Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 322

Thread: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    BULL****!!!

    A patriot honors and respects the constitution. He expanded the powers and responsibilities of the VP way beyond the scope of the constitution. He broke the law. We know that just like we know OJ murdered his wife.

    He was the de facto president in the first term. And he rolled our energy and environment policy back 50 years in back room meetings with industry cronies.

    Then, when Bush decided he was the 'decider' in the second term--Cheney went rogue with a friggin walk-in safe in his office. WTF??!! Are you kidding me Dickie boy? Your job is be ready. You job is to be the president of the senate and break a tie vote. Your job is to travel abroad and help get the message out about the President's policies. What were you hiding in that safe, Dick? Evidence of numerous overt acts. Violations of federal law that make Nixon look like a pussy.

    The night before Obama's inauguration, the very unpatriotic asshole Cheney broke his back carrying boxes of incriminating papers out the back door.
    Once again we see highly offensive, emotional hysterics and blather of people who think "because they say it is so" it is a logical substitute for reality and facts.

    It is apparent that even after the people YOU and Devil voted into office do not find anything to prosecute, you will continue to spew such offensive highly emotional hysterical claims.

    So if during the Democrats possibly short lived majorities in the Senate, Congress and Whitehouse, and after all their subsequent investigations are completed no prosecutions take place, will that be enough to end your offensive, farcical, hyperbolic and highly partisan rhetoric?

    I am thinking the answer is no and it won't take too long to prove me right.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Going by history terrorists do not stop terrorizing just because their opponents are already afraid of them. They continue the attacks every single chance they get. You don 't have to believe me. Just take a look at all the bombs that went off in civilian areas due to terrorists ever since we went to Iraq.
    Never try to confuse people spewing highly emotional hyperbole with the facts; it just falls on their deaf ears.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by dragondad View Post
    All these wingnuts that complain about "illegal alliens" and Presidential elections laws pertaining to who is "a natural born citizen" and unconstitutional power grabs by Obama.

    Most are just fine with ignoring serious lawbreaking by Cheney.

    Are there any true Conservatives in this forum?
    What irony watching people like you type about wingnuts.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    We aren't talking about the Constitutional political remedy of impeachment here. We are talking about the criminal charge of War Crimes which is a very different matter & can mean death to the convicted.

    Any wonder why Cheney wants that investigation stopped?
    (his neck is quite literally on the line)
    I know, let's get the terrorists we treated so badly to testify against Cheney and fill the jury with terrorists who have been so badly treated by our troops! After all, they are the most honest people on the planet!

    Justice for the terrorists!!

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Gotcha winning a legal battle indicates guilt, it's all clear to me.
    In this case it does.



    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    If Cheney was wrong about the right for the Executive branch to keep internal workings within the administration private then why did the appeals court agree with him?
    I believe the decision was based on a technicality & is under appeal but I compliment your argument here. It is a good one that would require some research on my part to refute your point, which was a good one.




    BTW.....Any reaction to this charge from Sen. McCain?

    Bush admin distorted McCain’s views on torture

    Raw Story Update: Bush admin distorted McCain’s views on torture
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-01-09 at 05:07 PM.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    Do any Cheney appologists ever think that maybe just maybe that Cheney does just two things in his life: 1- try to deflect any acivitythat wouldpoint to his criminal behavior while he ws VEEP; 2- Expell bird shot into his friends faces while he is"hunting"
    Yet another trite hyperbolic claim that those who defend the TRUTH and FACTS are nothing more than Cheney apologists; will you be okay then with me claiming that you are a terrorist apologist?

    Much like Devils desperate rhetoric which claims that it wasn't the terrorists and insurgents wanting to disrupt Democracy that killed those 3,000 troops, it was Bush and Cheney!

    I mean, anyone with even half a brain has to look at such blather and just shake their head in wonder.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    None of this changes the fact that he was prosecuted for waterboarding and torturing the prisoner.
    What's wrong with water-boarding prisoners?

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    US Law: 113c § 2340
    As used in this chapter—
    (1) “torture” means an act committed by a person acting under the color of law specifically intended to inflict severe physical or mental pain or suffering (other than pain or suffering incidental to lawful sanctions) upon another person within his custody or physical control;
    (2) “severe mental pain or suffering” means the prolonged mental harm caused by or resulting from—
    (A) the intentional infliction or threatened infliction of severe physical pain or suffering;
    (B) the administration or application, or threatened administration or application, of mind-altering substances or other procedures calculated to disrupt profoundly the senses or the personality;
    (C) the threat of imminent death; or
    (D) the threat that another person will imminently be subjected to death, severe physical pain or suffering, or the administration or application of mind-altering substances or other procedures calculated to disrupt profoundly the senses or personality; and
    (3) “United States” means the several States of the United States, the District of Columbia, and the commonwealths, territories, and possessions of the United States.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    US Law: 113c § 2340

    Now waterboarding is torture. The threat of being drowned to death is very real. It tricks the body into the effects of drowning by building up carbon dioxide in the lungs. The person feels the effects of drowning. So yes that would fit the definition of C and D. Also we have prosecuted waterboarding in the US and abroad.

    To give you an example in 83 a texas sheriff, James Parker and his deputies were prosecuted for waterboaring suspects to get false confessions. US Assistant Attorney Scott Woodward stated: the prisoners who were subjected to waterboarding were not "model citizens," but they were still "victims" of torture.

    The sheriff and his deputies were convicted and sent to prison.

    Waterboarding is torture plain and simple. There's nothing subjective about it we've prosecuted it and have considered it to be torture. We prosecuted one of our own soldiers for doing it to a vietcong during the war and we prosecuted the japanese for doing it.
    Once again certain members on the forum are mistaking laws for the treatment of CITIZENS within the US and the actions of the CIA on FOREIGN soil OUTSIDE of the US against non-uniformed enemy combatants.

    Now I know it is a deliberate and willful attempt to project US laws on foreign actions, but it continues to BEG the question why FACTS continue to elude your emotion filled hyperbolic blathering.

    Citing the case of a US Sheriff doesn't make your argument any more credible. Citing the OBVIOUS war crimes of the Japanese who were DEFEATED after starting a WORLD WAR hardly supports your wild eyed assertions.

    Citing the case of a US soldier who was found to have violated the Army manual hardly supports your wild eyed assertions.

    Now please explain to me what part of the actions of the CIA on FOREIGN soil OUTSIDE of the US against non-uniformed enemy combatants/terrorists with the blessing of their C in C and the benefit of legal briefings of the Attorney General suggesting the specific application of certain methods under strict supervision to ensure the safety of their captives was permitted continues to elude you?

    It also begs this logical question, however, it is readily apparent that logic does not have a place for such hyper partisan highly emotional Liberals; why are you so desperate to impugn fellow Americans who were trying to save our fellow citizens lives from further attacks after the events of 9-11?

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Again you seem to miss the other parts of the definition including threats to one's life.
    No it's the threat of imminent death IE a mock execution, if threatening one's life were a crime then one could never insinuate to a murder suspect that if they don't confess they're going to get the needle.

    The other conditions are met making it torture.
    I see no evidence for that.

    Not just extortion but civil rights violations.
    lol they are not entitled to Constitutional protections, if they were they must all be released for denying them their right to a speedy trial.

    All this stemmed from his use of waterboarding.
    Huh? The use of waterboarding =/= a mock execution nor the use of psychotropic drugs.

    You also forget that in 1898 Maj Edwin Glenn was court martialed and convicted of the crime of torture for waterboarding people in the phillippines.
    Provide the name of the case and a link to the ruling.

    None of this changes the fact that he was prosecuted for waterboarding and torturing the prisoner.
    Prove it, so far none of the sources even mention the soldier in questions name let alone the name of the court case to see what he was actually charged with, for all we know he could have been charged with conduct unbecoming, all I have seen is that he got a discharge, none of the sources even say whether it was a dishonorable discharge.

    We're talking US Law now again I posted what the US law definition of torture is and waterboarding falls into torture under our laws.
    No it doesn't as the definition is entirely subjective, I don't consider waterboarding to be severe and it certainly does not fall under the definition of a mock execution or the use of psychotropic drugs.


    And yet it was a component of it. Beatings have occured at Baghram and Gitmo along with Abu Ghraib.
    I'm aware of beatings at Abu Ghraib in which the persons responsible have received a court martial, provide evidence for the rest of your assertions.


    There have been 100 homicides that we know of with around 20 being investigated. Again just the facts.
    Prove it, in fact prove that even a single homicide of a detainee took place.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    Cheney is an intolerable liar and a pirate.
    Because you say so.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •