Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 309

Thread: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

  1. #161
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,984

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How about you show us some numbers, instead of retreating to the, "prove it", cave? You made the claim.
    Oh god this iss too funny.

    No sir. Lets go back shall we?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's SOP for elitist Libbos. We're all supposed to just shut-up and believe what they say, just because they said it and they're all smarter than the rest of us.
    This is the first post. This is YOU making the claim that its the SOP for "elitist Libbos". I didn't ask for proof because we can see in this thread one particular example of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You realize there are Idiot Con's who also do the same ignorant thing of saying shut-up and believe what I say, just because I say it, because I'm smarter than you.

    This isn't a liberal conservative thing, its a full of themselves poor debater thing.
    My response, is that conservatives do it too. You thankfully prove me right later in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, but not near as many.
    Wooo, and now we have our first quantifiable claim. YOU claiming that there is MORE liberals that do it than conservatives do it. This is the first claim that needs to be PROVEN since in this very thread we've already proven that some liberals do it (The_limit) and some conservatives do it (You).

    Its on YOU though to prove the actual quantifiable claim YOU made. YOU are the one that claimed that one was greater than the other, prove it.

    The irony of this is so thick its amazing.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    On one side, you have a poster who believes that code language not only exists in politics, but has a rich extensive history of manifesting itself in political discourse.

    It appears, on the other side, you have those who do not think it exists and require "proof" to substantiate the claim.


  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post

    This is the first claim that needs to be PROVEN since in this very thread we've already proven that some liberals do it (The_limit) and some conservatives do it (You).

    .
    Funny thing, but I am not a liberal.

    And you haven't proven a thing.

    Not a single, solitary thing.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    It appears, on the other side, you have those who do not think it exists and require "proof" to substantiate the claim.

    I just want you to back up your claims ... if you can manage that task ofc

    Don't worry. I can wait.


  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I just want you to back up your claims ... if you can manage that task ofc

    Don't worry. I can wait.
    Should I provide a link that the sun exists while I'm at it as well?

  6. #166
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    Should I provide a link that the sun exists while Im at it as well?
    Oh lord give me strength


  7. #167
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    On one side, you have a poster believes that code language not only exists in politics, but has a rich extensive history of manifesting itself in political discourse.

    It appears, on the other side, you have those who do not think it exists and require "proof" to substantiate the claim.

    No. This is incorrect. I'll explain why :

    One one side, we have a poster who believes some of Obama's detractors are using the word 'communist' to replace the word 'nigger' and says he can support this with aid of history. Mainly that of the civil rights movement. That is you.

    On the other side, we have posters who state that Obama isn't being called a communist because he's black but mostly because it is a popular insult for those left of center. This can be supported by the fact that in through the cold war the U.S. government and many leading American figures were labeled as communists regardless of whether or not they were or for that matter their race.

    When you are ready to debate this topic honestly, you're more then welcome to.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Oh lord give me strength
    Pray for motivation to do a simple google search on the rich histiry of code language in politics.

    C'mon, I'm sure you can do it.

  9. #169
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,984

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    On one side, you have a poster who believes that code language not only exists in politics, but has a rich extensive history of manifesting itself in political discourse.

    It appears, on the other side, you have those who do not think it exists and require "proof" to substantiate the claim.

    I ask again

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Alright, you REPEATEDLY through the first two pages framed it that those calling him a fascist, socilaist, and communist are really calling him a nigger in secret.

    Then, when called on that, you go "No no no, I didn't say EVERYONE that says it".

    So please, how about this.

    What general percentage do you think of those that call him a socilaist or a communist or a fascist or a nazi are "really" meaning he's a nigger? How much of this group do you think it is?

    And, further on that, what quantifiable things actually determine if someone is saying it because they really think he's a socialist or because they really want to call him a nigger? Or are we just supposed to take your OPINION of it as some kind of credible knowledgable source based on ZERO FACTS that you've chosen to present?
    Your initial posts gave the impression you were speaking about ANYONE that called him one of those names. Now you say its not, just a portion of them.

    Does a portion mean one? Does a portion mean 1%? Does a portion mean 75%?

    Yes. I'm sure there's a handful out there that may want to call him a "nigger" but realize that'll be bad so they just join the crowd in calling him a socialist or a communist or whatever. I think that's an extreme, extreme minority.

    I think there's a slightly larger, but still severe minority that would like to call him a nigger, but don't because they at least have some PC filter on their mouths, but also actually DO believe that he's a socialist or fascist or whatever and thus are calling him that BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT.

    I think a larger majority of those calling him those things are calling him those things becuase they feel he represents those things.

    So first, please, answer my above question. What percentage, specific or generalized, of those that are calling him that do you think actually are doing it SPECIFICALLY to "secretly" call him a nigger.

    And second, please, tell me why your opinion...that you've presented zero facts to back up...is any more credible, worth while, or accurate than mine?

  10. #170
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for "great white hope"

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    Pray for motivation to do a simple google search on the rich histiry of code language in politics.

    C'mon, I'm sure you can do it.
    You made the claim. You support it with evidence. The onus is not on me but you to back your assertions.

    I was even kind enough to say i would accept a wikipedia source


Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •