Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 309

Thread: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

  1. #271
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Well Reverend Wright was a bat**** crazy loon and he was a racist of the highest order. Just because he shielded his racism behind a pulpit he isn't excused for his racism. And for Obama to sit in the church of a pastor like that for 20 years makes him suspect in my mind too.

    And the race thing was "minor" when the race card was being played openly by the candidate himself. He all but said that disagreements with him were because he was black. And he all but called Pennsylvannia a bunch of gun totin' Jesus freak rednecks. Because he hid it behind a softer rhetoric does not excuse that he stated it anyway.

    The bat****crazy loon Rev Wright crowd is absolutely no different than the "You hate Obama only because he is black" crowd. There is no difference between the two, other than political idealogy.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The bat****crazy loon Rev Wright crowd is absolutely no different than the "You hate Obama only because he is black" crowd. There is no difference between the two, other than political idealogy.
    I actually think they share a common ideology, as well...blacks are victims, conservatives are satan...the government should do more.

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The bat****crazy loon Rev Wright crowd is absolutely no different than the "You hate Obama only because he is black" crowd. There is no difference between the two, other than political idealogy.
    I see them as having pretty much the same worthless race baiting idealogy.

  4. #274
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I see them as having pretty much the same worthless race baiting idealogy.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. They are at separate ends of the political spectrum but pretty much exactly the same.

    But I think you misinterpreted what I'm saying....

    I'm saying that those who try to argue the whole Rev Wright is a crazy*** bat against Obama are no different than those on the other end of the spectrum who try to argue that anyone who opposes Obama is a racist.
    The two groups...although at completely opposite ends of the spectrum...are pretty much the same.
    Last edited by disneydude; 08-27-09 at 06:24 PM.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #275
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Do you really think so? I remember that being a very very minor element in the election, coming only from the extremes...on the other side were the whole Rev.Wright/crazy Christian/crazy Muslim/Not American crowd.

    For the most part, I thought both sides took a pretty credible stance away from this type of thing during the election.
    I think tha you are correct that for the most part both sides were fairly good. The Palin did seem to attract an element of rally goers that were from the much more crazy planet than any that McCain brought out. It also seems as if the real crazies either got more vocal or came out of the closset after Joe the Non Plumber leaked onto the scene.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  6. #276
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    Well, you would be wrong because, according to the majority of posters in this thread, code language does not exist in politics.

    No, the majority of posters in this thread are saying just because YOU try to state as fact that people using Communist/Socialist/Facist are using "code language" to call him a nigger doesn't make it TRUE or CORRECT and no one here gives a crap about your opinion or judgement call because you've shown us nothing that would make us even CARE about your judgement or opinion or to believe it is correct.

    This is not the same as not believing that "Code language" can exist. Disagreeing with your idiotic, poorly put together, "judgement" does not mean one doesn't believe that such a circumstance can not happen.

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No, the majority of posters in this thread are saying just because YOU try to state as fact that people using Communist/Socialist/Facist are using "code language" to call him a nigger doesn't make it TRUE or CORRECT and no one here gives a crap about your opinion or judgement call because you've shown us nothing that would make us even CARE about your judgement or opinion or to believe it is correct.

    This is not the same as not believing that "Code language" can exist. Disagreeing with your idiotic, poorly put together, "judgement" does not mean one doesn't believe that such a circumstance can not happen.
    I would actually have been interested to read some supporting evidence about these codes, but in lieu of evidence, I categorically reject Limt's opinion as credible.

  8. #278
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No, the majority of posters in this thread are saying just because YOU try to state as fact that people using Communist/Socialist/Facist are using "code language" to call him a nigger doesn't make it TRUE or CORRECT and no one here gives a crap about your opinion or judgement call because you've shown us nothing that would make us even CARE about your judgement or opinion or to believe it is correct.

    This is not the same as not believing that "Code language" can exist. Disagreeing with your idiotic, poorly put together, "judgement" does not mean one doesn't believe that such a circumstance can not happen.
    The whole bogus association of "socialism" and "nigger" never crossed my mind until it started showing up in the news. Where do they get these crazy notions?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #279
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Where do they get these crazy notions?
    Making **** up is a lot easier than actual reporting.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No, the majority of posters in this thread are saying just because YOU try to state as fact that people using
    Of course I never said it was a "fact."

    I said it was judgement call.

    And you are very wrong on your point about what posters in this thread 'really think.' Most posters in this thread (see post #277) simply do not believe code language exists in political dialouge. It is quite the ridiculous stance, but a real one nonetheless.

    I have made my view abundantly clear that my claim is a subjective viewpoint.

    Do not try to misrepresent my claim by falsely stating I said something I did not say, ie that I stated my claim as 'empirical fact.'

    I can only conclude, regrettably, that you're purposefully lying to enhance your objections since I have made myself beyond clear that it is not a fact, but a personal judgement.

    Fibbing does not suit you.

    Try another more honest approach.
    Last edited by The_Limt; 08-28-09 at 01:08 PM.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •