that allowed said attack to happen?
    Hey look, Goobie is asking loaded questions again. Once again, the premise of your question is flawed. Once again, you will accuse any one of not answering it of dodging the question, and once again, people will wonder if you think you are being somehow clever.

  6. #146
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    But the point is is that the very logic of your question is flawed....
    No, its not. There's NO way you can argue that there will NOT be an attack because of the elimination of the Bush Adeministration policies under discussionm and so there's NO flaw is present a scenario where it happens.

    So stop questioning the given (that is, doidging the issue) and answer the question.

  7. #147
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No, its not. There's NO way you can argue that there will NOT be an attack because of the elimination of the Bush Adeministration policies under discussionm and so there's NO flaw is present a scenario where it happens.

    So stop questioning the given (that is, doidging the issue) and answer the question.
    And I was right, again.

    It's a flawed premise since it requires EIT's to be more effective than conventional interrogation techniques, which is, at best, far from certain.

  8. #148
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Correlation does not equal causation.
    Not sure how that is relevant. The question assumes the attack would have been stopped if the policies had remained in place, and so had The Obama not removed the policies, there would have been no attack.

    So, what's your asnwer?

  9. #149
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And I was right, again.
    It's a flawed premise...
    No, its not, for the reasons I explained. Your argument is only sound (and my premise is only flawed) if there is NO chance that the elimination of thse policies would allow an attack -- and there's NO way you can argue that.

    So, one more time -- please stop questioning the given and answer the question.

  10. #150
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No, its not. There's NO way you can argue that there will NOT be an attack because of the elimination of the Bush Adeministration policies under discussionm and so there's NO flaw is present a scenario where it happens.

    So stop questioning the given (that is, doidging the issue) and answer the question.

    So when our embassy in Iraq was attacked was it because Bush stopped using those methods or because he was using them?

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •