Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Richardson Probe 'Was Killed in Washington'

  1. #31
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Richardson Probe 'Was Killed in Washington'

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Let's say you were misidentified by an eyewitness as the rapist of an 8-yr old girl. The prosecution has a convincing case against you, regardless of the fact that you didn't do it. The mother of the rape victim wishes to keep her child out of the glare of the media, so offers you a plea bargain - privately admit your guilt to her and pay her $750,000 to make the case go away (even though the taint on your name will remain forever).

    Do you do it?
    Depends. Not sure why you think that's relevant to this issue, as it's not even remotely similar to what we're talking about. Nevertheless, the fact remains that for most people with competent counsel, it would certainly be an option worth considering.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #32
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dallas-Ft.Worth
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    541

    Re: Richardson Probe 'Was Killed in Washington'

    30 Posts and counting and not one single legal argument as to why the investigaton should continue.

    They have an unnamed source that relays it was "killed in Washington".

    Why was it "killed in Washington" assuming that is correct?

    Partisan poltics? Or not enough evidence? .............It doesn't say.

    I know! Lets just pick sides according to our own ideology and pretend that we do have knowledge of why it was killed in Washington!

  3. #33
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Richardson Probe 'Was Killed in Washington'

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Again, you obviously don't have much experience with criminal investigations. It's routine for parties to settle regardless of whether they are guilty of what they're being charged with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Let's say you were misidentified by an eyewitness as the rapist of an 8-yr old girl. The prosecution has a convincing case against you, regardless of the fact that you didn't do it. The mother of the rape victim wishes to keep her child out of the glare of the media, so offers you a plea bargain - privately admit your guilt to her and pay her $750,000 to make the case go away (even though the taint on your name will remain forever).

    Do you do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Depends.
    Just as I thought.

  4. #34
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Richardson Probe 'Was Killed in Washington'

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Just as I thought.
    I'm looking and looking and the only way that your post makes any sense is if you don't know what the word "routine" means. I don't think that's the case, so please enlighten me as to what you think you've proven.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #35
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Richardson Probe 'Was Killed in Washington'

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Let's say you were misidentified by an eyewitness as the rapist of an 8-yr old girl. The prosecution has a convincing case against you, regardless of the fact that you didn't do it. The mother of the rape victim wishes to keep her child out of the glare of the media, so offers you a plea bargain - privately admit your guilt to her and pay her $750,000 to make the case go away (even though the taint on your name will remain forever).

    Do you do it?
    .


    With all that expertise you garnered with those California lawyers, would have thought the difference between a Civil case and a Criminal case would have come up sometime.

    The Delay/Albo case was a Civil case. (which was settled out of court as many/most are) No charges were ever filed against Tom Delay in that case.....



    .

  6. #36
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Richardson Probe 'Was Killed in Washington'

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    .


    With all that expertise you garnered with those California lawyers, would have thought the difference between a Civil case and a Criminal case would have come up sometime.

    The Delay/Albo case was a Civil case. (which was settled out of court as many/most are) No charges were ever filed against Tom Delay in that case.....



    .
    Way to ruin it, I was looking forward to hearing more about how some random mother was going to offer me a plea bargain while simultaneously extorting me.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Richardson Probe 'Was Killed in Washington'

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    As for the rest of your post, I have to laugh at your source (FOX? Are you effin' kidding!?) but will not waste my time pointing out the partisanship within it. It's obvious to all but the Kook-Aid drinkers.
    May 2009

  8. #38
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Richardson Probe 'Was Killed in Washington'

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    The Delay/Albo case was a Civil case.
    Very good!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    With all that expertise you garnered with those California lawyers, would have thought the difference between a Civil case and a Criminal case would have come up sometime.
    I do know the difference. My hypothetical was in response to RiNYC's comment:

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Again, you obviously don't have much experience with criminal investigations. It's routine for parties to settle regardless of whether they are guilty of what they're being charged with.
    Which is why I posited a hypothetical about, y'know, a criminal case where someone who was innocent was given the option to settle the case by privately admitting guilt and paying damages.

    And his dishwater response tells me everything I need to know - he'd be willing to lie (falsely admit he raped a child) because... well, I honestly can't fathom why, just that he'd be willing to do so.
    Last edited by Glinda; 08-31-09 at 08:27 PM.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Richardson Probe 'Was Killed in Washington'

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Guess you didn't notice that my complaint about your source was taken from a direct quote from YOU, when you attacked MY source in a previous post.

    Idiot.
    What irony reading the above: there is a vast difference between your poo pooing a source as if it were a joke without providing a shred of effort to show why, and my post which clearly pointed out the bias in your source and the fact that it contained very little in substance or facts; much like your arguments.

    Backatchya.

  10. #40
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Richardson Probe 'Was Killed in Washington'

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What irony reading the above: there is a vast difference between your poo pooing a source as if it were a joke without providing a shred of effort to show why, and my post which clearly pointed out the bias in your source and the fact that it contained very little in substance or facts; much like your arguments.
    You stick with that, pal. I'm sure your "FEMA camp" wetdreams will keep you warm at night.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •