Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 322

Thread: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Killing everyone in the world but Americans would make America safer.
    You don't know many Americans

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    I think that those who have broken the law should be prosecuted. Cheney is one of those people. The memos that were released make this apparent. I'm curious why justice is not something people want on both sides. I know, you conservatives will tar and feather me, but it seems disingenuous after the whole Clinton thing to cry foul against people who have obviously broken the law.

    Prof, please learn to post in paragraphs.
    I guess if you take the side of the terrorists you can claim that our people broke these imaginary laws; but alas, the previous administration reviewed the laws that may or may not have been broken and guess what, the Attorney General at the time determined that it was okay to water board. Your emotional hysterics to protect the terrorists aside, what part of the OBVIOUS do you and other Liberals still not get?

    The new Administration is more than welcome to weaken our resolve and capability by announcing to the enemy that we will now only HUG them when they are captured, but attempting to go back and divine what was illegal under the previous administration is pure hyper political BS; nothing more or less.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I guess if you take the side of the terrorists you can claim that our people broke these imaginary laws;
    That's the last bit of bile that i care to read from you.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I guess my argument (favoring an investigation) boils down to two points:

    1. For those who believe that an investigation was already performed & no charges were brought, I'd remind you that said "Investigation" was performed by the very same administration that is accused of committing the crimes & is therefore meaningless. (we don't trust the accused defendant to perform the criminal investigation, of his own crimes... in this country)
    So the new low standard being once again set by Libruls and their Democrat allies is that in the future, new Administrations will re-define what is legal or criminal and prosecute their political opponents after the fact.

    After all, what is good for Democrats when they are in charge is also good for the Republicans after they are in charge right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    2. For those who think it unpatriotic/wrong to investigate employees who may have committed heinous crimes, in our country's name.....Doesn't the same thinking excuse the worst criminal regimes of all time, for the very same reason? (ie Nazi's, North Koreans, Japanese atrocities in WWII, etc)
    Once again, no one is making this claim; they are making the claim that to attempt to re-define the rules so that one can go on a political witch-hunt to impugn their political opponents in the court of public opinion using highly emotional hyperbolic blather is pretty damned stupid.

    I will make a bet with you right here and now, and whoever loses will put in their signature that they were wrong and that the other was right:

    After Holder and the Judicial Committee are done with their separate and similar investigations, no heinous crimes were committed by any CIA employees or their superiors.

    Care to take me on? Or is this just more of the typical emotional blather lacking in substance and the spine to back it up?

    This bet is open to any other hysterical Liberal on this forum making these outrageous hyperbolic claims against their countrymen on behalf of the terrorists who are still desperately wanting to murder many more of our countrymen.

    To suggest that your hyperbole constitutes anything remotely patriotic requires a level of willful ignorance I just cannot comprehend. Your hysterical claim is that hard working bureaucrats in the CIA trying to save their fellow countrymen committed heinous crimes while doing their jobs trying to keep terrorists from murdering more innocents; what parallel universe is that?

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    That's the last bit of bile that i care to read from you.
    Good, because the vast pile of bile you continue to spew on this forum and attempts to impugn good Americans trying to keep you safe will continue to be answered to by me with the FACTS.

    Carry on.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    I can't believe we are even debating over whether or not the issue at hand is debatable. Let them investigate. Unless, your scared of something.
    Like many other uninformed Liberals, you continue to pretend that this hasn't already been investigated.

    Like many other uninformed Liberals, you continue to ignore the FACT that the Judicial Committee is already conducting a fact finding search, aka Diane Feinstein.

    Like many other uninformed Liberals, you continue to ignore the rhetoric already expressed by Obama that he does not support any new investigations and now is silent on the issue for purely hyper partisan political purposes.

    Honestly, attempting a coherent debate with the highly emotional hyperbolic state of many Liberals these days is about as productive as arguing with a brick; the only difference is that a brick has substance.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    The thing that always amazes me is that the proponents of torture always say that if we stop torturing people that terrorists are going to kill tens of thousands of people and also win the war on terrorism.
    Once again we see nothing but empty headed hyperbole here; we aren't proponents of torture, but rather proponents of common sense. But as you are obviously one of those hyper emotional Liberals who would rather attack your fellow Americans for protecting and defend the terrorists trying to kill you, we expect this from you.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Fear-mongering much?
    This smacks of profound irony coming from the Liberals who hysterically are clamoring our CIA has committed heinous crimes in a vacuum of reality and the facts.


    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    The real reason Al-Queda hasn't attacked us since 9-11 is simple, thanks to the Bush Administration fear-mongering, we are still afraid of them, and we are willing to throw our morals out the window to not die at their hands. They know that attacking us won't be worth it. They won't try to attack us till we aren't afraid of them. So thank you Bush, not for torture, or Iraq, but for the true thing that made us safer, us being **** scared of Osama.
    Oh my, the denial is strong with this one. This statement speaks to all I have stated about the emotional hysterics of Liberals and their Democrat pals who operate in a parallel universe from normal people.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Not at all. The fact that he has been fighting the release of the transcriptions of those secret meetings shows he is trying to hide something, & yes....indicates guilt.
    Gotcha winning a legal battle indicates guilt, it's all clear to me.

    (if these were legitimate national energy meetings....& classified info was discussed....Why won't Cheney even let REPUBLICAN Senators (with security clearance) read the minutes of those meetings?)
    If Cheney was wrong about the right for the Executive branch to keep internal workings within the administration private then why did the appeals court agree with him?

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I disagree.

    Many Americans care about GW Bush.

    We want him to be prosecuted for the many crimes he committed in office, some directly leading to the near collapse of our economy, some war crimes (which would call for Capital Punishment) & many other crimes against both the United States & humanity in general.

    No sir........we care about GW (& D. Cheney) alright.
    This is all one needs to know about the emotional hysterics of a hyper partisan political mentality that permeates the Democrat Party these days.

    I think we are done taking anything you type as serious.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Cheney: Obama Should Be Debriefing, Not Investigating

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Carville & Obama are political beings I've spent my life enforcing criminal laws. Once the facts come out about Bush's crimes, public outrage will force the politicians to deal with them.
    I think when Senator Feinstein's committee releases its info on Bush admin crimes, the real outrage will start & some people will be going to prison.
    This is why self proclaimed political philosophy affiliations are meaningless on this forum; your tag is moderate. Now THAT is a funny thing based on your emotional hysterics.

    If you have spent your life enforcing criminal laws, I cannot imagine that you have met much success.

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •