Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 322

Thread: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

  1. #131
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,117
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Now Megan Kelly educates another Democratic congressman on this call for an investigation:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKT7WAV9GAQ"]YouTube - Nadler Blasts Cheney's Outrageous Defense of Illegal Torture[/ame]

  2. #132
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Now Megan Kelly educates another Democratic congressman on this call for an investigation:

    YouTube - Nadler Blasts Cheney's Outrageous Defense of Illegal Torture
    You mean the investigation Alberto Gonzales(Bush's AG) supports?

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Gonzales is right, and that is why there has already been an investigation into the matter and no charges brought and why the current oversight committee is reviewing the matter to establish new guidelines.

    So this begs the question; why do people like you keep pretending there is anything new here to prosecute and the fact that it will be a vast waste of tax payers money and amount to nothing but another highly partisan witch hunt to impugn political opponents in the court of public opinion and set another new low standard by Democrats in politics?

  4. #134
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Gonzales is right, and that is why there has already been an investigation into the matter and no charges brought and why the current oversight committee is reviewing the matter to establish new guidelines.

    So this begs the question; why do people like you keep pretending there is anything new here to prosecute and the fact that it will be a vast waste of tax payers money and amount to nothing but another highly partisan witch hunt to impugn political opponents in the court of public opinion and set another new low standard by Democrats in politics?
    You really should read source material TD.

    “We worked very hard to establish ground rules and parameters about how to deal with terrorists,” Gonzales said in an interview with The Washington Times’ “America’s Morning News” radio show.

    “And if people go beyond that, I think it is legitimate to question and examine that conduct to ensure people are held accountable for their actions, even if it’s action in prosecuting the war on terror.”

    ...

    Gonzales said that despite the potential “chilling effect” the probe could have on CIA officers seeking intelligence during interrogations, those who went beyond permitted interrogation techniques should be investigated.
    Gonzales supports this investigation.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You really should read source material TD.



    Gonzales supports this investigation.
    I think you keep missing the point which is typical of you; it doesn't matter to me what Gonzales "thinks," the investigations were already done and are currently being done.

    According to Diane Feinstein, hardly a Conservative, she indicates that she doesn't understand Holder's reasons for this and wishes he could have held off at least until the oversight committee finished its review.

    I am amused that people who argued that Gonzales credibility is suspect because he was complicit in the AG fiasco and terror memo now want to use him to bolster their weak arguments.


  6. #136
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I think you keep missing the point which is typical of you; it doesn't matter to me what Gonzales "thinks," the investigations were already done and are currently being done.

    According to Diane Feinstein, hardly a Conservative, she indicates that she doesn't understand Holder's reasons for this and wishes he could have held off at least until the oversight committee finished its review.

    I am amused that people who argued that Gonzales credibility is suspect because he was complicit in the AG fiasco and terror memo now want to use him to bolster their weak arguments.

    Says the far right conservative quoting Feinstein to bolster his weak argument.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Says the far right conservative quoting Feinstein to bolster his weak argument.
    Nice projection; it continues to allow you to avoid facts.

    I don't need Feinstein to bolster my argument; she happens to be the chair of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence therefore her comments had relevance. But you can pretend that it is has no merit.

    Chairman – Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
    The Senate Intelligence Committee is conducting a comprehensive, bipartisan study of all aspects of CIA’s detention and interrogation program. This study includes how the program was created and operated, how it was briefed to the Congress and other parts of the Executive Branch, its compliance with guidance from the Department of Justice, and the information produced. The study is ongoing. We have reviewed thousands of documents on a number of high-value detainees, and will review the cases of all such detainees.

    The Committee’s study will continue until we complete our work, regardless of any decision by Attorney General Holder on whether to proceed to a criminal investigation. I look forward to continued cooperation with our work from the CIA and the Administration.”


    .: United States Senator Dianne Feinstein, California :: News Room :.

  8. #138
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    I gotta ask...

    If The Obama Administration reverses/ceases the Bush Administration counter-terrorism efforts under contention, and a there is terrorist attack that would have been stopped through the continuation of those oefforts, will you blame The Obama for creating the conditions that allowed said attack to happen?

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I gotta ask...

    If The Obama Administration reverses/ceases the Bush Administration counter-terrorism efforts under contention, and a there is terrorist attack that would have been stopped through the continuation of those oefforts, will you blame The Obama for creating the conditions that allowed said attack to happen?
    Your scenario is highly hypothetical; HOWEVER, it will of course be Bush's fault dontchyaknow.

    Putting my Librul hat on; you see, Bush weakened our image in the Arab world by invading a sovereign nation using lies and distortions (he fooled all them smarter Democrat dudes even though he is a moron) and therefore created the conditions for future attacks.

    Obama was merely trying to undo the damage already put into place by Bush and did not have the time to do the necessary repairs to said damage, therefore these attacks can be directly attributed to the evil Bush who took his marching orders from Darth Cheney.


  10. #140
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I gotta ask...

    If The Obama Administration reverses/ceases the Bush Administration counter-terrorism efforts under contention, and a there is terrorist attack that would have been stopped through the continuation of those oefforts, will you blame The Obama for creating the conditions that allowed said attack to happen?
    No, because former FBI interrogator Ali Soufan has stated how not only does "enhanced interrogation" get you less information (in both quality and quantity), but it also is not an instant way of getting information.

    Graham called the hearing a "political stunt," and said Democrats were trying to judge officials who - soon after the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks - "woke up one morning like most Americans and said, 'Oh my God, what's coming next.' "

    Soufan countered that his personal experience showed that the harsh interrogation techniques didn't work even when there wasn't a lot of time to prevent an attack.

    "Waiting 180 hours as part of the sleep deprivation stage is time we cannot afford to wait in a ticking bomb scenario," he said.

    Soufan said the harsh techniques were "ineffective, slow and unreliable and as a result, harmful to our efforts to defeat al Qaeda."

    Ex-FBI Interrogator: Torture "Ineffective" - CBS News

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •