Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: U.S. moves toward formal cut off of aid to Honduras

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: U.S. moves toward formal cut off of aid to Honduras

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Does that mean you are for the overthrow of Chavez, since you seem to hate all government so much?
    If his overthrow would facilitate the development of anarchism, I would be. However, considering the traditional dominance of authoritarian and corrupt rightist regimes through the region, I'd instead hold that his brand of Bolivarian socialism is preferable to the existing alternatives since it incorporates decentralized management by labor cooperatives.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    It would be like arguing with a three year old.
    I doubt it, since I don't believe they'd spend much time responding. It would instead be like a three-year old throwing a tantrum and being ignored.

    That said, I'm not surprised to see a continued lack of support for your baseless statements in this thread, not that they had any relevance to the topic at hand anyway.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: U.S. moves toward formal cut off of aid to Honduras

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate
    That said, I'm not surprised to see a continued lack of support for your baseless statements in this thread, not that they had any relevance to the topic at hand anyway.
    And yet you felt compelled to respond didn't you?

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: U.S. moves toward formal cut off of aid to Honduras

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    And yet you felt compelled to respond didn't you?
    Well, if misconceptions about Chavez among deluded rightists are so pervasive that they leak into threads unrelated to him, that's obviously a problem in need of correction.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: U.S. moves toward formal cut off of aid to Honduras

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    Well, if misconceptions about Chavez among deluded rightists are so pervasive that they leak into threads unrelated to him, that's obviously a problem in need of correction.
    Yeah, Chavez is just a sweetheart that treats even those that oppose him with fairness and dignity.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: U.S. moves toward formal cut off of aid to Honduras

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Yeah, Chavez is just a sweetheart that treats even those that oppose him with fairness and dignity.
    Well, in light of the fact that open endorsement of the violent removal of a sitting head of state that resulted in his detainment for 48 hours would probably earn U.S. journalists prison time, permission to continue operating for five years without reaction seems rather tame in comparison.

  6. #36
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: U.S. moves toward formal cut off of aid to Honduras

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Yeah, Chavez is just a sweetheart that treats even those that oppose him with fairness and dignity.
    He provides free energy to the poor on the East Coast of the USA and to the poor in his country. Something Bush tried to end because it would make him look toooooo good...
    and so it goes...

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: U.S. moves toward formal cut off of aid to Honduras

    Hahnel does elaborate on the fact that opposition to Chavez and Bolivarian socialism typically (though obviously not exclusively) stems from members of an elite class, describing a standard Venezuelan opponent as "a middle-aged white man who appeared to be the wealthiest person in his community and was active in an opposition political party."

  8. #38
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: U.S. moves toward formal cut off of aid to Honduras

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    He provides free energy to the poor on the East Coast of the USA and to the poor in his country. Something Bush tried to end because it would make him look toooooo good...
    Yeah, that was a nice bit of propaganda, until the price of oil came down and he couldn't afford to continue.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  9. #39
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: U.S. moves toward formal cut off of aid to Honduras

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Yeah, that was a nice bit of propaganda, until the price of oil came down and he couldn't afford to continue.
    Propaganda maybe, but when the price of oil was high, you didn't see Saudi or US oil corporations doing that "just because they could afford it" as you imply.
    and so it goes...

  10. #40
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: U.S. moves toward formal cut off of aid to Honduras

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    Propaganda maybe, but when the price of oil was high, you didn't see Saudi or US oil corporations doing that "just because they could afford it" as you imply.
    No more comments on ocean heat content? I was hoping for a long discussion, since you claim to believe so much in science.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •