Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: "Win One For Teddy," Say Dems

  1. #21
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: "Win One For Teddy," Say Dems

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    No matter how hard you pray for this country to fail, almost all economists see it improving. Keep praying though.
    Please prove that P/N is praying for the country to fail.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: "Win One For Teddy," Say Dems

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    Seriously Devil, why would you say that? Are republicans not effected by a bad economy? Do you really believe we all sit in leather wing back chairs smoking cuban cigars and laughing at the little schmucks out of work?

    I am most impacted by the real estate industry, and IMO as long as prices are still falling and inventory still sits there, the economy is NOT improving. And no, that doesn't make me happy. I don't care who the president is, I want things to get better.
    Because what I hear on the news is a slow but steady improvemtn in real estate prices & sales, auto sales, etc.
    Many economists think we are now out of even a recession, let alone still on the verge of another great depression.

    Unemployment changes are usually the slowest indicators.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: "Win One For Teddy," Say Dems

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    Please prove that P/N is praying for the country to fail.
    I assume that was a joke, right?

  4. #24
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: "Win One For Teddy," Say Dems

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    No matter how hard you pray for this country to fail, almost all economists see it improving. Keep praying though.
    You know first off, you don't know that P/N is praying for that. Secondly, what makes you think God would grant such a request?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: "Win One For Teddy," Say Dems

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You know first off, you don't know that P/N is praying for that. Secondly, what makes you think God would grant such a request?
    A little hyperbole......You guys really need to lighten up & stop taking yourselves so seriously.

    (we certainly don't take you seriously!)

  6. #26
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: "Win One For Teddy," Say Dems

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Because what I hear on the news is a slow but steady improvemtn in real estate prices & sales, auto sales, etc.
    Many economists think we are now out of even a recession, let alone still on the verge of another great depression.

    Unemployment changes are usually the slowest indicators.
    I never believed we were on the verge of another great depression. There's news and then there's hyperbole.

    I would like to see where you see improvement in real estate prices and sales because where you and I live, prices are still trending downward. You also must take into account (if you do see spikes which I do not) is that summer is historically a great season for real estate. To spot and understand a trend, there must be continuous, long term growth. And no, I am not praying that there isn't one. I'd rather be 100% wrong on a message board then see prices and inventory continue to stagnate (if you consider stagnation to be growth).


    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I assume that was a joke, right?
    Not at all.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: "Win One For Teddy," Say Dems

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post

    I would like to see where you see improvement in real estate prices and sales because where you and I live, prices are still trending downward. You also must take into account (if you do see spikes which I do not) is that summer is historically a great season for real estate. To spot and understand a trend, there must be continuous, long term growth.
    Yeah we all know.....The sky is still falling & will continue to do so as long as Obama sits in the WH!


    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    Not at all.
    Well...I choose to take as one.

  8. #28
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: "Win One For Teddy," Say Dems

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Yeah we all know.....The sky is still falling & will continue to do so as long as Obama sits in the WH!

    Where did I say that, Devil? I'm asking you for statistics to back up your claims, and you're making stupid comments. I already said that it doesn't matter to me who is president, so you're making a fool out of yourself.


    Well...I choose to take as one.
    Unfortunately, I'll need to take everything you posted in this thread as such. Sorry I wasted my time.
    Last edited by StandUpChuck; 08-28-09 at 12:21 PM.

  9. #29
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: "Win One For Teddy," Say Dems

    Making allegations and then saying it was all a joke....interesting.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #30
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,805
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: "Win One For Teddy," Say Dems

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Making allegations and then saying it was all a joke....interesting.
    The playbook is being followed. Remember, if all else fails, I'll be called a racist next!
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •