GovTrack: S. 773: Text of Legislation, Introduced in Senate
Only copy of the bill I could find.
SEC. 201. CYBERSECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY.
(1) within 180 days after the date of enactment of this Act, shall develop and implement a comprehensive national cybersecurity strategy, which shall include—
(A) a long-term vision of the Nation’s cybersecurity future; and
( a plan that encompasses all aspects of national security, including the participation of the private sector, including critical infrastructure operators and managers;
(2) in the event of an immediate threat to strategic national interests involving compromised Federal Government or United States critical infrastructure information system or network—
(A) may declare a cybersecurity emergency; and
( may, if the President finds it necessary for the national defense and security, and in coordination with relevant industry sectors, direct the national response to the cyber threat and the timely restoration of the affected critical infrastructure information system or network;
(3) shall, in coordination with various critical infrastructure industry sectors, develop detailed cyber emergency response and restoration plans for each critical infrastructure industry sector;
(4) shall, through the appropriate department or agency, review critical functions that would be needed after a cybersecurity attack and develop a strategy for the acquisition, storage, and periodic replacement of equipment to support those functions;
(5) shall direct the periodic mapping of Federal Government and United States critical infrastructure information systems or networks, and shall develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of the mapping process;
(6) shall, through the Office of Science and Technology Policy, direct an annual review of all Federal cyber technology research and development investments;
(7) may delegate original classification authority to the appropriate Federal official for the purposes of improving the Nation’s cybersecurity posture;
(8) shall, through the appropriate department or agency, promulgate rules for Federal professional responsibilities regarding cybersecurity, and shall provide to the Congress an annual report on Federal agency compliance with those rules;
Less sinister then one would be lead to believe...
I wish some items could be clarified, but honestly - who believes the gov can take down 4chan?
I think the redraft, while improved, remains troubling due to its vagueness," said Larry Clinton, president of the Internet Security Alliance, which counts representatives of Verizon, Verisign, Nortel, and Carnegie Mellon University on its board. "It is unclear what authority Sen. Rockefeller thinks is necessary over the private sector. Unless this is clarified, we cannot properly analyze, let alone support the bill."
Representatives of other large Internet and telecommunications companies expressed concerns about the bill in a teleconference with Rockefeller's aides this week, but were not immediately available for interviews on Thursday.
Realist, one comma at a time is enough for the purposes of avoiding a run-on sentence.