Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 309

Thread: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    I will not do your homework for you.

    Period.

    It is not my business, nor my job to educate you.
    necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit

    Actually, as the one who made the initial charge that these terms are codes for the n-word, the burden of proof is on you to provide evidence to establish that your claim is true. This is the first rule of debate.

    I know you're practically royalty and all, but if you want your arguments to be treated seriously here, you will support them with evidence.

    This is one the most basic rules of argumentation, and dates back to Aristotle's Rhetoric. This protocol for debate has been followed in civilized discussions amongst educated men and women for several thousand years now.

    If you'd like to learn more, I'd advise that you google "burden of proof," and do your homework in this regard. We aren't always serious here, but that is the basic structure of most discussions here.

    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 08-27-09 at 03:26 PM.

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit

    Actually, as the one who made the initial charge that these terms are codes for the n-word, the burden of proof is on you to provide evidence to establish that your claim is true. This is the first rule of debate.

    I know you're practically royalty and all, but if you want your arguments to be treated seriously here, you will support them with evidence.

    This is one of those basic rules of argumentation that dates back to Aristotle's Rhetoric, and have been followed in civilized discussions amongst educated men and women for several thousand years now.

    Hope that helps.

    See post #190

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    I do not need to provide a link, or proof, for what is a personal judgement call.
    Your judgement call is ridiculous and unsubstantiated by evidence.

    /discussion

  4. #194
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    I could not have been more clearer.

    It is a judgement call to make. There is no percentage. If you're looking to trap me into a corner by giving you a percentage you are wrong, dead wrong.

    Code language in politics exists.

    The more vocal elements of the population seem to be using the words "socialist," "communist" and "fascist," as code words for the N word.

    Again, another judgement call that I am willing to make.

    I do not need to provide a link, or proof, for what is a personal judgement call.

    Okay so....

    You want to repeatedly say "those that a call him x, y, z are really meaning he's a nigger".

    Then you want to say its just "some" of those people.

    Then you want to claim you can't say how many of them, its YOUR call to make, and we're supposed to just trust that call, and because its your call to make you can continue to present the issue with implications that its the majority of them since you've repeatedly (see the first two portions of this thread) made the statement without ANY qualifiers as to their number.

    Great.

    The vast majority of people that call him a socialist, communist, or fascist are doing so because they believe that his policies represent those things. This can be proven by looking historically at the fact that multiple politicians of various races have been called these names before both in recent years and back when the civil rights movement was going on. Its my judgement call to make if someone isn't doing it because of that reason, and my judgement says the vast majority have nothing to do with trying to call him a nigger.

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    When you hear crazy protester call Obama a Socialist/Communist/Facist = Code Language for the N word.

    The above was my first post in this thread.

    Note the word "crazy" because I was clearly talking about people on the fringe.

    That was my first post in this thread.

  6. #196
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    The above was my first post in this thread.

    Note the word "crazy."
    note you give no indication of what makes someone a "crazy" protesters leading the implication to be squarely that those calling him socialist/fascist/communist is what makes a crazy protester.

    Its not other peoples fault if you are very poor at articulating what you actually mean.

  7. #197
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    The above was my first post in this thread.

    Note the word "crazy" because I was clearly talking about people on the fringe.

    That was my first post in this thread.
    Lol

    Trying to cling on from the fingertips there ...


  8. #198
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    Do you realize you, unintentionally, supported my argument in the above post?

    You correctly summarized my argument that "some" of Obama's detractors are using code language to call him the N word. I go on to state it is my judgement call to make.

    Yet in your next paragraph you state that "we have posters who state that Obama isn't being called a communist because he's black."

    You're saying that they are not interpreting my claim correctly as they are confusing "some" with "every person" who calls Obama a socialist, communist, fascist etc.

    Even though I'm sure you did not mean to agree with me and illustrate their misinterpretations of my argument, I thank you nontheless.
    This is exactly where I wanted you to fall. Stumbling on your own words :

    Here is your original argument :

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    When you hear crazy protester call Obama a Socialist/Communist/Facist = Code Language for the N word.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    Bullsnot.

    A lot of his opponents are calling him all three of those things.

    A lot.


    It does not ineterest me what laymen "think" he is or not.

    It has nothing to do with whether it is accurate, or a wholesale misrepresentation.
    From this we can gather that not only do you think 'some', as I used it(clearly meaning a minority) of his opponents call him a communist, fascist etc because he's black but 'a lot'. Now when I use a lot, and I'm sure most Western English speakers do the same, I mean a more than visible percentage or a clear majority. Now we've asked you to substantiate this 'opinion' of yours with any kind of evidence, like the one you blathered about for 4 pages regarding the civil rights movement and you have not. If you'd like to leave it as simply an opinion, one not based as any kind of proof, then by all means. But do not expect any of us to keep quiet and not call bull**** on it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    The above was my first post in this thread.

    Note the word "crazy" because I was clearly talking about people on the fringe.

    That was my first post in this thread.
    Not to be "insulting" but you expect that one word in one post is supposed to clarify your argument when everything you said afterward muddled your equivocation?

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Its my judgement call to make if someone isn't doing it because of that reason, and my judgement says the vast majority have nothing to do with trying to call him a nigger.
    I disagree with you, but I'm not going to ask you for a link to prove your above opinion, ie your judgement call.

    I find it totally ridiculous I am being asked for "proof" for what is essentially a judgement call.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •