Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 309

Thread: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    but surely you can't overlook the fact that some people do disagree with him simply becasue he is black, or his middle name is hussein?

    and surely you can't believe that right wing talk radio/tv hosts don't use the word "hussein" as a code word for "arab"
    ?
    Hey!

    How dare you say such a thing without proof!

    I want proof!


  2. #252
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,475

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    but surely you can't overlook the fact that some people do disagree with him simply becasue he is black, or his middle name is hussein?

    and surely you can't believe that right wing talk radio/tv hosts don't use the word "hussein" as a code word for "arab"?
    There were people that disagreed with Bush because he is white, too.

    Actually, I think people use, "Hussein", as a code word for, "Muslim".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There were people that disagreed with Bush because he is white, too.

    Actually, I think people use, "Hussein", as a code word for, "Muslim".
    Well, you would be wrong because, according to the majority of posters in this thread, code language does not exist in politics.

    Last edited by The_Limt; 08-27-09 at 04:36 PM.

  4. #254
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I think that arguments that include phrases like "a lot of people" or "socially acceptable racism" are just too subjective to give any credit. Look how little Limt had to backpedal out of his arguments because he couldn't substantiate them...first it was people that call him those names are definitely racists because they're crazy. Then it was only crazy people who call him those names are racist. Then it was crazy racists who call him those names are crazy racists. But never able to give a source or a number of these supposed crazy racists.

    Then it became "it's all just a judgment call, I'm not doing your homework, the dog must've eaten mine which is why I can't show the calculations for my math homework blah blah blah".

    All so much blather and so little substance. But that's what happens when you take a subjective view of a nebulous group that may or may not exist and start trying to apply undocumented concepts to prove your unsubstantiated opinion.

    Don't get me wrong, Jall. I agree that you its a stretch to argue that all or even most of the people shouting those type of things are "racist". However, I don't think that you can discount the fact that there are many people in that crowd who may not feel comfortable yelling the "N" word, but nevertheless are thinking it when they are yelling things that are considered more "socially acceptable". I guess that's where I disagree with you. I don't think the vast majority of "racists" are comfortable being overt about it.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #255
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There were people that disagreed with Bush because he is white, too.

    Actually, I think people use, "Hussein", as a code word for, "Muslim".
    I disagree. I think people who used "Hussein" did so because they had nothing else in their arsenal. I doubt most of them really believe that Obama is Muslim.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #256
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    not most, some. and i'm not sure ignorant is the same as racist either. and the more people feel inadequate, the more they search for someone to be "better than"........it's our nature.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Must come as quite a shock to be asked to provide evidence for your claims
    Unbelievable.

    Don't worry, you're right. Of course code language doesn't "exist" in politics.

    Its all just a fantasy to further my own personal agenda to promote the existence of code language.

    Last edited by The_Limt; 08-27-09 at 04:39 PM.

  8. #258
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,475

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I disagree. I think people who used "Hussein" did so because they had nothing else in their arsenal. I doubt most of them really believe that Obama is Muslim.
    There's plenty in the arsenal, now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #259
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There's plenty in the arsenal, now...
    I wouldn't say "plenty", but there is certainly more argument that can be made.
    However, there was argument before, if people were intelligent enough to articulate it. Some were able to.....others simply resorted to parroting their favorite drug addict talk show host because they couldn't articulate a credible argument. That's all I'm sayin.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #260
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,475

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I wouldn't say "plenty", but there is certainly more argument that can be made.
    However, there was argument before, if people were intelligent enough to articulate it. Some were able to.....others simply resorted to parroting their favorite drug addict talk show host because they couldn't articulate a credible argument. That's all I'm sayin.
    I would say plenty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •