Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 309

Thread: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

  1. #261
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    yeah that too. my bad.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I wouldn't say "plenty", but there is certainly more argument that can be made.
    However, there was argument before, if people were intelligent enough to articulate it. Some were able to.....others simply resorted to parroting their favorite drug addict talk show host because they couldn't articulate a credible argument. That's all I'm sayin.
    Well to be fair, legitimate criticism of Obama was kinda quashed from the onset because the whole "you don't like him because of his skin color" was bandied about with no remorse or shame during the election.

  3. #263
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I'm sure there are people who dislike Obama because of his race, hardly worth a mention tho. I do not think they make a significant group
    just because people don't admit to that doesn't mean that's not how they think. i have no idea what the numbers are, but i believe they ARE worth mentioning. we're not as evolved as we like to believe, imho.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #264
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Well to be fair, legitimate criticism of Obama was kinda quashed from the onset because the whole "you don't like him because of his skin color" was bandied about with no remorse or shame during the election.
    Do you really think so? I remember that being a very very minor element in the election, coming only from the extremes...on the other side were the whole Rev.Wright/crazy Christian/crazy Muslim/Not American crowd.

    For the most part, I thought both sides took a pretty credible stance away from this type of thing during the election.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #265
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    Hey!

    How dare you say such a thing without proof!

    I want proof!

    lol......no proof available. i might mention the ugly racist crap that floated around during the elections, some of it perpetrated by POLITICIANS........;-) watermelon and fried chicken, anyone?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #266
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    just because people don't admit to that doesn't mean that's not how they think. i have no idea what the numbers are, but i believe they ARE worth mentioning. we're not as evolved as we like to believe, imho.
    Why give them more airtime than they deserve? Ignore them.

    Racism will always exist. Never will it be eliminated


  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    just because people don't admit to that doesn't mean that's not how they think. i have no idea what the numbers are, but i believe they ARE worth mentioning. we're not as evolved as we like to believe, imho.
    I live in the DEEP south. We have a black police chief and a black mayor and several black city council reps. My community is 70% white. I think America is MUCH less racist than most of us realize.

    Seriously, you can't get much deeper south than where I live. Frankly, it gives me hope.

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    lol......no proof available. i might mention the ugly racist crap that floated around during the elections, some of it perpetrated by POLITICIANS........;-) watermelon and fried chicken, anyone?
    Most of which, from what I saw, was floated by HILARY FANS.

  9. #269
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    not the obama dollars.....

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Do you really think so? I remember that being a very very minor element in the election, coming only from the extremes...on the other side were the whole Rev.Wright/crazy Christian/crazy Muslim/Not American crowd.

    For the most part, I thought both sides took a pretty credible stance away from this type of thing during the election.
    Well Reverend Wright was a bat**** crazy loon and he was a racist of the highest order. Just because he shielded his racism behind a pulpit he isn't excused for his racism. And for Obama to sit in the church of a pastor like that for 20 years makes him suspect in my mind too.

    And the race thing was "minor" when the race card was being played openly by the candidate himself. He all but said that disagreements with him were because he was black. And he all but called Pennsylvannia a bunch of gun totin' Jesus freak rednecks. Because he hid it behind a softer rhetoric does not excuse that he stated it anyway.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •