1. Bed shortages in Britain force 4000 moms to give birth in elevators, offices, hallways and hospital toilets
2. Another body blow to Obamacare, which is already defunct, according to Bill Clinton, Kent Conrad, Tom Daschle, Russ Feingold, Max Baucus, Jack Murtha, Mike Ross...
3. Heck, even HHS Sebelius, Whip Durbin and the incompetent president himself have intimated as much
4. As telling as TEA LEAVES
5. That the Brits can't bring about such bare-boned basics as birthing beds for those big with babies...
6. A pair of headlines out of Canada last week, as well, declared devastatingly AGAINST Obamacare down here in the states
7. Dr Anne Doig, President of the Canadian Medical Assn, said, concerning health care above the 49th Parallel---"we all agree that the system is IMPLODING, we all agree that things are more PRECARIOUS" than is good for Canadians
8. "We're all just TRYING to stay ahead of DAY-TO-DAY DEMANDS"
9. "Canadians have to understand that the system we have right now---if it keeps on going without change---is NOT SUSTAINABLE"
10. Ouch---Canadian health care APPEARS bankrupt
11. I mean, IMPLODING, and all
12. And being NOT SUSTAINABLE
13. The politics
14. The HEADLINES
The Canadian Press: Overhauling health-care system tops agenda at annual meeting of Canada's doctors
15. The other message from Maple Leaf Land was also delivered by Drudge
16. Maybe you should BLAME him---LOL!
17. Obama certainly does, he blames EVERYONE
18. Of course, the fedora-donning troglodyte only dug the details in the first place out of the Vancouver Sun
19. That paper of repute reported that THOUSANDS of surgeries in Metro, BC may be cut DUE TO GOVT UNDERFUNDING
20. This heartbreaking bit of bad bodings was breached, by the way, only via a SECRET "executive summary" that was LEAKED to the Sun
21. Since then, the document has been confirmed as "genuine" by the authorizing Vancouver Coastal Health Assn
22. Dr Brian Brodie, president of the BC Medical Association, called the proposed surgical cuts “a nightmare”
23. VCHA is looking to "close nearly a quarter of its operating rooms starting in Sept," needs to cut 6250 surgeries, 24% of its cases between Sept and March, according to the smuggled memo
24. The plan proposes cutbacks to neurosurgery, ophthalmology, vascular surgery, and 11 other specialized areas
25. Both of the bad newsbreaks from our brothers above the border bewail WAIT LISTS as a worry without end
Thousands of surgeries may be cut in Metro Vancouver due to government underfunding, leaked paper
UK HEALTH SYSTEM: Babies born in hospital corridors: Bed shortage forces 4,000 mothers to give birth in lifts, offices and hospital toilets...UK HEALTH SYSTEM: Babies born in hospital corridors: Bed shortage forces 4,000 mothers to give birth in lifts, offices and hospital toilets...
Thousands of women are having to give birth outside maternity wards because of a lack of midwives and hospital beds.
The lives of mothers and babies are being put at risk as births in locations ranging from lifts to toilets - even a caravan - went up 15 per cent last year to almost 4,000.
Health chiefs admit a lack of maternity beds is partly to blame for the crisis, with hundreds of women in labour being turned away from hospitals because they are full.
Latest figures show that over the past two years there were at least:
Tory health spokesman Andrew Lansley, who obtained the figures, said Labour had cut maternity beds by 2,340, or 22 per cent, since 1997. At the same time birth rates have been rising sharply - up 20 per cent in some areas.
Mr Lansley said: 'New mothers should not be being put through the trauma of having to give birth in such inappropriate places.