Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 309

Thread: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    You made the claim. You support it with evidence. The onus is not on me but you to back your assertions.

    I was even kind enough to say i would accept a wikipedia source
    I will not do your homework for you.

    Period.

    It is not my business, nor my job to educate you.

  2. #182
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What's even funnier is the flamebait being posted by a mod.
    Where in the world are you getting that I flamed you? The entire post was focused on your point and argument, which was poorly put together.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This was a highspeed thread, before the flame baiting and personal attacks started.
    You mean, like the inappropriate and insulting generalizations about liberals?

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    What exactly is your role in this thread then?

    You're not involved in the discussion and you're not sharing any insights.

    You're only purpose is to hurl personal punches my way.

    That is the only conclusion I can make regarding your participation.

    I do not trade words with people who come in here for the sole purpose of launching personal shots at others.

    Do not bother to respond. My discussion with you is over as it is more than likely you will respond with vacuous insults.

    Not worth the time, not worth the effort.
    A) I will respond whenever I damned well feel like it.

    B) You need to learn the difference between a request that you support your claims and a personal insult. Ask anyone around here...if I insult you, there will be no question that it was definitely an insult.

    Now, would you like to finally substantiate your claims about "socialist" being code for "the n word". Because we don't move forward until that happens.

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    The only one guilty of personally insulting people is jallman.

    The conduct of everyone else has been exemplary.
    How, exactly, have you been insulted personally? Asking you to substantiate your claims?

    Hey, apdst, you were asked to substantiate your claims. Do you feel personally insulted by that?

  6. #186
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    Do you realize you, unintentionally, supported my argument in the above post?

    You correctly summarized my argument that "some" of Obama's detractors are using code language to call him the N word. I go on to state it is my judgement call to make.

    Yet in your next paragraph you state that "we have posters who state that Obama isn't being called a communist because he's black."

    You're saying that they are not interpreting my claim correctly as they are confusing "some" with "every person" who calls Obama a socialist, communist, fascist etc.

    Even though I'm sure you did not mean to agree with me and illustrate their misinterpretations of my argument, I thank you nontheless.
    And I will say again, every post of yours on the first page and almost all on the second that talked about this did not have a SINGLE numerical qualifier but was simply "those saying he's a socialist, fascist....etc". Not "some", not "Most", not "A minority", just "those".

    It wasn't until you were called out on it that you said "Some". Yet some is a hugely ambiguous number "2" could be sum and yes, I'm not confident enough to say that there's not two jerkass idiots out there that went "hur hur hur, hey billy, lets call Obama a 'communist' but really, we mean nigger, hur hur hur". However "Some" could also mean 99.9% of those that are calling him it are doing it to secretly call him a nigger.

    So, for a third time, I will ask you, do you believe it is small minority, a large minority, about half and half, a small majority, or a large majority of people that are calling him those names that are doing it because they want to "secretly" call him a nigger?

  7. #187
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,376

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Where in the world are you getting that I flamed you? The entire post was focused on your point and argument, which was poorly put together.
    I didn't say you flamed me. I called it, "flame baiting".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #188
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,376

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You mean, like the inappropriate and insulting generalizations about liberals?
    Didn't hear you crying about the accusations of racism earlier in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #189
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Also, seriously, if people are calling him a communist or socialist to secretly call him a nigger they're idiots.

    Everyone knows that if you want to call obama a nigger you really call him "Someone that annoys you"


  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post

    So first, please, answer my above question. What percentage, specific or generalized, of those that are calling him that do you think actually are doing it SPECIFICALLY to "secretly" call him a nigger.
    I could not have been more clearer.

    It is a judgement call to make. There is no percentage. If you're looking to trap me into a corner by giving you a percentage you are wrong, dead wrong.

    Code language in politics exists.

    The more vocal elements of the population seem to be using the words "socialist," "communist" and "fascist," as code words for the N word.

    Again, another judgement call that I am willing to make.

    I do not need to provide a link, or proof, for what is a personal judgement call.

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •